1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Skyline (Sci-Fi/Disaster - Amazing Trailer)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Sep 30, 2010.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Seriously ... you didn't think that scene with the tentacles grabbing the helicopter was like something from a crappy straight-to-tv movie?

2. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

Watched the movie yesterday. Must see, 10 out of 10 ...

My A$$! They better have a sequel to this, go watch the movie and you know what I mean here. Sadly I have not heard any news about making a sequel to this film. Anyone knows if the story is based on a published novel?

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

This was easily one of the worst sci-fi movies I've ever seen. I went to see it even though I read the bad reviews. I was thinking surely it couldn't be that bad but actually it really is that bad. Don't see it and if you do see it make sure someone else is paying.

4. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

Just managed to watch Xerobull's trailers in this thread...

and I am glad that I did not watch the 2nd trailer before the movie, or else, over 70% of the excitement would have been gone.

5. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

LOL! Now you learned a lesson. There's just so full of WTF moments in the entire movie, esp the ending, isn't it?

6. Nero

Nero Member

Please just go ahead and spoil the ending please.

7. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The last 10 minutes were like from a different movie or something. I was just in awe of how bizarre the ending was, freaking creepy and weird as hell.

8. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Thinking about going to watch it, is it good..?

9. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

Sorry I'm not so sure about the protocol here...I thought I have put the spoiler tag on it already?

In case you really want to know the ending....

I have no idea at all. You can go watch the movie then share your insight. And yes, I think the word 'insight' is appropriate since the ending was so......hmmmm........'deep'.

10. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I dunno guys. The trailer didn't look to realistic to me.

11. RocketMania1991

Rottentomatoes gave this movie a 14% out of 100........

Going to assume that its just not that good. Although Rottentomatoes has led me astray before.

12. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

General chatter has been that the FX are strong but that the story is just crap.

13. Rox_fan_here

Rox_fan_here Contributing Member

Why on earth do they keep giving these absolutely horrid, no talent directors more opportunities. I really wanted to see this because the special effects and storyline looked so fun. Then I saw who it was directed by (Alien Vs Predator Requiem anyone?) What a waste!

Could you imagine a film like this in the hands of Cameron.

14. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I finally got to watch this tonight.

My expectations for movies work like this. I suspend a few things based on genre. This is an action sci-fi flick. So I suspend expectations when it comes to acting and plot. And I wasn't pleasantly surprised. The acting and plot (the drama part) were pretty darn bad. Not as bad as The Expendables, though, to draw a comparison.

But the aliens were cool. The CGI was cool. The sci-fi element, when taken as a whole, was actually way better than I expected. Better than big hits like Independence Day or Predator. Why are they sucking people into the sky? To eat? I won't ruin it. Watch the whole thing all the way to the end, if you watch it.

And there will be a sequel- the movie cost $10m and made 60m. That's cheaper than a M. Night S movie with a better profit margin.

It's worth watching if you like this genre and want to catch it on Netflix streaming for free. Based on my expectations, I'd give it a C.

#34 Xerobull, Jan 14, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2011
  15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Thanks for turning me on to the flick. This somehow passed me by. :cool:

16. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I hope you like it- lots of hardcore fanboys panned it. Not saying that you're a fanboy, but the monkier says something about your interest in movies.

I forgot to mention. I didn't -hate- the characters as I thought I would. Eric Balfour looks pretty much the prototypical d-bag in the trailers. They aren't jerkoffs outside of the blonde. You just don't really care what happens to them as the movie progresses.

17. Sym0™

Sym0™ Member

When I read the title, Sci-Fi/Disaster, I thought it was a very well placed review/joke :p

That said I didn't like it. Felt as though it was too heavily reliant on the special fx. The story was pretty shocking too. As in bad shocking.

18. jae713

jae713 Member

The trailer was the best part of the movie.

19. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Haven't seen Skyline, but the next alien invasion/end-of-the-world movie is already in the pipe and set to come out in March. It looks like it might be a little bit better than what I've heard about Skyline:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/M_pAsPPDdC8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/M_pAsPPDdC8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Now this one looks good -- has a creepy vibe to it.