1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Star Wars Episode VII

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by K mf G, Nov 8, 2013.

1. codell

codell Contributing Member

[​IMG]

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah, pretty sure it was because Guiness hated Star Wars and they were fortunate to get him in that one movie lol

I bet they wrote him off because apparently he complained about how rubbish the whole thing was.

3. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

He was in all 3 movies...

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Lol you are right but what I meant was this...

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.c...inness-idea-to-kill-off-obi-wan-in-star-wars/

So yes, technically he was in the movies but it was his idea to be killed off so in essence he was written off and into those smaller pretty much guest appearance roles he's on ESP and ROTJ.

5. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Harrison Ford lobbied for the same thing in TESB and again in ROTJ. I'm pretty sure it was for similar reasons. I don't think either actor really bought into it, thought it was corny, and...to them...it didn't require a whole lot of "acting" skill. They understood it became a huge success but didn't really want to be known so much for it. My opinion is they somehow thought less of themselves as actors for having portrayed such fluff-lined characters and wanted out.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah, he wanted out and they carbon froze him because they weren't sure if he'd be back or not, but they never really wanted to kill him because I think the quote was that they can't sell toys of a dead character.

Episode 7 spoilers I guess lol...
    I bet no one is happier than him that they finally killed his character. I know he made it clear he had no interest in playing him ever again years ago so this must have been the one condition to bring him back.

7. Surfguy

and, he got a huge pay check for force awakens. I believe it was $23 million.

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah, that would explain it then lol.

It was actually really nice to see them incorporate the old cast the way they did now that I think about it. Reminds me that with the anthology series that Ewan McGregor said he'd be down for doing one about young Obi Wan and what happens after Episode 3. I think that would be pretty cool.

That whole period has some pretty cool stories to tell.

9. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Much like Guiness, he will also be in at least the next movie (probably a flashback).

10. PeppermintCandy

Maybe he makes a surprise appearance in Rogue One, which takes place between Episodes 3 and 4? Though that would mess up the original storyline of Obi Wan as a hermit in Tattooine.

11. Surfguy

I'm sure Harrison would love to make a cameo for another ten million dollar fee. Easy money! ;)

12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

He does, and he will.

What else is he doing now? Indiana Jones 7? Fugitive 2? (seriously, how did he ever really get released after the first one? Did they re-open his case? Did he get a new trial? If anything, he's still guilty for being a fugitive, regardless of whether or not he committed the crime he was convicted for).

13. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Pretty sure he has wanted to get killed of for a while. The guy has made a lot of money in his career.

14. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I just had an idea. Since Abrams said that Rey's parents weren't in episode 7. Why couldn't her dad be Darth Vader? Maybe the emperor made a test tube baby with Vader's DNA. Cloning already has a large role in the story.

15. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Perhaps... but sounds a bit convoluted, especially since we figure Rey is in her late teens/early 20's... and its been 30+ years since the emperor was killed (and then Vader dying at the same time).

Same reason why her being an offspring of Obi-Wan also doesn't make much sense.

Whoever is her parents, knew she would be in danger given her lineage... so they intentionally left (hid) her on Jakku.

16. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Also, hasn't JJ intentionally tried to be deceptive (lied) before regarding potential rumors/spoilers?

Didn't he insist that Khan wasn't going to be in the Star Trek sequel... when that was the plan all along?

17. Surfguy

First I've heard about the Khan thing.

I do know when I was watching 'Into Darkness" on I believe FXHD channel (248 on DirecTV)...when Spock starts yelling "KHAN!!!!" after Kirk dies in the radioactive chamber (which was a completely tacky way to say "KHAN!!!!" after the original one done by Kirk in ST II imo (Spock's crescendo style "KHAN!!!" going up in pitch like a bad "American Idol" audition...lol)), they cut to commercial right in the middle of him screaming it. That was the funniest thing I've seen as far as great timing to cut into what is supposed to be a dramatic moment in the film, FXHD. LOL

18. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Yeah.. apparently he felt it backfired, so he apologized after the fact... but it is within his nature to try and deceive in order to be secretive.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/j-j-abrams-admits-lying-about-star-trek-2s-khan-was-a-1475078061

19. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Not so fast........

20. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Suuuuure, J.J.

I suppose purgatory is off the table as well, hmm?