1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Movie] "Ghostbusters" Reboot - All female cast

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dback816, Jan 27, 2015.

1. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Wow. That is *so* much better. What the hell happened in the cutting room for the original trailer?

2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

My point was about a strong female lead, this movie right here just seems to ride every female and racial cliché possible. And then you have some idiotic feminists bashing everyone that doesn't like the trailers and claiming it's because of having female leads. F no, people are just tired of incredibly simplistic and cheap characters/humor.

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The first trailer had a few cringe moments, and the second trailer was well done in my opinion.

It's hard to argue over what should be deemed funny or not, since the jokes in a trailer are without context and also since it comes down to taste in the end.

I absolutely believe some guys are predisposed to disliking this movie because of a female cast, and that will influence whether the jokes land for them or not.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I respect feminists but some of their issues go way overboard.

I try to ignore those.

I will not go and see it in theaters because IMO it won't be a good movie.

Probably going to watch it on the computer. ;)

5. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

What's much better about the second trailer? Maybe it's not as cringey as the first one, but it's showed it's much less original and basically a replicate of the first with opposite sexes. Still looks like crap.

6. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Well yes. This trailer shows an unoriginal band movie with maybe a couple of funny moments.

However the original trailer showed a terrible movie with many really akward moments

If I only saw this second trailer I might watch this movie when it is on tv. But having see the first trailer I am not watching this movie ever.

1 person likes this.
  7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

If you give this movie any money you should be too embarrassed to let other people know. For one, it makes you a sucker for something with little innovation, rehashed and pulled out of the oven for the sake of a gender tag. I think its sexist to for the motive to involve having an all female cast on a movie that already very successful in its own right.

Star Wars and MadMax were the last two movies I actually gave hollywood any $$ for. **** their rehashed scripts and superhero 1,2,...x.

1 person likes this.
  8. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

interesting...

9. what

what Member

[​IMG]

10. Pete the Cheat

The mole people of your civilization will have their time. A pox on the sunshine world and their hubris. Their day of recconing will come Mole King

1 person likes this.
  11. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Well done.

12. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

You guys seem like fun people to hang out with...

13. SunsRocketsfan

what are you guys talking about? that 2nd trailer looks just as crappy and cringe worthy as the first. It's just trying too hard to be funny it's so lame...

Clear front runner for this years Razzies

14. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

These spots in the finals with Kobe, Porzingas, Melo and Frazier are pretty fun.

15. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<iframe src="https://streamable.com/e/g1i9" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen scrolling="no"></iframe>

16. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Champion for women's rights, feel free to verify my D&D posting.... :grin:

17. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I hated this movie even before we were bombarded with Kobe ads during the Finals. Now I doubly hate this film. I hope it crashes and burns in an epic way and Hollywood learns a lesson.

18. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

It will
    they won't.

19. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As a feminist, extremist feminists like these and all the Rose McGo-whoever the fudge are just giving Trumpites more reason to hate feminists. The PC nature of the group is suicide.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member