1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Captain America 3

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Apr 7, 2014.

1. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

You aren't missing anything. Seen the commercials? Then you've already seen the climax, and the ending. (I'm serious)

2. 713

713 Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/BQnejVZLQ6w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. Juxtaposed Jolt

^Cap/Torch, Venom, Falcon, Mr. Fantastic and Star-Lord's tv wife all in the same movie?

The star power is strong in this one. And is it me, or does Michelle Monaghan just get hotter with time?

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Basically any movie you watch has 3+ superheroes in it nowadays. I don't want to see anyone posting Chris Evans trailers. I thought he was crying about his Marvel contract saying he was retiring from acting? So retire, then. Stop doing movies you aren't contractually obligated to do.

5. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Looks like Baron Zemo will be in the movie and will be played by Daniel Bruhl.

For anyone that saw the movie Rush he was the rival opposite to Chris Hemsworth character and he was really good.

I could easily see him being Zemo he is going to kill it. Can't wait for this movie

6. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I always liked Baron Zemo has a villain.

7. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I used to read the Thunderbolts comics pretty regularly back in the days. He was good and cold blooded as their leader. Could be a good chance to introduce Moonstone as well for a future nemesis for Captain Marvel.

8. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I never read the old Thunderbolts, but the recent run they had with Deadpool, Red Hulk, Venom, Elektra, and Punisher was badass.

9. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

That lineup sounds like Marvel's version of the Suicide Squad. I might have to check that out if I ever turn on my Marvel online subscription again.

10. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Pretty much. They should all be there, that's how I read them. :)

11. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

FIRST CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR FOOTAGE SHOWN

Marvel Studios presented Disney fans at Saturday's D23 Expo with an exclusive preview of their first Phase 3 movie, Captain America: Civil War. Producer and Marvel Studios boss Kevin Feige was joined onstage by cast members Chris Evans and Anthony Mackie to promote the highly anticipated superhero epic.

The footage opens with Captain America, Black Widow, and Falcon dealing with Crossbones as the villain attempts to blow up a truck. During the fight, Crossbones tosses a magnetic explosive at Cap’s shield, and the hero throws it into the air so that the explosion avoids the crowd.

<iframe src="http://widgets.ign.com/video/embed/content.html?url=http://www.ign.com/videos/2015/08/16/captain-america-civil-war-chris-evans-and-anthony-mackie-interview-d23-2015" width="468" height="263" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Crossbones removes his mask and reveals his scarred face, turning to Cap and saying, "He remembered you, you know. Your little pal Bucky." The footage then cut to the scene from the credits of Ant-Man, where Cap and Falcon are talking to Bucky. Bucky tells Cap that he remembers his mom’s name was Sarah, and that he used to stuff newspapers in his shoes. Cap smiles, knowing that some trace of his old friend is still in there.

We then see General Ross (William Hurt, reprising his role from Edward Norton’s Incredible Hulk) telling Cap how the country owes him an impossible debt, but that for some he's not a hero now but a vigilante. Cut to shots of Cap and Tony Stark talking about what comes next. Tony talks about how they're operating with oversight so how does that make them different from villains? "That's what this is about to you? Protection?" says Cap. While continuing to argue, Iron Man tells Cap, "Sometimes I want to punch you in your perfect teeth."

<iframe src="http://widgets.ign.com/video/embed/content.html?url=http://www.ign.com/videos/2015/08/17/marvel-studios-presentation-b-roll-d23-2015" width="468" height="263" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The footage then rolls into quick shots of the heroes delivering some pretty great lines. "In this job, you try to save everybody you can. Sometimes that doesn't mean everybody," say a stoic Captain America. We see a quick shot of Black Panther, but no sign of Spider-Man. Black Widow and Hawkeye, caught on opposite sides of the Civil War, are about to fight. "We're still friends right?" Black Widow asks. "Depends on how hard you hit me," Hawkeye replies.

The footage ended with Hawkeye opening a van, revealing Paul Rudd's Ant-Man. He's absolutely starstruck by Captain America. He's shaking as he meets him, and fumbles the greeting. "You know a lot of super people, so thinks for thanking of me."

Captain America: Civil War opens in theaters on May 6, 2016.

Fan made cast pic:
    [​IMG]

#91 Xerobull, Aug 17, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
  12. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rSRk5_9UREc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

^Is that a trailer? Can't see embedded videos. Can you paste the link?

14. Xerobull

15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

people are saying it's fake on youtube.

16. Xerobull

Concept art showing allegiances (spoilered for size):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

To be fair, Captain America is pretty much the corniest mainstream superhero imaginable. Slightly more corny than Superman.

EDIT: Didn't realize I was replying to a post from 2014.

18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Captain America's "powers" is that he's someone with olympic class strength, agility, and stamina. He also manages to throw an indestructible shield that absorbs vibrations in a way that ricochets off of many targets yet manages to return to him.

That's part of Cap's appeal in the comics, how his courage, leadership and determination is Batman-esque, but in the movies like Avengers, they scale him up to seperate him from the Black Widows and Hawkeyes.

Guys like Falcon and Ant Man aren't superpowered freaks, and I'd say Cap is much stronger, but I don't think Cap is stronger than Spiderman. I have to turn off my mind about what Ant Man really does when he shrinks and how he jumps with the same mass.

/geeking out over made up fiction

19. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

^^^ Cap is definitely not stronger than Spider-Man

20. Ender120

Ender120 Contributing Member

Yeah, Cap can lift 800-1,200 pounds, depending who you talk to.

Spider-Man can lift 20 tons.

Also, based on those pictures, Cap's team would get absolutely destroyed.