1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Spider-Man: Homecoming

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by 713, Apr 18, 2016.

1. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Yeah dude, like the others said; when he's in a trailer it isn't a spoiler.

Anyway, them telling you he is in the movie won't ruin anything for you I can assure you that.

I honestly wasn't very excited about this movie simply due to the previous runs. I'm well aware this is the first under Marvel Studios' supervision but I just still couldn't shake off how crappy the last 3 have movies have been.

After seeing Civil War though, I will be seeing it first night it opens. I've never been 100% happy with the way the character has been portrayed (though I liked Garfield, and Spiderman 1/2), but Tom Holland IS Spiderman. I can't wait to see more of his take...

Also...hi Aunt May, bake me pancakes and...stuff?

2. Juxtaposed Jolt

Honestly, the only way to not hear about Spidey being in CW was to live under a rock. Once Spidey was revealed in the trailer, any google search of Civil War would have probably mentioned Spidey.

He wasn't that smart-alecky in the movie though.

Throughout his quips, we know he's new to this superhero stuff. We know he's smart. We know he's awkward.

I wish the writers would have put in some more jokes. Aside from Bucky's arm, Spidey was pretty tame.

3. Juxtaposed Jolt

^Basically, I wanted him to be funnier, but it was a good introduction, nonetheless.

First of all, you have Marisa Tomei in your house and that's what you want from her? Come on, man. :grin:

Secondly, pretty sure new Aunt May can't bake for crap; I think Stark spit out her food lol.

4. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

It was a metaphor. I don't need her to cook. ;)

5. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My bad. I only watched the first official trailer released and made it a point to not watch any others after that because they do tend to reveal too much.

6. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Marvel is pretty good about not giving too much away in their trailers if you ONLY watch the trailers. If you watch the trailers plus the eight-bazillion tv clips they release you will absolutely see more than you want to see. Thanks Disney marketing!

7. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

trailer is out. looks dope... much better than the others.

8. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Slightly different trailer with some more shots of Keaton as Vulture. I'm all in, I'm so glad Sony is letting Marvel handle Spider-Man now. This is amazing. Obligatory: Now if we can only get Fox to stop screwing over the X-Men.

#48 seclusion, Dec 8, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
    713 likes this.
  9. Dei

Dei Member

It's OK. Not terribly impressed. It seems like they're more interested in integrating Spidey to the MCU than telling an authentic Spider-Man origin story. Doubt it beats the feels first Toby Spidey.

10. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

It isn't an origin story, that's the point. We've already been introduced to Spider-man ad nauseam. He's already Spider-man here, and this occurs after Civil War. Tom Holland is already a much better Spider-man than Tobey ever was. He was a decent nerdy Peter Parker, and a terrible sarcastic Spider-man.

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Solid trailer.

The only good Spider-Man movie was the very first one (mainly because Willem Dafoe was so awesome). This will easily beat Toby Macguire's version with awful Kirsten Dunst dragging things down.

12. Outlier

Outlier Member

I guess there are very few of us who loved Tobey as Spiderman.

Marvel arent really handling this are they? They only used him for the crossover and they got to choose the actor. I think thats all the terms were.

The trailer was okay. Great song choice. Too much Downey Jr. weak villain. Who was the asian friend? They are going far away from any original Spiderman plotline.

13. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

The entire movie is being developed by Marvel Studios (see the logo at the beginning of the trailer).

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

I felt the trailer was underwhelming but then again, I liked the Tobey movies

15. bigben69

bigben69 Member

Loved the second Tobey movie the most.This looks pretty good but damn these super hero movies are starting to get old. Especially when it is the 3rd version of the character in less than 10 years. I do love Michael Keaton as the Vulture though.

16. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I was a major comic book geek as a kid; my mom still has pictures I drew of Spider-Man, Iron Man, etcetera. So I'm sort of in-between "child comic book geek" and "grown comic book geek" (i.e., I'm not going to soil myself with rage when the Mandarin character gets changed or Wolverine is 6'2", oh no!!)

It's good to bring Spidey to the Marvel films universe where he belongs. I liked him in "Civil War." Hopefully this movie is good; I liked the first two with Maguire, thought the third was a freshly-squeezed flyblown turd, and liked the chemistry between the leads in the Garfield versions. But the character is supposed to be a teenager, after all, so....finally we're getting that.

17. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I love the character of Peter Parker / Spider-Man...and I don't know why, but I don't like what I see from this trailer.

18. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Really thought I was going to be the only one with the "not overwhelmingly impressed by the trailer" sentiments. Spider-Man is my favorite Marvel character and I'll watch any movie he's in but I don't think this will touch Spider-Man 2. Also, why is there so much Iron Man in this? Forcing too much Avengers into this movie. Excited to see Keaton play Vulture though.

MadMax likes this.
  19. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I think part of the issue is they should have just released the international trailer as the main one. The main one has a much more cutesy tone to it, and I think that's one thing throwing people off.

20. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i agree the Tony Stark role seems a bit too heavy but it's a trailer and perhaps they just happened to show the few scenes he is in. This is Spiderman and he deserves his own movie. I do like him being a teenager though and I'm also glad we don't have to sit through an entire origin story.