1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Guardians of the Galaxy

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Apr 2, 2013.

1. VanityHalfBlack

Looks like a fun romp. This summer is going to be one to remember if it can live up to the HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

We'll all celebrate if that turns out to be the case.

3. Rocketboi

Rocketboi Member

Imo ironman 3 was better than the original

4. VanityHalfBlack

99.9 % of the people disagree with you. How is Iron man 3 better than the original??:eek:

5. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

i've heard several people say they liked 3 the best, i liked 2 the best tho

6. VanityHalfBlack

You like 2 the best? 2 is the worst in the trilogy, lol.

7. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

really like sam rockwell, introduction of black widow and nick fury was cool and war machine was awesome

and people tell me 2 was the worst all the time, but i like what i like, besides i think 2 is also my kids favorite

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

That looked pretty good. I'm surprised.

Also re: Iron Man - the first was easily the best, the second was a textbook example of a terrible sequel, and the third was pretty good.

9. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

Except for Captain America. That movie was trash

10. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

What's with the comedy zany stuff? It won't work. :eek:

11. delishman

delishman Member

Yeah, not too keen on that. The ceiling for zany movies is way lower.

12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I'll have to disagree with those of you trashing this trailer/movie.

At last, something with originality to go with special effects.

These movies can sink or swim, but unless it gets a bunch of "Man of Steel"-type reviews prior to release, I'm in. Looks cool.

Can't help it.

13. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Rocket Raccoon is one of my favorite comic book heroes, ever (even though I'm a DC fanboy). I love playing him in Marvel Heroes, as Groot is his pet in the game. He spawns Groot, and Groot wrecks ****.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/I4o51RfXH_I?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I think they didn't show a lot in the trailer and I'm okay with that. I'm still really excited for the movie.

15. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

This thread has good information, but for anyone wanting to know more about Guardians this is a good start:

http://io9.com/everything-you-need-to-know-about-that-guardians-of-the-1525743960

16. BonziWellsGOAT

Sam Rockwell is the man. If you havent seen Moon, I really suggest you watch it. Simple but powerful and entertaining film. Its pretty much just Sam Rockwell on screen by himself (sort of)

17. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Very good movie, and agree Sam Rockwell is one of my favorites.

18. BonziWellsGOAT

Pretty definative statement for a movie you haven't seen and hasn't even come out yet. Give it a chance then make an assessment.

Plus The Guardians of the Galaxy is supposed to have a lighthearted/funny sort of tone.

19. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

That's Bert Macklin, you son of a b****!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/NGPtOqgDk34?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Obviously you've never read a Guardians comic book.

20. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

For everyone dismissing the movie, like I said I feel that you're only seeing a very small portion of the film. I'd venture that this portion where they're in prison is probably the very beginning or middle of the movie, because at some point they become good guys. Also...I saw someone say this isn't really a superhero movie, and I guess that's fair. With that said Drax is pretty powerful in the comics, as well as Groot. Gamora is called "the most dangerous woman in the universe", Star Lord has artifact weapons, and Rocket Raccoon is still generally considered the real star of the show (small animal with a big mouth and big guns). So what really defines a superhero? Anyway, Iron Man is on the latest team (I was hoping he'd have some sort of cameo here) and I think that gives this movie a chance to tie in to the Avengers (never mind the Infinity Gems, and Thanos which are obvious tie ins).

I don't know why anyone is complaining about the comedic aspects, none of the Marvel movies have taken themselves too seriously and it's worked so far. There's a talking raccoon remember?

(Side note: We haven't even heard Rocket, Groot, Drax, or Gamora speak.)

If you want reference James Gunn (the director) directed a movie called Super. I thought it was funny / interesting. I can definitely see where this movie has a chance to miss, so don't get me wrong. I'm just very optimistic because the base material (the comics) is so good, I also think that the director actually cares about that and hopefully it will show in the final result.

#80 seclusion, Feb 19, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2014