1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Deadpool

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Interesting. Can't yet tell if it will be awesome or terrible, but it still has my interest.

2. Indaface

Indaface Member

also could potentially be awesomely terrible

3. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Ryan Reynolds made a joke about Green Lantern last night on Conan. I think he was talking in regards to that one guy who did the "in a world where..." commercial stuff. He said something about a Green Lantern sequel with him and his wife that was coming out (not really) called "Green Lantern 2: OGNA"...as in "Oh God Not Again". It seems he was acknowledging the shortcomings of the movie they made and how a sequel was a no-go. He also debuted the "Deadpool" trailer. I wasn't sure if I was watching the same one as the one that debuted at Comic Con. I think it was. I'm still torn as to whether I care for this comic book character. If I had a history with the comic, then I'm sure I would care. But, I don't so I have to rely on what I see versus read on this one. While it was pointed out it's supposed to be "cheesy", I'm wondering if it isn't also bordering on "goofy" as in too goofy for my tastes. The only way to know I guess is to see it. But, it may be a rental.

4. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

They trash Green Lantern throughout the movie. It's mentioned heavily in the article I linked. It likely will end up being a deleted scene on the bluray, but there's a scene where Deadpool pretty much goes on a huge rant about Green Lantern with Colossus. He also makes a quip in the trailer about making sure the costume isn't 'green or animated'.

It's supposed to be goofy...I can't speak for your taste.

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

As terrible as Reynold's movies have been, it feels like this is his last shot at being a legit actor.

That being said, I think this film could do it for him; trailer looked pretty good. He took shots at Green Lantern in the trailer which I thought was pretty funny

6. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I think you mean an A-List type actor that doesn't have to do a sharknado every year to pay the bills, right?

I disagree- the guy is funny, smart and handsome. Deadpool will be a hit, mark my words, but even if it wasn't he could still do romcoms and co-star in movies where he's not the main draw.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

Wasn't this the dude trying to sharpshoot batman in the videogame? I though he was a bad guy.

8. marky :)

marky :) Member

Legit actor as in winning an Oscar legit?

Hate or love him, Reynolds can always find big roles in future movies. The dude made a career out of doing rom-coms.

9. conquistador#11

i don't find reynolds extremely funny at all, but his movies are still very enjoyable.
    top reynolds movie for me:
    1. definitely, maybe
    2. buried
    3. adventureland
    4. the voices
    hope deadpool becomes number one.

10. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

You're thinking of Deathstroke, the DC comics character that Deadpool creater Rob Liefeld, uh... was HEAVILY INSPIRED by:

[​IMG]

Liefeld is well-known for his many ripoff character creations. Here are some of his greatest hits. How he was never sued for this stuff, I'm not totally sure. Images are huge:

[​IMG]
    The incredible "Smash!" (yes, really)

[​IMG]
    The wonderful "Glory!"

[​IMG]

"Roman" is literally just ****ing Namor spelled backwards. Wow.

[​IMG]
    Warwolf. Didn't even bother changing the costume.

[​IMG]
    And who could forget the legendary "Fighting American!"

11. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Could've been Deathstroke (who was in Arkham Origins), but he's probably thinking of Deadshot (who was in Arkham City and Origins).

12. val_modus

val_modus Member

Since we're on the topic of Green Lantern...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XQCc8JchYk4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/KingPatel/news/?a=123762

14. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I'm kind of shocked no one has posted this yet. Red band trailer 2 (NSFW). This movie looks more and more awesome every time they release new information.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MYGJRlCiHwA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

I don't see a lot of movies in theaters, but this will be for sure. Thanks for posting the trailer here

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Seriously? Marvel (Fox) is doing this?

"Unconventional" doesn't quite go far enough to describe that.

17. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

They need to fire Bryan Singer and have Tim Miller make the X-Men movies from now on.

18. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Um, wow.
    That's pretty interesting and nasty.

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

It looks good but how did he get all those skills?

I didn't see any training

20. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Can you not just wait to see the training montage in the movie? Does in need to be in the trailer? Keep in mind that it might be the best part.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/v81osfu1K0o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>