1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Movie Scenes That Left You Puzzled

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Lil Pun, Mar 11, 2006.

1. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I started this after I finished watching Con Air. What was the whole point of the small segment of the movie where Steve Buscemi's character is playing with that little girl in the empty swimming pool. I've just never understood why that part was shown and what makes it important to the story.

2. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

The Blair Witch Project -- what happened at the end?

3. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

The Flashbacks in Munich

4. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Hah, I was just watching it a little earlier this evening.

He's suppose to be the worse of the worse pyscho killers. He said he killed a girl and wore her head as a hat for five days.

It's not really important. I think he was more for comic relief.

5. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

To freak you out. I mean the guy wore peoples heads as hats, and then you see him by himself with this little girl. You're meant to assume the worst.

Stuff from movies that puzzled me....

What was in the darn suitcase in the movie Ronin.

6. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

I watched it too!!

7. BenignDMD

BenignDMD Contributing Member

Weird, I was watching The Rock at the same time as yall were watching con air. I am about to start Face Off

8. pchan

pchan Member

I can never understand how in "house of the flying dagger" Zhang ziyi character could get back up with a dagger through her heart after the guys finished fighting in the snow.

she should be dead

9. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Holy crap, I watched Lord of War tonight! It's Nick Cage day!

10. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

The same thing that was in the briefcase in Pulp Fiction.

11. FrontRowJoe

FrontRowJoe Member

Do you really want to know, or are you being facetious? If you really want to know, the explanation is below:

Early in the movie, during an interview with one of the townspeople, the filmmakers hear the story of Rustin Parr, a moutain man in the area who kidnapped 8 children, and killed 7 of them. He would kidnap two at a time, and would make one stand in the corner while he tortured and killed the other. Then, he would retrieve the child from the corner, and kill them as well. He did this because he heard the voice of "an old woman who appeared to him in a long dark hooded cloak" in his head (i.e. - the Blair Witch). After killing 7 of the 8 children, the voice told him he was "done", and he released the 8th child and turned himself in to the poilce.

Now, at the end, Heather and Mike are searching for their missing friend Josh and come across Rustin Parr's house. After being separated in their search, Heather follows the screams down to the basement where we briefly see Mike is standing in the corner. Suddenly, the camera is violently knocked from her hands. So, what happened? Well, based on what we heard at the beginning, and what we see at the end, we surmise that Heather is killed while Mike is standing in the corner, and he meets the same fate shortly thereafter. Who did the killing? Obviously, the Blair Witch, possibly acting through the missing Josh (though this is never confirmed). The director chose to leave the exact nature of who killed whom uncertain on purpose because, as with the rest of the movie, what we don't know/see is infinitely scarier that what we do.

12. droxford

droxford Member

The Godfather
    In the ending scenes, why did Michael kill "Stracci" and "Cunnio" (the heads of two families)? They didn't seem to have any part in the movie. (I'm thinking the book probably explained this).

The Godfather part II
    What did Hymen Roth try to have Michael killed (gunfire through the bedroom window)? I mean, after all, Michael was his intended future business partner.

And why was Michael angry with Pentangelli when he went to go visit him after the failed hit?

Star Wars
    So... The emperor lied to Vader and told him that he (Vader) had killed Padme. Years later, when Vader realized that Luke (and Leia) were alive, wouldn't he immediately think, "Hey! That emperor dude must have lied to me about Padme dying all those years ago!"?

Shawshank Redemption
    Are you trying to tell me that he dug a hole through his cell wall, covered it up with a poster, and it was never found by guards during inspections? I mean, when a guard checks a room, doesn't the guard check every inch of the floors, walls, and ceiling for tunnelling? And, after being in prison for years, they never had the prisoners change cells? Crappy, crappy movie.

13. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

One Night in Paris- Why didnt the girl ever gag?

14. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

The Big Lebowski

...what the hell happened???

15. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

you're out of your element, 3814.

16. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

What was the deal with the flashbacks when he was having sex with his wife at the end? Kind of a odd time to being thinking of terrorist.

I'm still trying to figure out the ending of 2001 Space Odyssey.

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Maude Lebowski: Does the female form make you uncomfortable, Mr. Lebowski?
    The Dude: Uh, is that what this is a picture of?
    Maude Lebowski: In a sense, yes. My art has been commended as being strongly vaginal which bothers some men. The word itself makes some men uncomfortable. Vagina.
    The Dude: Oh yeah?
    Maude Lebowski: Yes, they don't like hearing it and find it difficult to say whereas without batting an eye a man will refer to his dick or his rod or his Johnson.
    The Dude: Johnson?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Maude Lebowski: Do you like sex, Mr. Lebowski?
    The Dude: 'Scuse me?
    Maude Lebowski: Sex. The physical act of love. Coitus. Do you like it?
    The Dude: I was talking about my rug.
    Maude Lebowski: You're not interested in sex?
    The Dude: You mean coitus?

Dude! It's all summed up here!

The Dude: Yeah, well. The Dude abides.
    The Stranger: The Dude abides. I don't know about you but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' 'er easy for all us sinners. Shoosh. I sure hope he makes the finals.

18. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

In episode 2F09 of Itchy & Scratchy, when Itchy plays Scratchy's skeleton like a xylophone, he strikes the same rib twice in succession, yet he produces two clearly different tones. I mean, what are we to believe, that this is some sort of a magic xylophone or something? Boy, I really hope somebody got fired for that blunder.

And in episode BF12 of Xena, Xena was battling barbarians while riding a winged Appaloosa, yet in the very next scene she was clearly atop a winged Arabian. Please do explain it.

19. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

This says it all to the nitpickers!!!

20. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

you think too much. ;)