1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Batman and Superman movie for 2015

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mrm32, Jul 20, 2013.

1. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

Five!!!

Cat-Woman, Batman and Robin, Eleckta, Daredevil, Steel, and any Fantastic Four. Also Ghost Rider. And Jonah Hex. And....well you get the picture.

Is it a good movie....no. Does anyone's motives make sense....no. Is it way too grey, of course. Does it have sweet guitar licks for no reason, hells yeah. Will their be an extended version with even more convoluted plotlines, oh you better believe it.

The movie is not good. But for a setup for Justice League, it's ok. My favorite part is taking a friend to it that had not seen Man of Steel and him whispering to me during the Costner scene, "What the **** is going on?" Best part of the movie for me.

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

You should have said it's Supe's imaginary lover.

3. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

While the Fantastic Four movies weren't great I think they get a bad wrap especially the first one. Cloud Galactus pissed me off though. And yes...BvS is on par with how **** Superman Returns was, imo.

Superman lifting a kryptonite continent, is definitely the equivalent of "Martha" to me. The fact that I can just say Martha and you know exactly what I mean should tell you something.

BvS had better action, than Superman Returns but I'd say the story, plot, and so on were equally garbaj. (it's pronounced like it looks.)

4. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Meh. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I was able to follow along just fine. Was the Martha scene cheesy? Sure. They probably could have found another way to get them to join forces but probably would have added to the length of the film which was already cut down to begin with. This was a good starting point for the DC universe. I trust Affleck will help to make sure these mistakes aren't repeated with JL and the solo Batman movies.

5. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Wasn't that bad.

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

It was more like Spiderman 3 bad.

Still a tier above the Hulk, Green Lantern, Elektra, Catwoman, and Daredevil disasters.

7. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Some of those are so bad they're good, In a Jupiter Ascending way. BvsS was just straight up bad.

8. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I never understood the hate for the “Martha” moment by fans. As I watched it, I simply saw it as Bats realizing the dude he was about to kill was, despite the powers and alien origin, just a man who was clearly good enough to be more concerned with or at least be thinking about his own (human) mother in his final moments. That moment was the first domino that fell and quickly brought Batman back to being the hero and man he used to be.

9. mikus

mikus Member

I went into BvS a little bit afraid that it was going to be Joel Schumacher Batman and Robin-level bad, and was greatly relieved that it was more watchable than that.

Sure the premise for fighting was hokey. Lex Luthor as Steve Jobs was an interesting choice. There were some crazy scene cuts that made it obvious they cut things out for time. They suffered a bit from trying to cover too much plot, it felt like 2 movies crammed into one. However, maybe it was still somewhat entertaining for me because of my rock-bottom expectations.

10. magman

magman Member

That's my biggest criticism of the movie. I can deal with a dour and sad Superman, and even a killer Batman, but they tried to cover way to much in one film.

A solo Batman movie after the events at Metropolis would have been awesome, especially since Affleck's Batman was good.

The flash-foward vision was handled weird and edited as if it was a dream.

Overall I thought it was ok, with a few bugs that bother me. I just hope DC realizes that they need to have some fun doing the movies. Suicide Squad seems to have that energy about it.

11. 713

713 Member

Warner Bros. Shakes Up Executive Roles

http://nerdist.com/the-dc-extended-universe-gets-its-own-kevin-feige-and-its-not-zack-snyder/

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/batman-v-superman-fallout-warner-895174

12. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Just watched.

This movie was bad. Most of my complaints echoes everyone else's. I think seclusion had a good comprehensive list of plot holes and missteps this movie took.

Outside of Affleck and Gadot, nobody acted well. Luthor had Asperger's, everyone else was very wooden. I especially loved the part where Lois pleads with Superman at the end not to sacrifice himself. It went like this:

Lois: No, don't do it. *stares at Clark*
    Clark: I love you. *looks into the distance at Doomsday*
    Lois: No. *keeps staring*
    Clark: I gotta.
    Lois: *keeps staring*

There was no emotion in that scene at all. The characters had the same expressions, no body movement, no feeling. Awful directing. Pretty much summed up the movie in that one scene.

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Geoff Johns was the mind who rebooted the Hal Jordan Green Lantern and added a stroke of genius to a fairly mature franchise with the color spectrum. He also had a hand in several good dc crossover events. Even if you're a marvel nerd, the gl reboot is pretty easy to get into. The other series aren't.

That said, he was also creative producer for the ****tastic Green Lantern movie, which took too many elements from the comics and ended up being an overcooked mess.

I hope he learns quickly. Translating paper into film ain't easy.

14. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I could barely understand anything she said. I don't think she is very good and don't understand the credit she is getting which seems to be widespread.

15. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Yeah I was very confused by the praise she was getting as well.

1 person likes this.
  16. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

She's a terrible actress. Watching her deliver her lines was excruciating. She can act the hell outta a thong and lingerie but acting chops, nope.

Wonder Woman is going to flop hard. It's going up against Bad Boys III on top of having a bunch of lesser talents making it. Kinda sad because all the neckbeards and dude bros are gonna chime in with the 'nobody wants to see a female lead superhero movie' theme. But really Wonder Woman is dealing with sh-t stacked against it.

#1436 percicles, May 24, 2016
    Last edited: May 24, 2016
  17. jsingles

jsingles Member

I thought the same thing. I thought it was a bit entertaining. I actually liked the Batman and Superman fight scenes. Bruce's dream sequence that came out of nowhere and Luther's portrayal was just, terrible, but I don't think it ruined the movie.

18. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I tend to agree that they should have gotten a better actress. Hopefully I'm mistaken.

19. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

It's more a testament of how bad Cavill, Adams, Irons, and Eisenberg were. She wasn't great, but she emoted.

20. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

It's the movie DC fans deserve, but not the one we need right now. So, we'll still watch it, because we can take it. Because it's not just a movie. It's our entire cinematic universe!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8AO19XY2rqc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>