1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Fast and Furious 5: Fast Five

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Dec 15, 2010.

1. noize

noize Contributing Member

Exactly. I thought it was a breath of fresh air. The drifting was a great concept compared to the usual street race. It was different for sure but is effective. It seems only hardcore Walker/Diesel fan thought it sucked. Most importantly for me, this is Han's most critical role to date.

2. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

fwiw, for the Tokyo Drift fans, Nathalie Kelley was in Bruno Mars' "Just the Way You Are" video, and still smokin hot.....

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

I was hoping she would be in Fast Five. She is beautiful!

I loved this movie, it looked even better in IMAX. I did not expect that ending at all. Cant wait for FF6

4. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Saw the movie over the weekend and man was it bad. It had a few good moments but overall just a really bad movie. Women were nice to look at though.

5. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Saw it last night

Lots of fun actions scenes and hot women but also a ton of cheesy moments, overall pretty fenjoyable

6. Showtyme11

Showtyme11 Member

The Rock "you know I like my dessert first"
    "now the veggies"

7. Asian Sensation

I thought it was funny how they had Vin Diesel appear to be the same height as The Rock in the scenes they were in together. The Rock is a legit 6'4 and Diesel is like 5'11.

8. CheezeyBoy22

Supporting Member

I thought Vin Diesel was like 6'2''?

9. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

the rock is bigger and younger than deisel, shame seeing him losing that fight

10. Rox_fan_here

Rox_fan_here Contributing Member

You need to spoiler that bro. The Rock being brought on is what made me curious to see this movie and he did not disappoint. I really enjoyed the hell out of it and it was the perfect brainless summer action flick. Like an Oceans 11 jacked up on steroids. Most of the action scenes and plot were ludacris, no pun intended, but isn't that exactly what the series has been based on the from the get go.

I was waiting for that fight from the beginning and as I watched the Rock destroy everything in his path I was thinking I hope they aren't planning to let the older, smaller, less athletic Dom beat this animal. I expected it to be a great fight (which it was) but IMO the result was one of the most unbelievable parts of the movie (and that is saying alot).

#110 Rox_fan_here, May 9, 2011
    Last edited: May 9, 2011
  11. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Diesel is 5'7, tops.

12. CheezeyBoy22

Supporting Member

nah... He's listed as 6ft.

13. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

Saw it tonight, thought it was alright, better than last few but not as good as first one in my opinion.

I did stick around for after the credits to see Eva Mendes. Worth it.

Loved the Rock runnin down an alley in the Favelas and hittin two dudes with a double clothesline. Also loved his cheesy ass lines.

Is it me or does Tyrese get the WORST lines in every Fast & Furious movie? Horrible.

Oh and did anyone spot my friend:

[​IMG]

Couldn't stop laughing the whole movie, looked over at my other friend who also watches P&R and kept doin the "Ya Heard" sign.

14. ashiin

ashiin Member

Great movie! It was dramatic, funny (god I can't get enough of that grenade scene), the girls were smoking hot and it's nice to see some great cars in the movie.

Now I'm just going to wait for a gif of the rock in that scene where the rookie cop (so hot) was telling him everything didn't add up.

15. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

You gonna single Paul out when no one in the entire movie could act for ****?
    It was an AWESOMELY FUN movie and I would pay cash money to see it in the cinema again.

The addition of The Rock was brilliant and he was able to add to the no acting ability of the entire cast.
    Vin obviously takes the cake because his acting is beyond turrible and to the person who said Tyrese had the worst lines, I dunno bout that.
    Vin had horrendously cheesy lines and everytime he said something I cracked up.

AWESOME movie.

16. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Most of the lines were beyond cheesy, but I absolutely loved the movie.

Han was great as always.

17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Not bad, good action. i'd love to see them upgrade the acting around the main characters because that does become a distraction at times. Tyrese needs to go. ......the cheesy lines too. It was longer than it needed to be as well. I also would have liked to have seen the "twist" in the ending play out in real time instead of a flashback.

18. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

I heard it's all platforms. He's really barely taller than Salma Hayek, who is 5'2".