1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Star Wars Episode VII

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by K mf G, Nov 8, 2013.

1. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Ended up seeing it three times, enjoyed it more each time. Really happy with how it turned out and I'm looking forward to seeing how the trilogy ends up.

Lucas' salt is hilarious. On one hand it's obviously going to be tough to see your creation move forward without you and you gotta feel some empathy for that.

On the other hand he created the Prequels. So I can't be too upset that someone else is trying moving on.

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I saw that interview on Ellen and it seemed like Oscar was just saying nonsense so Ellen wouldn't keep questioning John and Daisy on if they were going to have a romance in the film.

3. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

The leak I read on imdb has him playing a much more significant role.

4. mikol13

Supporting Member

No, sorry. You're right, they removed it. PM me and I'll tell you what I remember. I'm kicking myself for not taking screen shots.

1 person likes this.
  5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Why not just post it here and spoiler it?

6. mikol13

Supporting Member

So a few days ago I was reading imdb.com hoping to find something on episode 8. What I found was the whole story written out and I was shocked. I thought it was released for some reason and didn't consider that it was just a leak. Is it true? Not sure, but it makes a ton of sense. I will spoiler what I remember, only read it once, so it will just be pieces.

So apparently episode 8 starts out with Luke telling Rey that he is her father. They have been training for several years at the temple and Luke is concerned with how strong she is and how she struggles with keeping her emotions together. Sound familiar? Rey asks about her mother, but Luke is very vague with his answer. I believe her name was Jade Mara or Mara Jade? Does this mean anything to anyone? Supposedly Kylo killed her and the reason he turned to the dark side was because he felt Luke betrayed the Jedi code by having this relationship. Luke ends the training with Rey,but can't remember why.

So apparently Lukes wife is not dead, but not alive either. Can't remember how they described her, but the concept was unique and very cool. I believe she is a part of a new group that acts as allies with the First Order, but only to gain more power later.

Snoke completes Kylo Rens training and apparently Kylo is a major badass. Comes out that Snoke is Darth Plagueis and has powers like no other we've ever seen.

For some reason Rey has to get away, I believe it's Kylo trying to kill her, but not sure. So Poe is sent with her off somewhere and apparently they fall in love.

Finn has powers regarding the force, but they can't figure out why. From what I read, Lando is in this one and has a daughter. Finn and Lando's daughter are said to be love interests.

Wish I could remember more, but that's pretty much what I remember. Next time screen shots!

1 person likes this.
  7. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

POE AND REY? NOOOOOOOOO. Finn got nice guy'd.

8. Caesar

Caesar Member

Any Star Wars movie will make money. But the lasting memory of the prequels will be that they are really bad films.

9. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I messed up. I thought it was a 7:30pm start, and we made it to our seats by 7:30pm. Based off what it seems I missed, it must have been a 7pm...or 7:15 if they do that. :(

10. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]

11. i3artow i3aller

12. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

This was an enjoyable and really well done movie.

My two criticisms would be:

1. Leia. Don't care how she looks (which was fine btw). Her acting is horrendous.

2. Overall story. Sorry... I get the play to the past. but there's just not a ton of creativity there.

13. calurker

calurker Contributing Member

Was hoping for The Dark Knight but instead got Into Darkness (incidentally, another JJA product). A solid 7.5 (9.0 if A New Hope didn't exist, 6.5 if The Phantom Menance didn't exist).

1 person likes this.
  14. i3artow i3aller

15. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

The lasting memories of the prequels are the Plinkett reviews made for each one. That alone makes them worthy of happening.

16. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

Good movie, large parts of the movie seemed like a rehash of ANH. I would give it a 7 to 7.5 out of 10. Saw it in IMAX 3D which didn't really impress me.

So what has me wondering is where they're going to go with Rey for the final
    2 sequels. I liked her character and think that Ridley is a younger version of Keira Knightley, but parts of the movie had me scratching my head like:

How the force came to her so quickly and how she was able to use it in battle. Not even Luke was so adept at it when he began his training.

And the flashback when she first touched the light saber.

I hope that the next Star Wars does a better job explaining the Ren/Rey/Finn plot, because if it doesn't what would be the point of seeing the 3rd installment?
    That is why TESB and ROTJ were so good. The characters developed so much in TESB that by the time ROTJ opened you want to know what happened with Luke/Vader and Leia/Solo.

1 person likes this.
  17. Outlier

Outlier Member

Identity of Snoke Revealed:

He is Kylo Ren. The scar Rey gives him after the fight. Same one on Snoke. Snoke is the future Kylo who either used the Force to travel back in time or is a Force ghost himself. This is the big secret of this current trilogy.They have the same ears too.

Okay, maybe not so revealed. Just my theory.

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

While I agree that the plot has too many parallels to Episode IV, one aspect of TFA that I enjoy is that it comes at the universe from the perspectives of some "minor" kind of characters.

Finn is a Storm Trooper, one of those guys that got killed by the dozens in the original trilogy. Poe is basically a more handsome version of Wedge Antilles, or any of those other X-Wing pilot. Here, their stories get told. The only one with special powers/position among the younger cast members is Rey-- and who knows what her story is.

Finn, in particular, feels like an audience surrogate-- a regular guy (though one who has some training in combat) who gets thrown into the story with Rey and Han (who is our tour guide in this movie) and the Resistance and kind of reacts in a pretty realistic way.

And there are some little things that make things interesting: Chewie gets a pretty substantial role, arguably more so than in any of the past films. The two Storm Troopers hearing/seeing Kylo having a tantrum and just turned around and left was a nice touch. It's a funny scene partly because that's how a couple of reasonable Storm Troopers would react. Storm Troopers in this movie have more spoken lines and common sense than in prior films.

19. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I believe they addressed then when asking why Finn went AWOL. Previous Storm Troopers were clones with no personality... human robots. The new storm troopers are brainwashed children raised into an army.

20. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Traitor !!</p>&mdash; John Boyega (@JohnBoyega) <a href="https://twitter.com/JohnBoyega/status/683822775748923392">January 4, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>