1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Star Wars Episode VII

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by K mf G, Nov 8, 2013.

1. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I guess I need to see "Twelve Years a Slave" as everything is Lupita this and Lupita that these days. She must have really made an impression in that role.

At first, I thought they brought in the fire dragon woman from GoT. I was thinking "what a great idea as she would be perfect". Then, after reading this thread, it turns out to be "man hands". ;)

2. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

JJ Abrams is good at paying in-movie homages to old school sci-fi films... I doubt he could do any worse than the last 3 Star Wars films.

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Hope she not killed in the opening credits :D

[​IMG]
    This would be a nice role . . . .

Rocket River

4. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

5. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

6. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Luke-centric spoilers:

More Possible Details On 'Luke Skywalker' In STAR WARS: EPISODE VII

We've heard quite a few rumours regarding the last Jedi Knight (Mark Hamill) in J.J. Abrams' Star Wars flick, and most of them point to him being out of the picture in the years leading up to the events of "Episode VII". Now we might just have some more very interesting details..

It's hard to know what to believe when it comes to Star Wars spoilers, because even if the info is coming from a usually reliable source, multiple script changes and director J.J. Abrams and his "mystery box" shenanigans often lead to a lot of false "scoops" floating around on the interwebs. But that being said, one thing that's common in pretty much everything we've heard about the character of Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill) is that he's been AWOL since Return Of The Jedi, and will pop up again on some remote, deserted planet. But will he be there against his will or by choice? What of the suggestion that he may be inching towards dark side of the force by the end of this movie? This Is Infamous claim to have a few answers. Possible SPOILERS ahead.

"From what I’ve been told, Luke hasn’t been missing for a full 30 years, only about 10, with his early time post-RETURN OF THE JEDI being spent rebuilding the Jedi Order. Yeah, Luke had some things to do, in order to help get things back on track after the fall of the Empire. In addition, he has grown so powerful with his command of the Force that he can literally move mountains or bring down ships with merely a glance. But then Luke begins to feel a disturbance in the Force… and starts to feel the lure of the Dark Side. If word about the Emperor’s resurgence is true, I believe his presence and desire to court young Skywalker once again is the root of this new evil. Because he knows just what a danger he would be if successfully convinced to switch sides, Luke goes into a self-imposed exile and disappears."​

And where does he disappear to? Apparently it's Yoda's old stomping grounds, Dagobah, where the late Jedi Master first trained Luke. According to the site, this is where he'll be reunited with his lighsaber by some old and new friends. Like everything Star Wars related, we'll have to take this as a rumour for now, but if true, what do you guys think?

7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

If you enjoyed the Star Trek movies he did, then Star Wars will be a lot like it.

Abrahms pretty much crapped on the Trek franchise by making it a lot like the Star Wars he wanted to direct. Imagine if Star Wars and some prime time teen drama were to have a b*stard child and you can pretty much expect it. It'll definitely better than the prequels...

Of course the fact that those two movies grossed a lot more than most of the Trek movies makes the crapping part my 2 cents...

8. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

He is a somewhat competent director so of course it will be better than the prequels. The budget of his Trek was three times as large. The previous Trek movies were complete crap that were made as cheaply as possible because as long as it says star trek it will make money.

He didn't write the script and when a studio dumps that kind of money into a movie they will demand it turn into a big dumb action movie. Trek wasn't his fault.

9. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

10. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

there was an article i saw yesterday said C3PO thought this new star wars would be better than empire

mybad the quote is in the article

11. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

12. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

13. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

what title would get Swoly aroused?

14. SwoLy-D

^ Is it just because I don't agree with you? :grin:

I'm just saying ANY title is not that exciting at all. I would wait until I see the movie. Title doesn't even say anything about it. :eek: I'm a Star Wars fan, but I'm not wetting my tighty-whities over some words.

15. 713

713 Member

Episode VII: The Return of JarJar

16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Star Wars: Same crap but without a shirt

17. droxford

droxford Member

I believe that Abrams is gonna do a fantastic job with this movie. (especially after seeing what he did with Star Trek - a nearly impossible task that he accomplished impressively).

18. SwoLy-D

Return Of The CCorn? :eek:

19. CCorn

CCorn Member

I would force pull my shirt off.