1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Francis Ford Coppola’s Megalopolis

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, May 14, 2024.

1. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

We had our first look at the film the other week in a clip, but now an official first trailer is out for filmmaker Francis Ford Coppola’s epic “Megalopolis”.

The clip was released through Coppola’s own YouTube channel and comes ahead of the film’s world premiere at the Cannes Film Festival in the next few days.

Coppola has credited the H.G. Wells-penned 1936 film “Things to Come” as his first inspiration for this $120 million-budgeted drama.

In the film, the fate of Rome haunts a modern world unable to solve its own social problems in this story of a New York woman which is divided between loyalties to her father, who has a classical view of society, and her lover, who is more progressive and ready for the future.

The cast includes Adam Driver, Giancarlo Esposito, Aubrey Plaza, Shia LaBeouf, Nathalie Emmanuel, Kathryn Hunter, Dustin Hoffman, Jason Schwartzman, Jon Voight, Laurence Fishburne, Chloe Fineman and James Remar.

Coppola wrote the script and is himself financing the long-gestating project which has set multiple European distributors but has yet to lock various other territories.

https://www.darkhorizons.com/first-trailer-coppolas-megalopolis/

DFWRocket, Invisible Fan and Rashmon like this.
  2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Matrixopolis

…I’m in

3. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is one of those movies that looks like it will be interesting regardless of whether or not it is good. In those instances, I try to go into the movie as blind as possible. I read that article above and watched that trailer, but I'm gonna try and go dark on this from here on out and see what I think going in with almost no expectations.