1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Superman Reboot

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Keyser Soze, Sep 23, 2010.

Tags:
  1. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Speaking as a total Marvel nerd, I can't fathom how you didn't like Batman Begins, and I still have the Dark Knight as better than Avengers. I'd say I like Avengers more because the characters are much more near and dear to me (plus I like superheroes with super powers), but I still feel like Dark Knight was the better movie. Spiderman 2 was aight...I like the Amazing Spiderman take better actually. I at the very least like Andrew Garfield a hell of a lot better as Spiderman. Tobey Macguire is...ugh don't get me started (yes, I loved the "first" Spiderman).

2. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

If kryptonians get their power from the sun and superman has been gaining power from the sun his whole life shouldn't he be stronger than the rest of them, and if that isn't the case how is he able to fight a trained fighter like zod?

3. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Absolutely loved the movie. Everybody I felt was perfectly cast, especially the parents and Superman himself; a lot of good, heartfelt emotion shone through. My only small nitpick is the constant quick zooms during all the action scenes; felt a little unnecessary. But I love the grand scale of it all.

4. getsmartnow

getsmartnow Contributing Member

I thought the movie was ok. It had some moments which really stood out, and am glad they put them in. And then there were some other WTF moments that were just terrible, or missed the point completely.

Details:
    1. I don't get why the council on Krypton- on the edge of destruction itself- decided to banish General Zod and his crew? I would've just put them in a cage and let them ride out the destruction. It didn't make sense.

2. Was disappointed there was no Clark Kent. I think he's an integral part of the Superman character.

3. My tip for a sequel: Lex Luthor (hinted at by the Lexcorp signs) steps in to rebuild Metropolis, thereby owning most of the buildings/infrastructure. Finds some Kryptonite left over in the wreckage blah blah becomes Superman's enemy. OR, they just keep going the sci-fi route and introduce Braniac/Doomsday/Darkseid.

4. I thought Kevin Costner was great, and probably the best performer out of the bunch.

5. conquistador#11

brrrrah, mighty mouse is a cartoon! superman is a real person!:grin:

6. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Finally watched this. I was hesitant because of the reviews but overall it was alright and probably deserved better than the score it get on RT. It DID have a lot of problems though..none of it broke the movie for me but it was very distracting. Bad flow, stiff dialogue, lack of subtly and finesse in direction. I also stopped paying attention/caring what happened the last third. Oh and the tornado scene..
    I would give it a 7/10.

Yeah that was weird. Did the rest of the Kryptonians leave for the outposts? This wasn't clear to me. Seems like they just did Zod a huge favor..putting him in suspended hibernation while they die out.

7. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

I wouldn't go so far as to say I hated Batman Begins, but I could understand how Batman purists would. The amount of time devoted to the whole "League of Shadows" almost shifts the focus from Bruce Wayne/Batman/Gotham and turns it into some kung-fu flick. I like kung-fu flicks and I like Batman, but I don't feel the need to mix 'em. Which is why I have Batman Begins and Dark Knight Rises listed well below Dark Knight (notice that the film in the trilogy that got the most praise and the greatest attention had ZERO "League of Shadows" in it. Coincidence?).

My list is quite similar to cml750's

1) The Avengers - just a ton of fun to watch
    2) Superman 2 - a sentimental fave
    3) The Dark Knight - Ledger's performance alone put's this one in the top 3
    4) Spiderman 2 - I liked Maguire's take on the webslinger
    5) Iron Man 1 - RDJ as Stark fit like a glove
    6) X-Men 2 - best of the series, IMHO
    7) Batman Begins
    8) Dark Knight Rises
    9) Spiderman 1
    10) Batman (1989) - say what you want about Michael Keaton and/or Jack Nicholson, this movie changed the way people looked at the character in a fundamental way. Before Burton showed Batman on the big screen as a darker, more intense character, people still pictured Batman as Adam West in tights.

8. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Because the council refused to believe Krypton would be destroyed. Both Jor El and Zod said as much. Plus considering their homeworld had never been destroyed before, even if they did believe the imminent destruction, how were they to believe Zod and his crew would be free of the Phantom Zone after Krypton broke apart?

There was Clark Kent technically. And personally I liked seeing his journey to find out who he was, rather than being automatically thrust into Clark Kent from the Daily Planet role. Though considering Lois found out who he was, it would seem pretty easy for the government to find that info as well. So that was a little odd.

9. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

Pretty good HISHE:

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/CjSNLmb0Ndw?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/CjSNLmb0Ndw?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

10. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

6/10 Would not watch again.

Many items were missing about the original Superman. :eek: Sucked BURRO nuts.

11. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

Batman/superman movie coming next from zack snyder in 2015 with goyer writing the script. The Flash in 2016 and Justice League in 2017.

12. yobod

yobod Member

Orlando Bloom is reportedly in the lead for Batman

Are the Brits coming to take over Hollywood superheroes?!

The latest rumored actor vying for the role of Batman in the planned "Man of Steel" sequel - where Superman will square off against The Dark Knight - is Orlando Bloom.

According to a report from Britain's The Daily Express, the "Pirates of the Caribbean" and "Lord of the Rings" star is a top choice to suit up in the bat armor.

PHOTOS: From Elf To Pirate To Hollywood Heartthrob: Hot Pics Of Orlando Bloom!

The paper claims a "senior source" is the "odds-on [favorite] to get the part even before our first casting call."

If cast, the actor would star opposite fellow Brit Henry Cavill in possibly numerous "Justice League" movies.

But Orlando is not the first actor to be suggested as a possible contender to don the bat cowl.

The casting rumor comes of the heels of reports that "Teen Wolf" star Tyler Hoechlin, Armie Hammer, Josh Brolin, Ryan Gosling, "True Blood's" Joe Manganiello, "The Hobbit's" Richard Armitage, "Pacific Rim's" Max Martini and "Watchmen" star Matthew Goode are all being looked at for the role.

The studio is looking to shoot the film in 2014, with a release slated for 2015.

VOTE: Would Orlando Bloom make a good Batman?

-- Jesse Spero

Copyright 2013 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
    This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

13. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Orlando Bloom would be horribly miscast as Bats, totally wrong for the role.

14. Cranberry_Juice

I just want a batman that could flips and act like a ninja. Last thing is I need is another robo batman.

15. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Seriously, ew. I like Orlando Bloom, but he ain't Batman.

16. 713

713 Member

I thought they wanted an older version of batman?

Didn't they want to do the Dark Knight Returns story line?

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

No kidding, seclusion. I feel the same way about Bloom. Like the guy, but can't imagine him as the Batman. What would they do for muscles? Have him wear a "muscle suit," like Ricardo Montalban in Wrath of Khan? It would be ridiculous!

18. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Seriously, everyone is on the lead for Batma right now.

19. yobod

yobod Member

I can see him as Batman, alongside Henry Cavill.

It'll be the start of a young Justice League.

20. yobod

yobod Member

Henry Cavill was pretty scrawny before Immortals & Man of Steel.

Christian Bale was a toothpick in The Machinst before Batmen Begins.

3 month weight training program with a special trainer, no problem.