1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Ari Aster's Beau Is Afraid

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Jan 10, 2023.

1. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

A24 has premiered the first trailer for “Beau Is Afraid,” a decades-spanning surrealist horror film that hails from “Hereditary” and “Midsommar” director Ari Aster.

The story is set in an alternate present in which Joaquin Phoenix plays an extremely anxious but pleasant-looking man who has a fraught relationship with his overbearing mother and never knew his father.

When his mother dies, he makes a journey home that involves some wild supernatural threats. Nathan Lane, Patti LuPone, Amy Ryan, Kylie Rogers, Parker Posey, Stephen McKinley Henderson, Hayley Squires, Zoe Lister-Jones, Richard Kind and Michael Gandolfini co-star.

The Montreal-shot film, originally titled “Disappointment Blvd.,” will be released theatrically on April 21st and is rumored (via The Film Stage) to clock in at 179 minutes.

https://www.darkhorizons.com/first-trailer-joaquin-phoenix-in-beau-is-afraid/

FrontRunner likes this.
  2. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

Ari Aster and/or A24……that’s all you need to say.

GRENDEL likes this.
  3. clos4life

clos4life Member

Soooo, hard pass?

4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I loved Hereditary but it was a bit a of mess narrativley and this looks even more bonkers, not very excited to see it, but I need to finally watch midsomar I might be more enthusiastic about this movie.

5. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

This looks interesting. And JP could make a movie about his afternoon bowel movement watchable. But I'm not sure I can take three hours from Ari Aster.

BamBam likes this.
  6. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What the hell did I just watch?

jiggyfly and Xerobull like this.
  7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Guys, I don't think this movie is what it seems on the surface. It's a clear warning from the prophets that run A24.
    • Words you can spell with the letters in Beau Is Afraid:
      • Airbase
      • Arabia
      • Siberia
    • In Hebrew Gematria, Beau Is Afraid= 408. 408 =
      • God's Right Hand
      • Murdered
      • Position
      • Market Crash
      • Nasa Deception
      • Hot Goddess
    Based on these irrefutable facts, we can expect Russia to bomb Saudi Arabia with a nuke from an airbase in Siberia. It will kill everyone in the country and cause the biggest market crash in history. Houston will play a key role because Nasa and influencer and Houston's own Amouranth will cover up the truth.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I hate the thread title or movie title somehow.

Blatz likes this.
  9. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I do like J Phoenix so I might give it a go once it hits cable