1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Movie Cliches You're Tired Of

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Lil Pun, Feb 16, 2009.

Tags:
  1. gwatson86

gwatson86 Contributing Member

Also Hero with Jet Li.

2. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Braveheart did that way before those movies.

3. Kyakko

Kyakko Contributing Member

this sorta happened with Executive Decision. I thought steven seagal was going to get on the plane and kick arse. but he dies pretty fast.

4. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Y'know this actually works in reverse compared to Saw movies (Jigsaw's traps). He reveals the intricate nature of his contraptions, yet most never survive them and if they do it is usually at a great bodily harm price.

I wonder how that would work, if one of the characters were James Bond or Batman.

5. gwatson86

gwatson86 Contributing Member

Fair enough, but we were talking about the recent spurt of Chinese films with that in it.

6. Rox_fan_here

Rox_fan_here Contributing Member

Have you ever seen Deep Blue Sea?

That scene is one I won't forget for a while, it was totally unexpected. :)

7. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

Never seen it, but I would imagine most people would be pleasantly relieved to find that Steven Seagal had an early exit.

8. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

The 'brave' soldier tries to distract the enemy by grabbing two machine guns and rushing them, shooting and screaming, knowing he will die.
    His best mate is screaming 'Noooo!' in slow motion for him to come back but gets pulled away by the other retreating soldiers.
    He is able to take 500 rounds (but none to the face) while his body convulses dramatically before he drops to the ground and leans on the machine gun, dying while still kneeling up.

For Asian movies, replace machine gun with sword and 500 rounds with 500 arrows.

9. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

And then a new, unbilled star comes in unexpectedly to act the part of the hero for the rest of the movie.

I.e. Bruce Willis is in all the previews, on the movie posters, etc.. But he dies 15 mins into it and then Kurt Russell comes in and becomes the real hero.

They would never be able to keep it under wraps, though. The news would leak.

10. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

Explosions where only the bad guys get hurt and the good guys shake it off, not to mention no one's hearing is affected. Same goes for long falls.

The gun chase. When two guys are fighting and they're both trying to get that one gun or they're both trying to get their own gun that was lost in the fight. The good guy always gets his gun first and BAM!!!

11. fmullegun

fmullegun Contributing Member

that was the biggest rip ever though. He was all over the movie posters and promoting it then you get in there and he is dead in 5 minutes. He was actually decent back then (plus I was a kid and didn't know any better)

12. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

Yea, I was thinking the main obstacle would be leaks.

Also, it would only have the intended effect if there was only one "star" in the movie. For instance, you can't have Bruce Willis die and then have Tom Cruise become the focus. You only get the full "wtf?" shock effect if Bruce Willis dies (after being advertised on all the previews/posters), and then have a cast of no-names take over.

13. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

In action or horror movies, the protagonist hits the bad guy/monster one time and walks off thinking they won or killed him, and the bad guy/monster rises out of nowhere and continues to fight...for once i'd like to see them finish the bad guy buy shooting them 15 times, getting an axe and chopping them into bits and peices, than throw their body parts into a grinder....if those kids would have done that on the new Friday 13th movie instead of just throwing jason into the water, he woudln't have came back and killed that girl in the end...stupid, especially someone like Jason, i would have had a field day with him once he was down, slice him up into peices and feed him to hungry ass pitbulls...lol....or on Lakeview Terrace, Samuel jackson gets hit in the head a few times and the protagonist runs off to check on his wife/gf.....sam jackson comes back and points his gun at him...even if u didn't want to kill him, i would have shot him plenty of times in the leg and arm and than take a bat and mash his face in.

14. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Would also love to see a movie where the killer is torturing vicitms and he gets the same type of tortue in the end by the protagonist....instead of the protagonish being happy with getting away and saving them selves.

15. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Be sure to use spoilers next time.....

16. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

The girl is running away from some killer. He catches up to her and she manages to grab something (like a pot) and wallops him upside the head. He gets dazed, she runs away, he recovers, catches and kills her.
    Why the eff she didn't just keep on beating him ass with the pot? :mad:

17. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

ooops sorry...is there a way to edit my post? I guess i dont think of other sometimes..

18. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

my point... lol

19. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

Has anyone EVER seen a film where the line "let's get outta here" wasn't uttered?

20. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Featured quite prominently on this movie poster...right up front....is a character played by a typical leading actress...who dies in the first 5 minutes of the movie.
    [​IMG]