1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Batman and Superman movie for 2015

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mrm32, Jul 20, 2013.

1. VanityHalfBlack

Superman should not be in a movie with Batman at all. Batman can carry his own damn movie, thank you very much.

2. Major

Major Member

There seem to be logistical challenges here. With the Avengers, all the superheroes are sort of "equal" quality. If you pit the Hulk vs Captain America, it's unclear who's "greater". Same really with any of the four. They are all strong but flawed.

That's not the case with Superman vs Batman. Batman's just a dude that has lots of gadgets and is really smart and has good combat training. But he can't fly or shoot laser heat out of his eyes. If you throw him off a building, he's dead. It just seems kind of a weird and unnecessary pairing of superheroes - unless Batman is just the tech guy behind the scenes, anything that Batman can contribute, Superman can do with a fraction of the effort and risk. If you put Batman against the bad guy in Man of Steel, he'd be dead in minutes once he was launched through 50 buildings.

3. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Its from the graphic novel Dark Knight Returns. They must have had a typo in writing that.

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Ahhhh...thank you!

5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

You won't be surprised to learn that I showed this to J last night...without saying how I felt about it at all...and he was like "what???" and then went on almost verbatim to what you just wrote. :) Great minds. Look out for him when he gets to Austin one day!

6. mrm32

mrm32 Member

The good part starts at about 1:13

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/m0Fw3zuu4-A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Zach Snyder again? Count me out.

8. Jontro

Jontro Member

Too much testosterone for this one movie without any hot female superheroes. Need some super hot superchicks to have some supersecks.

9. VanityHalfBlack

Jontro too much fap fap/ calm down man!!!

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Superman vs Batman has been done in the comics. It's a superhero movie, anything can work. Doesn't mean it's not stupid though. It worked in the comics.

11. declan32001

declan32001 Member

I'll address Major's post, but I wanted to acknowledge yours.

I made a small fortune collecting comics in the early 80's, the Wall Street Journal & Forbes had it as the 2nd & 3rd best investment, I think in '81.

The X-Men were completely redefining everything, and there was a huge residual effect. My point is I'm not biased toward DC, and I don't give a damn about movies becoming "canon" to people who like fluffy date movies.

Superman has been a character that's had to be deconstructed every decade since the 70's. He's too powerful, and frankly I don't know what powers he currently has. He used to be able to memorize a mainframe's data in seconds, yeesh!

And Superman Returns was pretty much a frikkin' Blue Bell ice cream ad, and it buried him.

The Nolan Batman films were great and always left me somewhat unhappy, and I can see why Superman fans left puzzled after the MOS.

But it's made 670 million and it's the perfect setup for the obvious question Superman's existence raises: First alien contact, seemingly all-powerful, causes maximum destruction.

So who do you want to be paying attention. In the Marvel-universe I'd have to go with Dr. Strange (though Nick Fury would be at stroke level). Within the DC-universe you have to want Bruce Wayne drinking a beer watching Metropolis getting destroyed & saying "F*** this."

In a weird sort of way Batman is the most capable of both killing and/or saving Kal-El/ Clark. Luckily he's brilliant. Ripe material.

12. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Potential titles.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=106840

13. SexyButIgnorant

I think it's clear who would win between Hulk and Cap....One is a giant rage monster that is almost unstoppable. Captain is simply a super soldier. It takes a LOT less to kill Cap.

But anyways, there's always been around Supes abilities. Bat is supposed to be the equivalent of Supes in terms of intelligence. They could introduce Kryptonite to the film, Batman could build armor (although I'd hate if they used this), or he could set traps all around him for Supes to fall into.

I mean, come on. It's Batman.

14. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I'm no DC fanboy but I'm pretty pumped about this movie.

What? That's crazy. Hulk would easily pound Cap. He even did so vs another highly trained soldier with the same super soldier serum in the most recent Hulk.

15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Totally false.

Captain America is just a dude, an olympic athlete basically at everything. He's on par with Batman.

Hulk and Thor are on par strength wise with Superman, probably stronger than current Superman, and Thor is a God that can bring lighting.

Iron Man is just a less smart Batman sitting in a super armor.

Black Widow is a less smart, less skilled version of Batman.

They made the movie work partly by falsely leading the audience to see Cap/Thor/Iron Man/Hulk as "same level." That scene where Thor and Iron Man fought was just plain ridiculous.

/nerd

16. Outlier

Outlier Member

So this comes before the next MoS film?

Who do y'all think should play Batman? I think it has to be someone old and gritty. JGL can't qualify for this because they can't use a young batman to take down supes. This batman would have to be very experienced already and has had a lot of battle scars. I say Gerald Butler should play Batman, with gray hair.

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Superman is so much more than picking a fight with Batman though. And I don't even like Superman's character. There are so many iconic villains that deserve a movie before you start throwing Batman into the mix out of nowhere. There's no build up. Just seems strange. Again, milking the cow. Smells like DC trying to cash in expecting superhero movies to be a trend and not a staple.

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

[​IMG]

19. 713

713 Member

Bryan Cranston as Lex Luthor??

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/lQtcgr960PI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. mrm32

mrm32 Member

No. He needs to play Jim Gordon. He's already done voice over work for him for Year One I believe. Plus he looks like him anyway.