1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Motiejunas: They should be afraid of ME.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Mar 14, 2013.

1. prv1981

prv1981 Contributing Member

It's crazy to read how quickly the tone has changed on this thread after this game. Just a couple of days ago everyone was cheering his responses during the interview and today it's considered cockiness. Either the naysayers aren't speaking when he's doing well or people really have a knee-jerk attitude towards his play.

Also, I don't how people feel he was that terrible on defense. I thought he looked good in the third helping Jeremy pressure the ball on the screen and roll and I felt that he also did a decent job on David Lee since he only scored 10 points. On possesions when they tried to get Lee the ball Dmo was able to push out to around twenty feet.

For those that are saying that his +/- is just a result of him being on the floor during the third quarter run, you have no idea what you're talking about. He can't control what happens when he's not playing. Futhermore, I feel that McHale relies too heavily on the small lineup at the end of games to the point that when it flattens out and they lose their steam. This points to one of McHale's defficiencies - the ability to make adjustments after the small-ball counter becomes ineffective.

I love the fact that this team is great at putting up points by shooting the three but that shouldn't mean that if it isn't working they shouldn't try to get something else going.

2. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

McHale was pretty clear that he wanted his bigs posting up. Making Patterson into a floor spacing 3 point shooter came from management.

3. WSWhippets

WSWhippets Member

ok....everyone chill on DMo. he's a really talented player with big time potential. how many starts has he had? come on now.

4. dudeimfromhtown

This. He did a couple of post moved and he's considered a stud

5. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Kid has the potential. It just takes time for rookies. If playing rookies and trading away vets was painless, T-Rob wouldn't be on this team.

6. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

While I agree he has potential and can be a good player one day but why is the same logic not used on Trob. He already does a skill (rebounding) at an elite level. The guy just gobbles up boards. Dmo has a nice feel for the game but his post game like iv said is a little overrated on this board and his shot is broke. He misses so many easy shots around the rim and that's not just this game either. There's no doubt that dmo knows the game of basketball and what he wants to do but his skills need refinement just like Trob he's not a stud on offense yet like some ppl think he needs alot of wrk and I do think he'll put it in too. I'm just saying tht ppl need to a) give Trob the same encouragement and time because he has alot of potential too and b) slow down the expectations on this kid dmo he's gonna be a nice player but ppl need to stop saying he's like dirk and Yao and pau. News flash those guys were doing wrk and showing superstar skill there rookie yrs. all dmo has shown is he is very confident and has a nice feel for the game with decent not great offense.

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

That's not my point. Obviously he has potential and obviously it takes time.

But that's why literally all of Clutchfans thinking DMO was the 2nd coming of The Dream was just ridiculous. He did a couple of his up and unders, and people thought he was instantly amazing, when the reality is he's perfectly mediocre right now.

And the same goes for Robinson. Both need to develop, but both are hardly worth talking about so far.

8. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

They're not using his game correctly. He ain't Dirk or Bargnani where he's going to hit 3s around 35% - 40%. If they want him to be like that then he needs more work.

He's going to hit threes here and there but they shouldn't let him take so many 3s.

Look at the clutchfans' responses when Patterson was attempting 3s. We wanted PatPat to take midrange only.

Just like we want D-mo in the Post. Either it's the face-up game or back to the basket. Look what happened in the 2nd half when they let him go to work on his man.

9. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

It's all good. There will be games like today. He's just gotta maintain the confidence and he'll be fine. The potential's clearly there.

10. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Rise of the D-Mooolacious Beast will rise soon. We will see greatness soon.

Mr. D

11. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

So, basically, we have no real coach, just someone who goes by what management says .... freakin' wonderful. :(

12. OCBlast

OCBlast Member

DMo may have talent, but fact is, he is not going to start on any team but the Rockets. So it is interesting to see how some of us can be so hot on what he can do. His lower body is weak and he gets pushed around quite a bit - although he has improved some. He has the length, and in time he will toughen up and hone his skills, hopefully to develop into the beast we all hope he can become. But believe me, for now, he may have flashes of brilliance, but consistency is by no means around the corner.

13. tminusrex

tminusrex Rookie

Dmo is an offense killer. He doesn't really have any chemistry with the team.

14. Normalus

Normalus Member

Is this possible standing behind 3pt line in the corner?

15. cml750

cml750 Member

When he is allowed to work in the post he does fine. His 3pt. shot needs a whole lot more consistency.

16. plates300

plates300 Member

His strength is the pick and roll, transition, and low post play. Are they using any of this in the offense? I would hardly say so. In transition, he is always the first under the basket, usually pinning his man deep but they don't get him the ball. When our perimeter shots don't fall, we don't go into the post with D-Mo - somehow, Asik usually gets the post up when he is so offensively limited. Are the coaches putting him into position to succeed? Or are they players not executing like they should and look for him in the post?

17. haiti1804

haiti1804 Member

100% correct!

18. otisthorpe3

otisthorpe3 Member

He should start taking steroids, like half the NBA does already.

19. Normalus

Normalus Member

YOLO, yes? :grin:

20. lookabove

lookabove Contributing Member

D-mo has replace J. Lin as the 3pt brickgoat. Somebody had to take up the mantle.

Practice and patients folks. Hopefully by end next season Rocket have true stretch 4, otherwise, I sure DM will trade for one.