1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Batman and Superman movie for 2015

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mrm32, Jul 20, 2013.

1. mrm32

mrm32 Member

http://batman-news.com/2013/08/09/christian-bale-reportedly-offered-50-million-to-return-in-batman-vs-superman/

Is WB bold enough to offer Bale $50 million dollars to return? Is Bale stupid enough to turn it down because he doesn't want his career to be all about being the Batman? He already has an Oscar and he's a hell of an actor. I don't think coming back to play Batman will hurt his chances of landing good movie roles at all.

2. 713

713 Member

50 Mill for Bale and another 25 for Nolan and we might have a gamechanger.

I really hope Snyder gets the can before production starts. Anybody who thought man of **** was good either didn't hit puberty yet or mentally r****ded.

3. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Could they start shelving some of these sequels and reboots and mix in an historical film or two? I know they make money but there's got to be a diminishing return on the production, cast salaries and eight- or nine-figure advertising costs at some point.

4. VanityHalfBlack

50 million for Christian Bale??? Hell, he would probably do it for free, that money should go to the production value.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Bale might be looking at it like Downey Jr. huh? They should be looking at like Jackman and realize they owe their careers to those movies. Ungrateful bastards.

1 person likes this.
  6. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Man of Steel is probably among my favorite blockbusters of the Summer. About the only flaw in it might be that the story wasn't as fleshed out as it could be and it may have dragged in a few places. Certainly better than the disappointing (again) Iron Man. And I cared about the characters a hell of a lot more than Pacific Rim.

As long as Zac Snyder is reigned in he's fine. But then I don't think Batman and Superman should be on film together anyways. It's too soon for DC to bring their superheroes together. They're trying to get the returns of Marvel without the long term vision.

7. lue03

lue03 Contributing Member

so does this mean that Man of Steel might be in the same universe as the Dark Knight movies?

8. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Just maybe. If it does happen then most likely MoS takes places after Dark Knight Rises if they're going with Bale and an older Bruce/Batman.

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

You really can't respect their desire to simply tackle other roles?

10. WestendMassive

What if it's all an elaborate ruse and the movie is all about this guy?

[​IMG]

11. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Bryan Cranston responds to Lex Luthor rumors

http://batman-news.com/2013/08/13/bryan-cranston-interested-lex-luthor-batman-vs-superman/
    [​IMG]

12. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

It seems that with Wayne Industry and Lex Corp being in the first movie they put the small hint at what the next movie is going to be. I'm thinking Lex being the hero and helping rebuild the city that Superman helped destroy....like I mean he probably killed more people then any villain has in a super-hero movie. Which will also bring Bruce back to help with rebuilding and will lead to Batman finding a way to fight Superman. Hopefully this is not the major fight and that maybe they join forces near the end to fight something more threatening. Please don't let it be Lex in some stupid super power suit. That has and will always be lame. If not then it will end with Batman and Superman fighting which at the end they resolve it and set it up for the Justice League movie....

13. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

THIS!!!

Yup, I totally agree, It's way to early to be bringing these two to the big screen together. Superman and the new Batman need to be established separately before they can come together successfully on the big screen.

14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Or only lives for PlayStation or Xbox or whatever. It WAS an awful movie, and if Snyder is brought back, Bale might as well stay away.

15. bigben69

bigben69 Member

I say Arnold and Sly as each character....maybe even switch off mid movie.

16. Jontro

Jontro Member

Jet Li and Jackie Chan should be Batman and Superman, respectively.

17. ILoveWhiteGirls

18. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I vote Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan -- get the duo back together one more time!

19. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

20. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Rumor has it Nolan is endorsing Wes Bentley to be castes as Bruce/Batman. He's also starring in his next movie "Interstellar". Casting announcement is said to be made at the end of September.