1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Batman and Superman movie for 2015

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mrm32, Jul 20, 2013.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I agree. the Wonder Woman picture got me more hyped for the movie than that clip.

This movie is looking really Dark. There better be some type of levity in there... somewhere.... At this point if plucky photojournalist Jimmy Olsen is cast he'll be 6'4 230lbs

1 person likes this.
  2. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

You may be suffering from low testosterone. See your doctor.

3. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

Only reason for that teaser is because they needed to show the DC fans something. Film being delayed, casting decisions, and rewriting the whole script caused a lot of question marks on where DC is headed.

4. Juxtaposed Jolt

For a movie as hyped as this, that was a really crappy teaser. For one, we've already seen Superman, and what he can do. Two, Batman doesn't look much different from previous iterations - and the logo of the bat-signal barely resembled Batman's bat. It barely had any angles.

A teaser would have been showing glimpses (brief or otherwise) of the other heroes in the clip.

But since it IS Batman/Superman, a situation where 5 or so thieves running down a dark street would have been welcome. Two are taken out by superman swooping down, two are taken out by batarangs, and then the final one is taken out by WW's lasso or something. That would have been a great teaser. Showing Eisenberg as Luthor would have been a squeal moment as well.

I get that filming is nowhere near done for this movie, but there are much better ideas to hype people up than Superman and Batman staring at each other.

I don't know about you, but that teaser did nothing for me.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Remember it is VERSUS not AND

Rocket River

6. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Exactly. This movie will show them against each other not helping each other out.

7. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

No, it's not "versus", it's just "v" :eek: .

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

They should do Batman v Batman where Nolan spanks Snyder on the behind like the child he is. Lulz y'all gonna get mad.

9. Christopher

Christopher Member

A lot of people are focus on Batman, which is understandable, but I'm kinda pumped to see Superman again. I thought Man Of Steel was a great movie that finally brought Superman up to date. In the past he just felt like an old character that they kept trying to make work, but it just wasn't happening. In Man Of Steel it worked great.

So the Superman side of this movie I'm not worried about at all.

The Batman side I am concerned about. I wasn't a fan of The Dark Knight Rises version of an older, busted up Batman who decided to take time off for what was it...8 years?

I actually like the version of Batman from the Arkham games where he is flat out angry and violent. It would be great to see them bring that to this movie.

I guess we will see how it goes...

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Could be wrong, but I think the source material they are using is of an older, established Batman. Not sure if they'll have him out of the business for awhile like he was in DKR (and the source material) but I don't think he will be, I assume they don't have enough time to develop that story. In the original, he may be older, but he's definitely violent.

11. Juxtaposed Jolt

Let's be real here - that can't be the plot of this movie. It'd be so boring. Superman wins in every facet of the word, until Batman pulls out the kryptonite. Spoiler alert.

Dawn of Justice is a great title. No idea if we're going to see movies with individual heroes (such as a Wonder Woman movie), but it'll be interesting to see if they DON'T follow suit with Marvel, and just have every movie be a Justice League sorta movie.

12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I honestly predict under 60% on metacritic. Who's with me? Or... who's v. me?

13. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Yeah I think they are really pulling from DKR just from the look of the teaser.

[​IMG]

Wonder Woman looks a lot better than expected, the armored warrior look was really the only way to go with her look, kind of like her look in Kingdom Come...

[​IMG]

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=54636

If true . . .someone blinked big time

Rocket River

15. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Beat me to it.

I don't think it's so much DC chickened out but rather why split ticket sales with Marvel? Now they'll have their own date and capitalize on it.

16. MrBear1

MrBear1 Contributing Member

Man of Steel was garbage.

Hopefully this film won't suck so hard.

17. bigben69

bigben69 Member

It was not that bad. At least it was better than half of the Marvel movies....besides Iron Man and GoG...

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

not really but ok . .

Rocket River

1 person likes this.
  19. MrBear1

MrBear1 Contributing Member

Man of Steel was really bad, like walk out of the theater before its over bad.

The linebacker playing Superman is a terrible actor and the script was poorly written and executed. Other than the terrific CGI what did this movie have going for it? An aged Diane Lane playing Martha Kent?

20. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I didn't think it was bad but I had very low expectations for the movie. And the ripped off DBZ fight at the end was entertaining. But smart move moving their release date for BvS, although I don't know why they pushed it forward two months when they could've just done one.

Also Diane Lane was the bomb in Unfaithful yo :grin: