1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Avengers: Age of Ultron

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jul 21, 2013.

1. 713

713 Member

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/james-spader-play-villain-avengers-617510

JAMES SPADER as Ultron!

[​IMG]

2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

3. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I'm not familiar with the character but isn't Ultron a robot of some sorts?

4. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Robot with super powers, yep.

5. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

The Avengers: Age of Ultron SDCC Teaser Trailer

[youtube]CFGg3fhYJHQ[/youtube]

1 person likes this.
  6. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

Spader will probably just be doing the voice work with a CGI or some other actor in costume actually playing Ultron.

This is how he typically looks in the comics:

[​IMG]

7. Ender120

Ender120 Contributing Member

Ultimate Marvel sucks.

All they did was switch various characters' genders, ethnicities, and origin stories, and then kill everybody off.

Marvel Zombies was equally stupid.

8. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

just licked the screen of my phone.

9. Rudy

Rudy Member

Can't wait for this now after seeing Winter Soldier

10. Xerobull

I agree about UM- total money grab. It's like going to see yet another reboot superhero movie and sitting through a slightly different origin story.

MZ was fun, though, as a What If? comic.

#50 Xerobull, Apr 4, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
  11. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I never got into any of the Ultimate Marvel crap really. Marvel NOW! however; that is some good reading. There are a lot of really awesome comics lately.

12. Rudy

Rudy Member

Marvel Zombies was written by Robert Kirkman, same guy who later wrote The Walking Dead :eek::eek::eek:

13. Rudy

Rudy Member

Has this been posted? Cap's new suit:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

That suit looks like it would be hot inside

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

What's the deal with changing the suits from film to film anyways? People really notice/care?

16. SexyButIgnorant

I believe the comic geeks do. General audience doesn't. I'll be honest, that suit looks exactly the same as the CA2 suit to me. But to the geeks, I'm sure it's filled with changes.

17. Xerobull

[​IMG]

Spoilers:

link

If you’re part of a group that has already saved the world nine times, eventually you can’t help but wonder: Isn’t it somebody else’s turn?

Unfortunately, that kind of thinking directly leads to the latest global threat in Avengers: Age of Ultron, and Entertainment Weekly‘s Comic-Con 2014 preview gives you an exclusive First Look at the big, bad robot causing all the grief in next summer’s superhero team-up.

The good guys are tired, S.H.I.E.L.D. has been destroyed, and there’s no one else for the planet to turn to when menace looms on the horizon. Everyone wants a break—and that’s exactly how they’re about to be broken. There’s no abdicating heroism.

“What you said about abdication is apt, but I think it’s also about recognizing limitations,” Robert Downey Jr. says. “The downside of self-sacrifice is that if you make it back, you’ve been out there on the spit and you’ve been turned a couple times and you feel a little burned and traumatized.”

For better or worse (trust us, it’s worse), his Tony Stark has devised a plan that won’t require him to put on the Iron Man suit anymore, and should allow Captain America, Thor, Black Widow, Hawkeye, and the Hulk to get some much needed R&R as well. His solution is Ultron, self-aware, self-teaching, artificial intelligence designed to help assess threats, and direct Stark’s Iron Legion of drones to battle evildoers instead.

The only problem? Ultron (played by James Spader through performance-capture technology) lacks the human touch, and his superior intellect quickly determines that life on Earth would go a lot smoother if he just got rid of Public Enemy No. 1: Human beings. “Ultron sees the big picture and he goes, ‘Okay, we need radical change, which will be violent and appalling, in order to make everything better’; he’s not just going ‘Muhaha, soon I’ll rule!’” Whedon says, rubbing his hands together.

“He’s on a mission,” the filmmaker adds, and smiles thinly. “He wants to save us.”

The hard part about battling Ultron, as the cover image suggests, is that he’s not just a robot—he’s a program, capable of uploading himself and disappearing not into the clouds but the Cloud. And he has a bad habit of rebuilding himself into stronger and more fearsome physical forms.
    The cover story runs through a pivotal early scene in the movie that I witnessed on set, and explains where some of the new characters (Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, The Vision) fall on the good-guy/bad-guy spectrum. It also reveals exactly how Marvel Studios is retooling the origin story for Ultron, who first appeared in the comic books in 1968.

Elsewhere in the Comic-Con issue, beloved poster artist Drew Struzan discusses some of his most memorable work on franchises like Star Wars and Indiana Jones; the cast and crew of The Terminator recall their work on the sci-fi classic in time for its 30th anniversary; the YouTube sensation known as Stampylonghead steps out of the video game Minecraft long enough to discuss his growing kids-entertainment empire; and we offer sneak peeks at a bunch of Comic-Con-bound projects in movies, TV, games, and comics (including exclusive images from The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies, Mad Max: Fury Road, and Gotham).

For more on The Avengers: Age of Ultron and the rest of our Comic-Con preview, pick up a copy of this week’s Entertainment Weekly, on stands Friday.

18. Xerobull

Movie poster (spoilered for size AND spoiler characters):

[​IMG]

19. LC Rox Fan

LC Rox Fan Member

Can't wait to see Marvels version of QS and Scarlet Witch

20. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

who is floating in the back left of the movie poster? is that The Vision?