1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Guardians of the Galaxy

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Apr 2, 2013.

1. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

People ****ing loveeee Chris Pratt. He's in everything now.

2. Nero

Nero Member

I just watched Her again.. I didn't even realize he was in that, but he was! Any of you guys notice that? It was a classic example of 'casting against type'..

3. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Haven't seen it yet -- I want to though. He was in Zero Dark Thirty, and the main character in the Lego movie also.

4. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

Her is a very good movie. I like how Pratt's character didn't even flinch when told who his girlfriend is.

5. rcoleman15

rcoleman15 Contributing Member

New extended trailer....

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/URdfEQ47Ekw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

I like the soundtrack. CHERRY BOMB!

7. Juxtaposed Jolt

Was Groot eating part of himself? idgi.

8. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The potential for terrible was pretty high but based on some early reviews it looks like they managed to pull it off

9. Juxtaposed Jolt

Seems like everyone is loving it.

This movie might be more fun than the Avengers already. It took individual movies, along with a team-up movie, to flesh out characters and make the Avengers seem like a team. GotG seems like it does that all in one movie, which is awfully impressive.

A fresh-to-rotten ratio of 25 to 0 on RT is impressive. I'm sure there will be a few negatives, but I wasn't expecting anything close to even 90% when this movie was announced. Glad Marvel pulled it off.

10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

There will be a few of those critics whose reviews always read as if they watched the film or wrote their opinion afterward during a particularly bad flareup of their hemorrhoids. And there's always the critic who doesn't like sci-fi, or tongue-in-cheek humor, etc etc.

But 100% so far on Rotten Tomatoes? Means it won't drop too far in the next week before the film is released. Gives me ammunition to convince my wife it won't suck when I drag her to see it.

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I didn't give this movie much of a chance, but if they pulled it off, great.

12. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Often movies will only give early screenings to those critics they know will give a good review. Not to say the early reviews should be totally ignored.

13. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

<iframe src="http://widgets.ign.com/video/embed/content.html?url=http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/07/24/guardians-of-the-galaxy-video-review" width="468" height="263" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

A co-worker of mine saw the premiere last night (I helped him get tickets); said it was epic and couldn't stop gushing about it. He's not the type to see movies twice and he said he's going again opening night just to see the after credit scene.

I've been waiting for this since they first announced it, I think Gunn is an awesome director and I'm glad he's finally made "that" picture. Going to see a preview at the Edwards on I10 Tuesday.

15. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

It is getting great reviews so far, I can't wait to see it on Thursday night.

16. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Going to see it tonight, I will be sure to spoilerize it for everyone afterwards. ;)

17. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

18. VanityHalfBlack

Waiting on Seclusion's take on this. Won't see it until he gives the final word.

19. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Big risk by Marvel but looks like it's going to pay off. Movie looks good & has a fresh rating.

It'll be must see for me.

20. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

I want to see what Ja Rule has to say about it before I decide anything.