1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Deadpool

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He was a mercenary before he had the healing factor. He already had the skills and all they really did was heighten his already impressive physical abilities....and his insanity.

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

ah, ok

3. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Yeah def seeing this one in the theaters just to support this type of movie.

Maybe this will get DC to make an R rated Lobo movie

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

So he's still a mutant, right? In this movie.

5. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Yeah, he'll be considered a mutant. If you think about it technically he isn't a mutant in the comics either since he was given his healing factor through Weapon X.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well he IS a mutant, but not a natural mutant. Think of it like Spiderman. Not born a mutant, but ended up becoming one due to an accident....the difference is that in Wade Wilson's case, it was intentional.

7. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Who's the female with Colossus? I dropped out of comics just about the time Deadpool came around so I am loving seeing this for the first time.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

She goes by Negasonic Teenage Warhead, real name Ellie Phimister. Her real powers were some telepathy and precognition....but from what I've heard, they are throwing that out of the window for this movie and giving her better (more explosive) powers to better fit her mutant name.

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He is the girl who punched Colossus?

10. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Don't know much about the Deadpool character, but I like what I have seen. I am a Ryan Reynolds fan, so I think I will enjoy this. I love what they are doing with Collossus. Was never a fan of any of his variations in the X-Men movies, and this one looks true to form.

Deadpool seems like a character who fits in less with ensemble teams like X-Men or Avengers, but would do well in a tandem type movie based on physical combat, rather than some of the other extreme mutant abiliities. Would love to see this version of Deadpool and say Wolverine in a flick with the villian being Omega Red.

[​IMG]

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The chick that punched Colossus was a character called Angel Dust played by Gina Carano. She's basically a character that gets stronger the more pissed off she gets or the more her adrenaline is pumping. Think of her like a poor man's Hulk.

12. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

I think they had Cannonball in an early draft of the script, but when they decided against including him they kinda merged his powers into the Warhead character.

My question is still is Morena Baccarin's character going to be
    Copycat? She's listed as such on IMDB, but so far there's been very little (maybe a hint in the latest trailer) to indicate that she's going to be more than the typical love interest/damsel in distress

13. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

It's Copy Cat, but I don't know if she'll exhibit powers in the movie. She's supposed to be a "super strong female character" according to the director.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It'll be before she changes, but I've heard she won't be a "damsel in distress"

15. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I hope if they do a sequel that Cable is in it.

I loved those Cable & Deadpool comics

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

They already gave the green light to a sequel. Originally they were going to do a sequel to the new fantastic 4 reboot, but it was canceled and they said they were so impressed by what they had seen from the Deadpool movie that hadn't even been finished yet that they'd rather fund a Deadpool sequel.

17. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Cable will be in Deadpool 2. They wanted him in this one, but they wanted to establish DP first.

18. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

A New Mutant? That was one of my faves outside of the X-Men along with Alpha Flight, back in the day.

19. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

I typically don't like Ryan Reynolds but he was made for the role of Deadpool. Can't wait.

20. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Who is this budget Chris Pratt playing Deadpool? Anyway, looks like Kick-Ass for the Gen Xers. meh.