1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Batman 3

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Keyser Soze, Apr 30, 2010.

1. VBG

VBG Member

You are reaching with those.

No one had escaped from that hell and Batman had a broken back. THe combination of that meant that it was unlikely that he would escape. So obviously, Bane would not think that Bruce Wayne would escape. NO ONE HAD. The bigger plothole is that his back healed. But in the end, it is a superhero movie.

Because it made the movie more interesting and it wasn't every single cop. It was just the majority so that the criminals could wreck the rest of the cops. It's kind of hard to invade sewers quickly and effectively without a large personell.

The whole point was to keep hope alive unless you missed half the movie.
    [/QUOTE]

In the end it is a superhero movie so you will find some plotholes because it is in a fictional universe.

I thought it was better than the Dark Knight. But after TDK, no matter how good this movie would be people would hate on it after it came out. I thought it was a fantastic conclusion. You have to realize that this is a superhero movie. TDK franchise has completely changed the format of superhero movies (look at the new Superhero movie).

I thought it had a fantastic balance of being a real movie with being a superhero movie. Joseph Gordon Levitt was amazing and made the movie.

2. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

Saw it yesterday. I really liked it despite some of the loopholes.

One thing that really bothers me though is what's the entire purpose of the League of Shadows. Is it to bring down this corrupt society and rebuild it anew? Meaning they have good intentions but go about it in immoral, Machiavellian ways? Or is it just pure evil? Giving people hope to only crush their spirit?

But either way, whatever their purpose, why are they sacrificing themselves in the process? Whatever their goal, wouldn't it be a global goal? Gotham isn't the only big, corrupt city in the world? Why not just blow it up and then move on to the next city? Why die in the process?

Also, did anyone notice that there are five actors from Inception in this movie?
    Michael Caine, Marion Cotillard, Joseph Gordon Levitt, Cillian Murphy and Tom Hardy

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Nolan is like Mann, he likes to use the same actors.

4. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

1.Marvel's The Avengers - $616,768,487

2. The Hunger Games - $406,763,450

3. The Dark Knight Rises - $358,660,592

4. The Amazing Spider-Man $251,426,210

Going to be hard for TDKR to hit $500mil

5. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

All of that was explained in Batman Begins. They take down cities who have reached their pinnacle which ultimately leads to debauchery and corruption. Gotham in this universe is one of the most lavish, decadent cities in the worlds, and it's Gothams turn. Why even question why they are targeting Gotham? They can't just "blow up a city", it's a comic movie but come on. They point also wasn't just to destroy the city. They believe in the League of Shadows and are willing to give their lives for the cause, like a gazillion other causes/religions/etc in real life.

6. Rox11

Rox11 Member

In BB they said that they takeout corruption " like Rome and Constantinople" they had there time and had to fall. Every time you take subjects past the world of the movie it loses sense, so i try not to do that.
    Hmm i remember more actors in it. Lets see, Alfred, Scare Crow, Leos wife, Bane, Ro....blake.

7. Yonkers

That's fine. I understand that part and why they chose Gotham. I also understand they believe in their cause and would die for it, if need be. I just don't see the need in this case. Wouldn't their cause be global? Unless they're saying that Gotham is the only corrupt city, world wide?

8. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

I don't think they have enough people and resources to take down every major/corrupt city in the world.... I think you're trying to pick at this way too hard. They visit Gotham- "Whoa this place is corrupt as hell, welp, time to burn it down". Enter Bane.

9. Yonkers

Dude, you realize how rich as hell Talia is right? Even if they don't take down every corrupt city, why sacrifice yourself for this one?

10. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Because it's one of the biggest? I mean, Gotham is clearly the equivalent of New York City, which is only one of the most important cities in the entire world. Why not that one?

11. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

Her dad wanted this city to go to hell. Then batman killed him. Talia went to the city to finish the job.

12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

All of the plot holes I've seen brought up don't seem to be that big of a deal.

The one thing I never really understood is why all those mercenaries were so damned loyal to Bane/Talia?

They literally seemed brainwashed or something. Highly skilled, not out for money, and willing to die for this cause? That seemed... odd.

13. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

And remember Rahs didn't intend to kill himslf in the process, so it seemed. Plus Talia and Bane were excommunicated and a bit more radical than her father.

The motivation and dedication of the League of Shadows really isn't all that far-fetched considering real life terrorist groups fight for far more trivial causes.

14. mario_v

mario_v Member

You mean, kinda like a terrorist? Willing to die for an extremist cause? Bane's men were basically terrorists following his every order.

15. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

What I really want to know what Bruce Wayne been fed with for that last 4 months. I also want to know how all these prisoners stuck in there are feeding on because some look pretty bulked up. Must be some good **** meat sandwiches down there.

16. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

OK, I still don't see any kind of logical explanation in the movie as to why they were on board. Why was Talia's revenge that big of a deal to those guys? I could see Bane's motivation, but an entire army? Seems kind of far fetched and lacking justification. 'They were terrorists' begs more questions than it answers.

17. VBG

VBG Member

Well, the original soldiers were the standard terrorists and the rest of the people were the ones oppressed

By the Dent act and felt they were injustly treated by the system. Gotham does have a lot of criminals after all. And Bane used the Dent Act truth to get them on his side. The criminals then wanted to rally for their savior and against their oppressors.

I thought it was reasonably well done.

18. Yonkers

I already said I understand why they chose Gotham, specifically. But why die for it? Why not destroy it and live to go on and continue the dream.

19. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Saw it again, and will stand by my opinion that this movie is better than the Dark Knight. What was Nolan doing at the end there? Opening up a can of worms for a fourth movie?

20. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Its called imagination! No MOVIE!