1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Batman 3

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Keyser Soze, Apr 30, 2010.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

I don't think he really died in TDK. I was thinking that it would be the usual "I thought you were dead" thing, after "surprisingly" seeing 2 Face make a comeback.

Besides it would be such a shame to have him die so quickly. I mean he's only been a villain for like 10 minutes.

2. worzel gummidge

If Nolan isn't into mutants or the like. Killer Croc could be a Jim Rose circus type with scarification. See Crocodile men of East Sepik.

I'd go Talia al Ghul as the major villain with Killer Croc (minor)

Characters like the Riddler, Penguin, and Mr. Freeze don't appear to fit with Nolan's Batman.

3. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Can't wait...

Looking forward to Nolan's new movie... Inception.

4. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

The Riddler would fit fine with Nolan's Batman. So would Catwoman or The Penguin (in his contemporary mob boss incarnation). I'd rather they stayed away from the Al Ghul's. They botched Ra's pretty badly.

5. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

He did. This has been definitively confirmed.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I feel like y'all overrate Depp. What gives him the right? Maybe y'all just underrate Ledger.

7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

very cool news....

who do you want to see as the next villain?

personally, i'd really like to see the rest of the joker story played out...but i'm just not sure if that's possible after ledger.

8. YourSecretLover

its not gonna be good as the last one so keep your standards low unless you want to be disappointed.

9. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Member

I wouldn't count Nolan out. He has had a trilogy planned out from the get go. Batman 3 will be monumental.

10. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

the first one was a great movie, too. i'd be fine with that. i don't expect it to live up to Dark Knight.

11. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Hopefully this time he'll hire an action choreographer. Man he can't direct a fight scene at all.

12. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Member

Inception will change that ;)

13. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

I hope so but I doubt it. Some director will never change their color. I mean both Batman was a great movie but the chase and fight scenes were terribly disappointing. He's a good story teller director but not very good on placing his action scenes.

14. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

He's not wearing hockey pants.

15. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

I'd like to see The Riddler...it would fit in with his universe quite nicely and could give you the illusion that the Joker exists without actually having to cast anyone as the The Joker. The Penguin I feel would be too similar to Falcone, but he would be another obvious choice. I would have loved to see Nolan take on Freeze but I know he won't.

But I think if you consider where the story left us at the end of Dark Knight, Penguin or Riddller would be the best characters to bring the trilogy full circle, with Joker lurking somewhere in the background.

I don't wanna see Depp as Riddler... I'm starting to get burned out on him...he gets mentioned with any character that has any sort of eccentricities these days... I feel if he's in it, as good as an actor he is, I'll be looking at Depp and not Riddler.

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Agree completely on the Depp take.

17. monkeyboy32

monkeyboy32 Contributing Member

I think the Riddler could work very nicely.. I'm picturing something less quirky but more demented, along the lines of Kevin Spacey's character in se7en..

Nolan and Fincher are my favs :grin:

18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Now that you say that, Spacey playing a demented version of the Riddler would rock. Just because they cast The Riddler as a character doesn't mean they need him to be dressed in green with big question marks all over him. Lots of real life villains have been given weird names by police officials to mark who they are. A demented criminal who leaves cryptic notes and gets labeled the Riddler by the police.

19. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

What about Phillip Seymore Hoffman for riddler? I know that rumor was floated a while ago. I liked his villian character in mission impossible 3, and he's definitely a talented enough actor to fit into the seriousness of Nolan's movies.

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Just cuz the movies are about Batman doesn't mean he has to dress up in a bat suit. Why should the Joker have to wear clown makeup, maybe just sunglasses like he is a Poker player... don't F with the fanboys. Nolan knows.