1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Captain America 3

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Apr 7, 2014.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Finally saw this online; it was pretty good. Tons of bro love from Captain to Bucky; loved Ant-Man's appearance in this

Don't know what to think of the new Spidey; guess I liked the Tobey spider man movies too much.

2. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I posted an infographic a few posts up; Namor's distribution rights belong to Universal along with Hulk. In other words, don't count on seeing a solo Namor movie any time soon. He could pop up in someone else's movie though. Atlantis was hinted at in Iron Man 2, along with Wakanda, and the location of Thor's hammer.

3. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Namor's kind of a dick. I'm not sure he would be appealing enough as a character to carry a movie by himself as the good guy.

4. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Stark is kind of a dick. Just saying.

5. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I think before the first IM movie came out the general audience was a lot more familiar with that character and iron man is also more popular than Namor. That may have something to do with it.

6. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I guess I don't see what you're getting at, I'm sorry. I'm aware Iron Man was more popular than Namor, just pointing out that Stark was a dick in the comics (perhaps not quite to the extent that Namor is, but pretty damn close).

What I'm implying is that they can adjust Namor enough to show him on screen for a solo film if they really wanted to. I think Universal is going to be a huge hurtle though.

7. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

Easter egg
    I can't believe I missed the stair car.
    Come on!

8. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Finally was able to catch this tonight (my family all wanted to see it but was super sick the week it came out, then my wife went to see her parents the next week).

Another solid Captain America flick by the Russos. Spidey and Ant-Man stole the show, comedy-wise. Crossbones was a little underutilized, imo.

I enjoyed it immensely. Will post more impressions after I digest it a bit.

9. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I had no idea that the Russo brothers were involved with Arrested Development and Community and Happy Endings. Great stuff.