1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Rush: Beyond The Lighted Stage

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by jtotheb, Jun 27, 2010.

1. jtotheb

jtotheb Contributing Member

2. updawg

updawg Member

saw it in the theater and rewatched last night. it really is good. I even got my wife to watch last night and she despises Rush.

thinking about buying the bluray

3. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

saw it a couple weeks ago at the ALamo Draft house in Austin.

Very fun watch.

4. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

5. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I saw it last night. I was impressed with it and the various people being interviewed in it...including their parents. The early footage of Alex at the dinner table talking about his future was a great moment to capture in film. I didn't know alot about them starting out.

I also caught some video of them getting their star in Hollywood this past week.

Things are gearing up. Tour starts Tuesday.

6. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Also saw at the moives and again last nite I super-impressed by it again, all that old footage was priceless. On the DVD release I'm looking for more great stuff like some more of the Le Studio footage and maybe a full version of that 80 Pinkpop Le Villa Strangito.

7. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

How pathetic is it that they are NOT in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame? Absolute f**kin rubbish. How many classic albums and songs do they have to put out before the idiots on the committee think, "hey, ya know, that there Rush band is kinda deservin'..." Rush, Cheap Trick, and Alice Cooper- all 3 of these bands absolutely deserve to be in the Hall, for different reasons. But first and foremost- Rush is the #1 candidate.

1 person likes this.
  8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

It's waiting for me on my DVR. Came on Paladia over the weekend. Can't wait to watch it.

Also can't wait for 9/25 - my 7th Rush concert since 1986. Bring on Moving Pictures live!!

Went on a sabbatical as a Rush fan from 1990 to 2008, but this will be my 3rd show since 2008. I'm back with a vengeance, baby!!

9. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Really enjoyed seeing it at the theatre, sorry that I apparently missed it on TV (so soon). Great insight into the band and their history.

10. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UHsciM8V3Jo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UHsciM8V3Jo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

11. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Loved it. It wasn't quite as good a documentary as Tom Petty's Runnin' Down a Dream, but it was really, REALLY entertaining. I would've liked to see it get a little more in-depth in places even if it meant 4 hours instead of 2.5. Maybe on the DVD version.

12. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I'm surprised you saw it in the theater. It must have been a guys' night out. Telling all the wives "we're going to see the Rush documentary at the theater"...and they probably all ran for their lives. "You go ahead...I'm going to do my hair". You do that. Cya... .

Rush is my favorite band since I basically first got wind of them in the early 80s. But, I just didn't have a huge itch to see this in the theater as much as just wait for it to hit the TV or DVD. The DVD is supposed to have extra footage...so that will be interesting what that extra footage is.

As mentioned earlier, I didn't even notice they seemed to pass over Roll The Bones. I thought they also paid very little due to Grace Under Pressure when they ditched producer Terry Brown. That was supposed to be a very difficult album to make for Rush in the studio and they were not happy about the process. Yet, it wasn't really mentioned.

It was very interesting to see they got Neil speaking about the aftermath of the tragedies he endured. I wasn't expecting that...just a quick mention before they moved to the Vapor Trails comeback.

The very end where they were cutting loose at dinner and obviously drunk from all the wine was hilarious.

13. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

It's there but it's Pinkpop 79 not 80 Rushdork! :p N'ah the bonus material is great, they go into more detail the making of Hemispheres and show much more of the meal at the end of the doc, great stuff there.

14. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

A recording of the first show of the Time Machine is out there with some killer pics to go along with it, anyone see this tour getting ready for an all-timer! :eek: