1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] PROMETHEUS

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Cowboy_Bebop, Nov 26, 2011.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

All the problems I had with the movie in a quick Q & A format -- could have been a classic.

2. SK34

SK34 Member

The black dude should have stayed alive for the next movie. The captain. Why do black people always die?

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that was hilarious!

i think that space jesus theory might work based on all the christian symbolism in the movie.

4. Akim523

Akim523 Member

So God is an astronaut

5. Buck Turgidson

Your mother's an astronaut.

[​IMG]

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Just keeping it real.

7. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Wife and I hated the movie, but we did finish watching it, so it received 2 out of 5 stars. (To be fair, it was a pretty film.)

Much like that review linked above, we couldn't stand the stupidity of the characters. (Still don't understand what taking the helmets off added to the film.)

But then we watched Cabin in the Woods (5/5 stars) and everything made sense.

Cabin spoiler - seriously, don't click unless you've already seen Cabin in the Woods.
    I mean it. Don't ruin the experience.
    Obviously the sleeping gods didn't completely destroy Earth, and they must still be given sacrifices, even if on another planet. :grin:

8. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

i thought it was a good movie. raised a lot of questions. maybe the sequel will answer them.

9. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Holy **** I didn't know this thread even existed! I need to venture out of the GARM more often... :eek:

I thought this movie was fascinating, hopefully they clear up the holes in the plot with a director's cut and a sequel.

You have to look past the biblical comparisons, and the fact that it wasn't a direct prequel to Alien, and then you can really enjoy the movie. Although I must say, the convoluted evolutionary chain with that black goo is quite confusing. That needs to be explained.

10. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

11. BonziWellsGOAT

Actually liked the movie more than most.....but my assessment of the movie was under the assumtion there would be a sequel. So I obviously still think it was really good.

Btw nice job with the year old bump :)

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Do they need more human actors to tell the story? I don't feel like they do.

13. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

They need human writers. But they need a human writer who can go back in time and fix the enormous turd that Lindelhack laid on us all.

14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I liked the movie a lot as well. Although obviously frustrating, I just can't believe someone thought it was a good idea and made sense to take off your helmet and reach out to touch that evil snake looking thing. I mean as soon as I would see something like that I would run my ass far far away. And that is after those two guys were terrified and wanted to go back to the ship and stop exploring with the rest of the group.

And there are plenty of other examples. I just really like sci-filike that, meaning mixed with a little violence and horror.

15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

And also if they are making two more movies. They need to have the next one on the planet they are flying to and the last one back on the same planet since they said they have more bases.

So is the planet that they are on the same planet they go to in Aliens???

16. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Didn't really want to start a Prometheus 2 thread yet...so bumping this one.

Looks like filming for the sequel will start this fall with a release date of March 2016. Fassbender also confirmed he will be reprising his role as David(s).

17. Jontro

Jontro Member

Hated the first one... fast forwarded a bunch of it. Gave it a 2/10.

Maybe the next one will be decent.

18. Throttle

Throttle Member

i dont care abt fassbender, wat abt charlize? :grin:

19. Nero

Nero Member

Ok yeah, I would be extremely interested in how they unflattened her and brought her back to life ;)

20. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Yeah they need to make an android version of her or something. Idris too

I liked the first movie a lot I just don't understand how so many people hated it.