1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Superman Reboot

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Keyser Soze, Sep 23, 2010.

Tags:
  1. VanityHalfBlack

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

You are on planet that gives you PHENOMINAL powers
    but
    you want to terraform it back into a planet where your powers are diminished?

That one threw me for a loop . . . why?

Rocket River

4. mrm32

mrm32 Member

They don't get their powers from the planet but from the sun I thought.

5. rcoleman15

rcoleman15 Contributing Member

Zod was never looking to be god-like or super powered in this movie. He was a warrior reacting to what he perceived as threats to his people's safety no matter how warped his judgement had become.

His decision making process basically boiled down to the artificial population control Krypton had established.

Every child born to Krypton was specifically created/bred to fulfill a predetermined roll on Krypton. Zod's was to protect and sustain his race at all costs. That was his total existence.

Zod said as much at the end of the movie..."I exist only to protect Krypton...that is the sole purpose for which I was born and every action I take no matter how violent or how cruel is for the greater good of my people".

With Krypton destroyed and the codexx within his reach along with the additional technology he had acquired with which he could restore his people and his planet Zod shifted into what he was created for and given how warped he had become he didn't care that it came at the expense of Earth and it billions of inhabitants nor did he ever care for the additional powers the planet and sun gave him.

#765 rcoleman15, Jun 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
  6. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

Couldn't they have added Lois Lane and the Daily Planet in Part 2 instead

Is weird that she knows his whole family first and then Clark working for the Daily Planet

7. Vivid

Vivid Member

The thing is his people were perfectly capable of living on Earth as is. In fact being super powered might help his people, no real natural threats to their lives. I doubt a bunch of Superman like creatures would have trouble with dealing with a bunch of humans.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Had a week or so to let it sit with me... I've decided finally. Didn't really like it. The best part about superhero stories is the banter and intercation between characters during downtime - like the interactions you see in Mad Men but less refined (obviously). All the great stories have it, even ones that aren't developed over years and years of comics (like Watchmen). This one doesn't have that. That's why it has no soul. It's an epic attempt at Superman and it's enjoyable but it has no soul.

9. Jontro

Jontro Member

[​IMG]

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Sweet insight captain.

11. rcoleman15

rcoleman15 Contributing Member

Some will find it weird and some won't more than likely due to the fact that they recently did this setup on the tv series Smallville with Lois knowing the Kent's before hand and then finding out Clark's secret before he took up the cape.

Actually no they weren't.

Earth's atmosphere was quite painful to them as demonstrated a couple times during the movie.

Zod dealt with it swiftly because he was trained to have mastery over his senses. Those without that training would have to go through years of pain just like Clark did to adapt to Earth's atmosphere.

This was something again Zod's was aware of and was part of his reasoning as per the movie:

"Jor-El - Our people can coexist.

Zod - So we can suffer though years of pain trying to adapt as your son has?"

#771 rcoleman15, Jun 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2013
  12. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

i want the director's cut!!

13. VanityHalfBlack

better than superman

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rsPa8QgGGkc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I give it an 8. Also don't think it's worth seeing in 3-D.

I came in late and the first thing I saw was Jor-El stealing the codex. What happened before that?

15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

^
    He was warning the council that Krypton was gonna blow up in a week or two and was interrupted by Zod who was in a process of throwing a coup at the same time. Zod wanted Jor-El to join him and when Jor-El refused, he was ordered to be confined. Somehow being the scientist badass gladiator he is, Jor-El escapes on his Avatar monster and heads towards the codex.

The film began with Superman's birth that happened shortly before.

16. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Thanks

17. itzIce

itzIce Member

18. SunsRocketsfan

OMG sucks for you!!! that best part of the movie right before Jor-El stealing the codex.... you TOTALLLY MISSED OUT!!!!

actually not much happens.. just basically Jor-El telling the council we are all *****ed and the planet is going to blow due to the over mining of resources.. The general dude comes in and attacks and kills a few of them and starts his take over.. Jor El escapes and goes to steal the codex

19. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

Quite cool, he does look like Christopher Reeves to me in one of the frames

[​IMG] vs [​IMG]

20. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

fo sho.