1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Movie Cliches You're Tired Of

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Lil Pun, Feb 16, 2009.

Tags:
  1. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

You wanna know how I got these FAILs?
    [​IMG]
    :D
    Mexican movies have the cars and trucks even exploding in MID AIR with nothing touching them :p
    Yes. Como Agua Para Chocolate...

... nahhhh, I'm kiddin', they said "¡Vamonos!" in Spanish. ;)

2. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

You should watch the last 15 minutes of Rikki-O (Story of Ricky), that's how you dispatch villains. Or do it Dragonball Z style.

3. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

The hero cop or agent pulls off a miracle stunt and saves lots of lives but injures ONE person in the process....the cliche paper-pusher captain or watever chews out the hero for pulling the stunt and claiming "DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY LIVES YOU RISKED?!?!?!?!!??!". Then the hero gets suspended or kicked out.

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Possibly "Silent Movie"

5. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I can't stand "I can't live without you" lines.

I hated it when heroes/villains/monsters/murderers come back to life, miraclously, especially in horror movies or comic book films. Why can't they just stay dead and move on to other characters or not make any more movies.

Dumb question = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ = sequels

6. Christopher

Christopher Member

Anything from Die Hard 4.

7. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Holy crap, I have seen Rikki -O, that movie is insane, especially when that big swoll dude uses his own intestines to try to choke Rikki with them....that's japanese though...there movies usually are way out there.

8. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

That's actually the VHS cover. :eek:

9. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

I know this doesn't apply for Windtalkers, but that's what the foreigners get for shooting lousy AK-47's instead of accurate M1A's or AR-15's.

10. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

"Commando" is an even better example. :D

11. luckystrikes

luckystrikes Member

I've come to hate the recent trend of people setting off bombs while they walk away in slow motion. So freaking stupid.

12. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I forget which movie, how the wimpy kid getting bullied just keeps on taking it and taking it for 1.5 hours of the movie or 12 straight months in movie time. Starts each day getting his punishment without ever doing ANYTHING. Its like, carry a baseball bat or knife around with you or something fella, send back a retaliation message. Its a movie, cliche vigilante justice actually HELPS the plot this time.

Not tired of any movie cliche really, cuz oddly even with the cliches some movies are still riveting and suspenseful, I dont know how that happens. But some are more annoying than others like the "Houston we have a problem" line

13. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

"carpet bullet shooting" - the special effect where the hero runs in a straight path and all the bullets from the villain spray the ground just inches short of the hero's feet. Where the hell are they aiming, his butt crack?

Another one I hate is the suspense movie where a character enters the house and never locks the door or turns on the lights. Nope he just walks around in the dark, opens the fridge, grabs a beer and gets massacred from behind.

14. farrisdabis

farrisdabis Member

This really isn't a movie cliche, but something that really annoyed me. I was watching Jurassic Park III earlier today and during the scene where the kid rescues Alan Grant and takes him into the water truck to hide from the raptors, THEY NEVER CLOSE THE DOOR TO FREAKING WATER TRUCK. I'm sitting there waiting for them to close the door, but they're just eating and talking very happily when there are thousands of blood-thirsty dinosaurs roaming around the jungle looking for some humans to munch on.

15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I watched The Rock for the first time yesterday on TNT.

Pretty much every scene of that flick could qualify.

16. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

Not ****. I run like a b**** when lighting off firecrackers. lol

17. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

How about YOU NEVER SEE A GUY WITHOUT A SHIRT get shot on the upper body (chest, abdomen, back, etc.) :D

How come all foreigner actors (Van Damaadame, Schwarzeneghalegheregerneger, Dolph Lundragogren, etc.) can't imitate our English, but yet we can all imitate THEIR accents? :confused:

18. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Action Movies....Hero listening to last words of dying friend in the middle of a combat scene only to go on a vengeance after dude dies. Either have a complete meltdown or man up and keep fighting.

Romantic Comedies....There being absolutely no reason for a guy to love the high maintenance girl or vice versa.

Sci Fi....noise in space. Firefly did it right only to have Serenity add it in because audiences are too dumb to understand you can't hear the death star explode. Or maybe what you are hearing is just a ripple in the force.

SciFi/Fantasy...people from backwards towns/planets having the most powerful abilities. Star Wars would have been much cooler if Han Solo found out Vader was his father.

Vampire Movies....the whole vampire with a soul thing is a little played.

Movies in general...The smart kid. There are way too many mature/smart kids in movies today.

Fantasy Movie for Kids...the baddest monster out there can't take on a kid, his somewhat dumber sidekick, and much smarter female friend.

19. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Contributing Member

I think that happened in a Van Damme movie once. Van Damme was killed in the first 10 minutes or so and was replaced by Van Damme as the "estranged twin brother".

20. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Any Nicolas Cage movie where he uses the most absurd clues (a bunch of random numbers) to find treasure or some sort of secret.

"THESE NUMBERS 653 3452 124, 3515, 325, 1, THEY MEAN SOMETHING I KNOW IT, CATASTROPHE IS IMMINENT, GET OUT NOW!"