1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Avengers: Age of Ultron

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jul 21, 2013.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Big potential spoilers:

Captain America To Assemble A New Team Of AVENGERS In AGE OF ULTRON?

According to a new report, Captain America will assemble a new team of Avengers in Avengers: Age of Ultron which will shape Phase 3 moving forwards. Ms. Marvel will be a member of this team, while we also have an update on Black Panther possibly appearing...

Follow Josh:
    View CBM Profile Follow on Twitter Follow on Google
    By Josh Wilding - 8/28/2014

With Quicksilver, The Scarlet Witch and Vision all set to join the team in Avengers: Age of Ultron, the Marvel Cinematic Universe is getting pretty crowded. Having all of these heroes fighting side-by-side in The Avengers 3 would surely rob many of them of sufficient screen time, making the line-up far too powerful in the process. Well, Badass Digest believes that Marvel's response to this will be having Captain America assemble a new team at the end of the 2015 movie. The scene may not have been shot as of yet, but one character who was at one point expected to be there is Carol Danvers, a.k.a. Ms. Marvel (the script specifies that moniker rather than Captain Marvel) in what is described as little more than a cameo. "This isn't a big part of the movie. This new version of The Avengers isn't involved in an action sequence or anything. So changing the characters can be done up until the last minute without hurting the story itself. What this bit accomplishes is basically pointing the way to Phase Three, saying "These characters will be important."

Adding that Ms. Marvel will likely be given a movie of her own, the latest they've heard is that Marvel have had cold feet about introducing her in Avengers: Age of Ultron as dropping a new character who will have a major role in the MCU moving forwards into a team movie wouldn't do her justice. It makes sense, especially when it means that we probably wouldn't get an origin story or any sort of context about who she is or her motivations in a single scene. The site also confirms that despite the fact that the movie will visit Wakanda when Ultron goes there to get Vibranium, we WON'T see the Black Panther, adding: "There's enough time passed between the end of the action in Age of Ultron and that final scene for Carol Danvers to get powers, a costume and have a career as a hero, but the powers-that-be aren't sure how this will play on film. Will dropping her in just be baffling to audiences?"

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Just read the headline. Is it legit? Is it fun? Is it crap? I don't wanna read.

3. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I'm so ready for this

Black Panther needs to happen and he needs to get his own movie. Still not sure who I want to play him yet

4. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

It looks like the trailer has leaked! This movie will be incredible!

<iframe frameborder="0" width="480" height="270" src="//www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/x28g8s5" allowfullscreen></iframe><br /><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x28g8s5_the-avengers-age-of-ultron_shortfilms" target="_blank">The Avengers: Age of Ultron</a> <i>by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/DrMalo" target="_blank">DrMalo</a></i>
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x28g8s5_the-avengers-age-of-ultron_shortfilms

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

6. LC Rox Fan

LC Rox Fan Member

That Hulkbuster :eek:

7. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Woah. Must see.

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Looks good, but so like...

First Avengers movie was them fighting Loki and a bunch of aliens, while also dealing with some conflict between themselves, and this one's gonna be them fighting Ultron and a bunch of robots, while also dealing with some conflict between themselves?

9. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

10. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

yup, I think I am going to watch this one early. Sub Ultron over Loki and robots over aliens.

11. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Marvel put it out there all official like after the leak:

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/tmeOjFno6Do" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Dheymmmmmmn.

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

7 more slow months to go.

14. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

1. That trailer was fantastic.
    2. I would have bet money that was Bryan Cranston doing the voice of Ultron and I would have lost that bet. I think that James Spader's work is underrated. This should be good.

15. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Even more excited for this movie. Ready for May.

And it looks kind of like they're trying to have some kind of relationship between Bruce and Black Widow. I guess Hulk already forgot about Betty.

Interesting how they have the eyes on Ultron never seen that design of him in the comics but I still think he looks really cool

16. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I pegged it as Spader does right away. He sounded just like he does on the commercials for The Blacklist.

17. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

What was fantastic about it? Looked like the same old trailer i've seen for a million of these movies.

18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It's cool. We only have about 15 more years and maybe 87 more movies of this comic book craze Hollywood is currently going through.

Until they reboot all these different characters and we do it all over again...

19. cheke64

cheke64 Member

So thats who he is, ultron. Got my nerd on last weekend and stopped at the comic store. They had this bad ass statue of ultron sitting in a chair like a boss. 350 bucks.