1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Motiejunas: They should be afraid of ME.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Mar 14, 2013.

1. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Except maybe when Dwight goes Superman and rises up damn high I wonder if he's ever coming down. Except then.

2. tomato

tomato Member

Could anyone have guessed, even as recent as the beginning of this season, that Motiejunas would be holding down the 5 spot like a boss?

3. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

[​IMG]

4. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Is DMo going to be the first player we groomed and sign for the long term in this new era?

5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I still doubt it...think he'll be packaged in a deal. I say we shouldn't, he finally developed great chemistry with this squad.

6. haiti1804

haiti1804 Member

If he continues playing like this...why??

7. mario_v

mario_v Member

I love dmo but I bet Morey could get a nice valuable asset for him in a trade.

Besides, tjones is the better player and better fit next to howard.

8. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

man dont trade anybody... yes we could use another 7 footer, but thats it, maybe cut daniels.. i love canaan's potential.. big papa... we were 10-1 with everybody healthy, cant forget about t.jones

9. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Dmo (assuming he continues like this) is the better player.

10. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

I couldn't disagree more with the first half of your statement. DMo is a much better defender than Jones. One could argue that he'd be better off in a 6th man role but otherwise I'm sure most teams would prefer him to Jones.

11. dsid411

dsid411 Member

He won't.

12. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

He keeps beating his career high, will see.

13. clos4life

clos4life Member

Fixed it for you. ;)

14. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

D-Mo is a skilled 7 footer and is only going to get better. IMO we are not missing much, only thing I would like is another perimeter player who can create there own shot

15. dje243

dje243 Member

There is literally no reason to think that. He's been good for a while now. This isn't a 3 game anomaly.

16. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

Tjones can't post up, and shorter then Dmo. 7 footer with post moves are really hard to find and i do think Dmo will become the better player.

17. vince

vince Member

Yes DMo can keep it up! His game is within the system. He isn't getting rattled for a lack of minutes, touches, or shots. He plays hard nosed defense, and is smart about it.

he is playing like a true professional. keep him playing. he's getting better.

18. jlwee

jlwee Member

7 footer should grab more than 5 rebounds. I don't care he is boxing out for his teammates or not, 5 rebounds in 30 minutes are just lame.

19. clos4life

clos4life Member

I like the fact he stops good shots from happening. I can live with low rebounds as long as he has a beast like Howard next to him.

20. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

There is absolutely no way in hell D-Mo can be traded now.

He has one of - if not THE best back-to-the-basket post games in the entire league.

Plus his defense has improved tremendously. You rolled with him now, no matter what. His confidence is sky high right now - if he has a few more games like this with Dwight in the lineup - there's no telling how good he'll become.

There's simply no way they can double him in the post because he is a good passer.