1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Deadpool

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

In the movie the oxygen deprivation deformed him not cancer.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It just triggered his mutation, part of that mutation was the crazy cancer and the healing factor.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He once grew back an entire body from having just a hand remaining.

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

But isn't his cancer in his body, not his head? Or maybe it's just a big F U by his mutant regeneration. Anything but the face.

5. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Doesn't really answer the question. If the rest of his body is destroyed I buy his hand growing back everything else. If you just sliced his head off and flew it away on the xmen sr71 do you get two deadpools?

6. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Just the one. You'd think it would work the other way around though. He's regrown a body from having his head severed off.

7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Did I ever tell you about the time I went horseback riding with Deadpool, but there weren’t any horses around? Well, Deadpool throws a saddle on my back and rides me around Wyoming for three days. Well, wouldn’t you know it, my stamina increases with each day and I develop tremendous leg muscles. So anyway, Deadpool decides to enter me in the Breeders’ Cup, right, under the name Turkish Delight. And I’m running in second place, and I’m running and I break my ankle! They’re about to shoot me. Then someone from the crowd yells out, God bless him, ‘Don’t shoot him, he’s a human.'

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Finally saw it; was pretty awesome. Great ending credit scenes and it was very funny as well. Felt like it was too short though. Morena Baccarin is pretty hot and Reynolds was born to play that character.

The movie goofed; when Deadpool is escaping from the suffocation chamber, he lights a match which ignites the oxygen which blows the tank up, thus releasing him. The problem is that Oxygen alone is not flammable, so without a fuel source this would not work. In addition, the low oxygen in the chamber would likely keep the match from ever lighting

Fun fact: As of tuesday, it was the 24th highest grossing rated R movie of all time

9. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

it was okay definitely worth it, some parts were pretty funny. there was a guy sitting in front me that thought every friggin thing deadpool did and said was hilarious. :rolleyes: the thing i liked about the most was his girlfriend. damn she was smoking hot

10. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Udmek2zsURo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It was FLAT OUT AMAZING.

5 of 5 stars, one of the funniest movies ever.

DD

12. boozle222

boozle222 Contributing Member

Are you talking about Deadpool? I knew Deadpool!

13. faraza84

faraza84 Member

10/10. Wish wolverine had a cameo. Don't know how it would work with all the 4th wall breaking but hopefully they can add the jackman cameo, I can see their chemistry being great and hilarious especially if it worked with the girl and colossus

14. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I think I may be the only person who didn't enjoy this as much as everyone else. I'd give it a 7/10. The whole plot just seemed silly to me. Like, they couldn't come up with something better? Was Collosus always a p***y? I did enjoy the Deadpool character because it strays away from your typical superhero. I will watch the sequel though mainly for the character that was announced post credits.

15. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Yeah, Colossus is a total P in the comics too. Is the character mentioned in the post-credits related to Colossus? I ask bc he looks similar to him, same armor plating etc; I dropped out of comics about the time Gambit and Deadpool showed up so all of this Marvel Universe is new to me..

Saw it yesterday with my 15yr old daughter who loved it. I thought it was good but not great...

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I felt like it was a good movie because it was a different kind of superhero movie, as opposed to being an actual good movie.

I was indifferent to the R rating but now I see the light. There's something to it. Hopefully Wolverine gets the anticipated R rating.

As far as the humor... I don't know. The brand of humor was creative but the execution hardly had me rolling. Hateful 8 on the other hand - that movie had my chuckling nonstop.

17. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I wouldn't call Colossus a p**sy, he's just a good two shoes. They obviously picked him because that personality type clashes so much with Deadpools personality.

And Cable was the guy in the post credits, he's really nothing like Collossus but he does have some cybernetic additions. More than simple additions actually, but it's kind of complicated. Him and Deadpool had a comic together for a few years that was very popular.

18. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Yeah they actually became really good friends surprisingly.

So the first movie was about love will the second be centered around bromance?

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

On it's way to being the highest grossing rated R movie of all time if it hasn't already

20. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I'm glad it's doing so well.

Deadpool is excessively R rated with all of the sexual situations and jokes. It works for that movie, but it's not something I want (or expect) from other movies. But the violence/language really isn't a big deal. For whatever reason, studios don't even try to do big time R rated movies.

Terminator 2 back in the day was a massive success. It was R-rated, but I wouldn't hesitate to take my son/daughter to see it. Titanic was another movie very close to an R rating, and it was the most successful movie ever at the time. You can give movies an edge without it being gratuitous. The parents who want to shield kids from everything are in the minority. Not every movie needs that(the marvel series and Star Wars are perfectly fine PG-13), but some movies call for it, and are held back by not having it. The whole X-Men series would have been better off R rated.

Although Deadpool isn't a movie I would take my kids to see, but it isn't because of the violence. I hope other movies get the R rating, but I also hope we don't get gratuitous clones. Violence for the sake of violence isn't something I want either.