1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] The Avengers

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rcoleman15, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

You're thinking of the Super Friends. Which would also be an excellent movie.

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

Maybe one day when Hollywood is all out of ideas, they'd do a Marvel vs Capcom movie.

OMGOMGBRBTTYLASL!

3. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

Already saw it.

[​IMG]

Wasn't impressed.

4. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

The Avengers is one of the worst super heroes comic book. To make it onto the big screen is going to be pretty corny.

I mean Hercules and Thor? What kind of stupid super heroes is that? Those 2 belong in the realm of mythology setting and should not be anywhere near New York city.

Josh Whedon should be smart enough to stay the hell away from this because with his resume. He's not going to get a big budget to direct this kind of a movie and watch how crappy the CGI is going to be with his below $100Mil. The guy should be directing Runaways base on Brian Vaughn comic book.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

He might get a budget. Why would it be any less than Iron Man 2's? Marvel from what I understand is in charge of these movies now and they put their guys in place with the tools to do the job right. I agree, the mythical characters can't be good though. I guess if vampires are hot so can they? I think it was Whedon that made them popular in the first place right? With Buffy?

6. Nero

Nero Member

I'm not sure anyone should hold up the X-Men movies as evidence that a 'Team Superheroes' movie can work. Having read quite a bit of the X-Men comix back in the day, the movies really failed miserably in that regard. In fact X-Men was all ABOUT these fairly young people having to learn to rely on each other as a 'team', because whenever they tried to do anything on their own, they got their arses kicked. But mainly the comics were *visceral*.

And there was NONE of that in the movies. Singer turned them into a treatise as a thin metaphor for gay rights, which is not what that series was about, not even close.

So who's to say whether anyone has proven that a team-based hero movie will work? If The Avengers turns out anything like the X-Men movies, or worse, like the FF4 movies, then we are talking about massive massive FAIL.

However, the one good thing is, the movies that Marvel have actually produced themselves have been much more true to the spirits of the source material. Iron Man, the new Hulk, now Iron Man 2 (hopefully).. and Thor and Captain America underway... and depending on how people take to Scarlett in IM2, we can bet she will play heavily in the Avengers as well..

It's just too bad that they had to sell off the rights to so many prime properties in order to get to where they could do it themselves.

So hopefully the new movies will be more Iron Man and less Punisher (or Ghost Rider or Daredevil or Elektra or Fantastic Four or X-Men or Spiderman 3 orAng Lee's Hulk or... or... sigh)

7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

There's one X-factor (punny?) there- Disney now owns Marvel. I hope they don't meddle with the secret sauce Marvel turned out the past few years.

8. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Ed Norton out as Bruce Banner in the Avengers. Not bueno. He nailed it. Disney jacking with the secret sauce. :mad:

link

Marvel Studios has confirmed earlier reports that Edward Norton will not reprise his role as Bruce Banner in The Avengers. Instead, another actor is being sought to join the ensemble cast.

In a statement sent to HitFix from the London set of Captain America: The First Avenger, Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige wrote:

“We have made the decision to not bring Ed Norton back to portray the title role of Bruce Banner in the Avengers. Our decision is definitely not one based on monetary factors, but instead rooted in the need for an actor who embodies the creativity and collaborative spirit of our other talented cast members. The Avengers demands players who thrive working as part of an ensemble, as evidenced by Robert, Chris H, Chris E, Sam, Scarlett, and all of our talented casts. We are looking to announce a name actor who fulfills these requirements, and is passionate about the iconic role in the coming weeks.”

Presumably that announcement will be made July 24 during the Marvel Studios panel at Comic-Con International.

The earlier story by HitFix had suggested the decision to replace Norton was a financial one. However, it’s clear from Feige’s statement that Marvel is looking for a “team player,” so to speak. That perhaps lends credence to widely circulated, but frequently denied, reports that Norton had fought with studio executives over the final edits to 2008′s The Incredible Hulk.

Judging from the comments on our earlier post, this news won’t sit well with a number of fans.

The Avengers, which presumably is directed by Joss Whedon, stars Chris Evans, Robert Downey Jr., Scarlett Johansson, Chris Hemsworth, Samuel L. Jackson … plus a handful of others we’ll learn for certain in two weeks. The movie opens on May 4, 2012.

9. Jontro

Jontro Member

If this one fail, which I have really high hopes for... I suggest superhero movies should just be made into comedy from then on out.

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Joss Whedon is directing it? Now I am into this movie.

I still don't like the concept of combining the different heroes into one movie.

11. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

This movie already borderlined on "goofy" to me. Getting rid of Norton makes it even less likely that I'll bother to intentionally watch it.

12. McNultyisDrunk

McNultyisDrunk Contributing Member

It really sucks that Edward Norton got Terrence Howard'd. :(

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Ya I hear Downey JR is also out, Stamos in.

14. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

justin beiber as thor

15. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

saw this episode of entourage a few seasons ago, thanks for the memories

16. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

17. Kate81

Kate81 Member

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Forreal, what's wrong with Eric Bana?
    just let him step back into the roll.

Rocket River

19. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Mark Ruffalo is a good actor and Ed Norton is kind of a dick. As I understand it, he totally bs'd about "writing the script" for the Hulk or rewriting it and to keep controversy down the real screenwriter had to play along.

20. rhino17

rhino17 Member

What? Mark Ruffalo is as bad of an actor as you can be.