1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Captain America 3

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Apr 7, 2014.

1. zlicciardo

zlicciardo Member

Fallen soldier

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

im pretty sure cap gets the infinity gauntlet and then goes back in time to kill hitler. then making time fold in on itself and makes the world end.

3. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

They're going to kill off Captain America, have Bucky/Winter Soldier become his replacement, and revive Steve Rogers and he takes over SHIELD. After all, that's what pretty much happens after Civil War anyways. So they're going to skip the Civil War arc and go right to the assassination

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I feel like Steve Rogers will be around to face off with Thanos as Captain America. After that though, yeah, maybe.

5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I hope you're right about skipping Civil War. That story-line was horrible.

Easy enough to rectify in Avengers 3; Bucky gets knocked out, Cap puts the suit back on.

6. pgsxdjp

pgsxdjp Member

As long as they stick with Brubaker they are good, though I am intrigued by Civil War. Not sure how Civil War as a stand alone Cap movie. While it wasn't my favorite story line, I'm sure the writers could mold it into something better.

7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Robert Downey Jr.'s In Captain America 3. And It's to Start Civil War

We may finally know what Robert Downey Jr. was talking about when he said that there he was working on a deal with Marvel to do something that wasn't Iron Man 4. According to Variety, Downey's in the final stages of negotiations that'll bring Tony Stark in to Captain America 3 and begin the movies' take on Civil War.

There's a lot to unpack in Marc Graser's Variety story. First off, Graser reports that this almost didn't happen. The original script only had Tony in it for a little bit, which would have only taken Downey three weeks to film. Downey wanted a bigger part, which angered Marvel Entertainment chief Ike Perlmutter enough that he ordered Stark cut out of the script entirely. According to Variety's sources, Kevin Feige was determined to make this happen, negotiating with Downey's reps regardless of Perlmutter's decision:

The executive needed his boss to see the big picture, considering the introduction of the Civil War story is seen as a way to drive the plots of sequels and new franchises for the next seven years, given the dramatic possibilities it offers for future films. The fallout from the government and Stark's actions would factor into a new "Avengers 4″ film and beyond that will assemble new characters being introduced like Ant-Man and Doctor Strange, among others, in their own movies.
    Second, as stated above, is how integral Civil War apparently is to the next phase of Marvel movie-making. It certainly sounds like this will be the thread connecting the universe. As for the movie's take on what was a massive and controversial crossover event — I have never, not even once, heard people talk about Marvel's Civil War without it getting very heated — Variety's description sounds pretty similar to the comic:

The deal is significant for the Marvel cinematic universe considering the plot will pit Stark against Captain America's alter-ego Steve Rogers, played by Chris Evans, as they feud over the Superhero Registration Act, which forces anyone with superhuman abilities to reveal their identities to the U.S. government and agree to act as a police force for the authorities.

Stark supports the program, but Rogers does not, saying it threatens civil liberties, causing sides to be taken and Rogers, among others, to go on the run to avoid arrest. The moral question and battle with his Avengers teammate essentially makes Stark a villain of sorts in "Captain America 3," providing Downey with a meaty role he could play out into future Marvel films, including a fourth "Avengers."
    Now, Entertainment Weekly says this, which would pay Downey $40 million plus backend participation, is "far from a done deal." And no one's officially commenting on this yet. There's every chance this falls apart, and Marvel either rewrites their plan entirely (unlikely) or shifts Tony's part onto someone else's shoulders.

There are other things that make this likely. And here's where we enter spoiler/rampant speculation territory.

We've got Marvel announcing a reboot of the Civil War story in the comics, which could very well be designed to put that story back into people's minds before the films come out.

And Badass Digest adds a bunch of details, making clear that this is a co-starring role for Downey. They also point out that they've heard that Avengers: Age of Ultron ends with a new Avengers team and Tony retires from superheroing, feeling responsible for the fallout of the Ultron battle. That gives him the motive to be on the side of registration, which'll be a massive shift from where he was in Iron Man 2. They also say that Natasha Romanoff's testimony in front of Congress in Captain America: The Winter Soldier was a late addition to the film. If that's true, that feeds into the general trend of Marvel additions being there to seed future films.

Finally, there's the chance that Joss Whedon made sure to set up the Cap/Iron Man conflict in Avengers, because he told us back in 2010 that Civil War comes from their existing dynamic, which culminated in Civil War in the comics and manifested in Avengers as "witty banter."

For my part, I'd guess that the rumor that Marvel's trying to get Spider-Man into its films is also related to the Civil War plan. That would give the plot even more scope. There's also the obvious connection that Chris Evans' time as Captain America is coming to an end, and doing Civil War makes killing Steve Rogers a very real possibility. Plus, with SHIELD mostly gone, there's a vaccuum for the Superhero Registration Act to step into. If Tony feels that the Avengers, as privately funded by him, was a disaster, he might turn his support to the act.

There's every reason to believe that, yes, Civil War is coming to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. That's a bigger test of audience goodwill than Guardians ever was.

8. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

It would be amazing if they could get Spider-Man back for a Civil War movie.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The Money they been making .. . . . Might be able to Muscle and buy out the contract

Rocket River
    end of Emo Spiderman

10. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Sony and Marvel are already discussing this; that's the rumor anyway.

11. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

12. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

No one cares about Captain America vs Iron Man? Haha.

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Been discussed for weeks before the announcement.

14. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

As speculation.

15. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I'm too hyped about Black Panther, haha! I'm curious what other heroes they will have in this movie to make it a true civil war tho

16. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Panther will be in it for one, he apparently plays a major role.

17. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Damn I'm surprised this one isn't gonna be a two parter. Sounds like its gonna be a fairly epic movie in scope already with Cap, Iron man, and now BP

18. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

The rumor is Cap 3 kicks off phase 2 and Civil war is the background of essentially all the phase 3 movies. Then you wouldn't need a 2 parter, you're getting a 6 parter?

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Vibranuim . . . . . Only Available in Wakanda - The Never Conquered African nation with Advance Tech
    aka
    The Place where the Black Panther is king

Since Ultron needs Vibranium . .. alot of the show should happen there.

Rocket River

20. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Yep, a cameo for sure. In costume? I wouldn't be surprised if they hold off there.