1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Motorcycle Question.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by jae713, Nov 23, 2011.

1. jae713

jae713 Member

I have 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650r that I bought about a month ago. It came with a pretty big dent in the gas tank. I have called a couple of shops and have looked online for a new replacement tank and it will cost from 450 to 500 dollars. I found a used tank on ebay that looks to be in pretty good shape and only has some very small chips that are barely noticeable. It's going for 200$, but the only problem is that it's for a 2009 650r. Will this 2009 gas tank fit my 2007? I have been searching online and posting on some Kawasaki forums, but no luck getting my question answered yet. Please help me save some $$$ Clutchfans and thank you in advance.

P.S: I will contribute to the tipjar if I can save some money on this project.

2. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

1 person likes this.
  3. jae713

jae713 Member

No i haven't. I actually just thought about calling them about 30 minutes :mad: ago but they are already closed. They close at 7. I will probably have to wait till Friday now.

4. codell

codell Contributing Member

The body style on the Ninja has not changed between 2006-2009. However, looks like the part #s do differ from year to year (this is probably because they are color-coded and diff years have diff colors). The graphics of the tank between 07 and 09 look the same and all the mounting hardware and upper frame is the same part# so I would think it would fit correctly.

But don't blame me if it doesn't fit. :)

1 person likes this.
  5. jae713

jae713 Member

I know. I will most likely just wait till I talk to the Kawasaki dealership before I make the purchase.