1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Motiejunas signs two year deal in Poland

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HMMMHMM, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Frozen

Frozen Member

Next D-mo match at november 23 20:45 CET against galatasaray(Euroleague)

2. cod

cod Member

3. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

Your trolling posts lead me to believe that you smoke mar1juana cigarrettes dipped in embalming fluid.

david anderson's stats 10 pts on 2 of 7 shooting with 9 turnovers.

sure hes better than d-mo:rolleyes:

4. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

A few good games and he is proven already? To me it still does not prove he can be effective in NBA. He will most likely play 4 and some 5. Just think of the NBA big man landscape that he will be in. Look at his competition.

He has absolutely no chance at the 4. I think guys like Hickson, Jason Thompson, Vilanueva, Frye, Gooden, Amir Johnson, Hansborough, Ryan Anderson would eat D-Mo alive anyday/night of the week. Those guys are really not good players. So where does that leave D-Mo?

Do you think he is a more effective player than Glen Davis or Kris Humphries? How about Omer Asik, or Taj Gibson? We know how well they produce and how well they perform? Do you think D-Mo can be more effective than those guys?

I think he might be more on the Hawes, Josh McRoberts level.

He has some chace at the 5 because of guys like these - Mozgov, Petro, Mahimi, Pekovic, Erden, Kwame, Diop, J.Anthony, Nazr Mohammad.
    Aaron Gray, Fesenko. He can beat out those guys if he learns to play some defense.

You cant just look at his skills. You have to think about everyone else that plays the same position and compare him to their skills. Dont forget we got Kanter, Jonas, Drummond and Davis to come as well. Ha Ha, D-Mo just goes further down the list.

5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He should be putting up 20-30 a game over there If he wants to have a shot at playing in the best league on planet earth. There is no way in hell that he can play the 5, he is a 4.

6. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Pleased with what I see from Montiejunas. I forgot he was a lefty, but was impressed seeing him use his off hand on several shots.

I think the key for him getting playing time with the Rockets will be his D and rebounding.

7. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

You sHould take a look at the NBA players who are playing over there. A lot of them are NOT putting up 20 and definitely not 30 a game.

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

If you think someone should average 20-30 ppg in Europe to be considered NBA talent you shouldn't comment in European Basketball related threads, your statement is idiotic.

9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I believe he's going for the anti-OHMSS. You know, to achieve cosmic balance.

1 person likes this.
  10. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

I think that he got the exact comment out of you that he was expecting from OHMO

1 person likes this.
  11. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Funny. David Andersen getting consistent playing time and all.

Look, I am with you on this as far as last year and the years prior are concerned.
    I clearly stated my concerns about Motiejunas and my reluctance about taking him #14 before the draft many times.
    I wasn't too high on him for the very same reasons that you listed.

However there's no doubt in my mind that he's improved this year. His defense has gotten better (though - and I stressed this in all of my posts - there's still a lot of room for improvement), he's played harded and his rebounding has gotten better.

The fact that you think Andersen is still better in the categories you listed suggests that you haven't watched much if any Prokom games this year, which is understandable, considering it's a rather sucky team by Euroleague standards.

Nowhere did I state that Motiejunas has now proven himself.
    Just like with any rookie there'll be a transition time whenever he comes over, though I don't think he'll need much more than a year to become a better player than most, if not all the guys Dreamin listed.

That was also somewhat a concern, however there is this thing called spacing and with Motiejunas playing the 4 and having three point range he's ususally somewhere on the perimiter, whenever another guy is in the post. Makes sense, no?

Prokom actually runs some of their offense through Motiejunas standing at the 3 point line, in a triple threat position, which seems like a good idea, considering he's a very good passer, decent shooter and has the ability to take most bigs off the dribble.

When Gee was still there, Motiejunas at times still was too passive for my liking, but ever since Gee left, D-Mo has asserted himself just fine.

As always you're exaggerating.
    Yes, it is rather unusual for a guy to be that clear of a number one option and therefore some of his numbers will be inflated due to high playing and shot attempts, however he's been rather effectiv scoring (19pts on 17FGA, 26pts on 16FGA), so I don't see how that matters.
    He has to score, otherwise his team no chance. I'm sure you'll agree with this.

1 person likes this.
  12. Rivers

Rivers Member

I think that he actually can be on Dirk's level. Mark my words.

13. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

you lie.

14. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

Apparently, you can't even read a box score.

15. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

There is not a player on this planet that can average 30 in Euroleague.

This forum continues to troll on basic facts. It is either how he is already better than Andersen and how he is dominating Europe (pure trolling) or how he sucks and should be getting 30 "over there" (ludicrous trolling level).

Let's for ONCE, just ONE TIME deal with reality, facts and truth in this forum please.

Motiejunas = VERY talented.

Motiejunas = zero defense and extremely soft

The talent level is way beyond what you think it is, and Euroleague is about 50 times better than you think.

Motiejunas has Christian Laettner level talent and skills. he is much more talented than most NBA players.

The problem is that he is almost unforgivably soft. Refusal to play defense, can only rebound in his area, and stands behind the 3 point line half the game.

This guy is way more talented and skilled than pretty much anyone on the Rockets roster. The problem is his mental aspect. He's uber soft, and that's why in Europe, he plays in scrub teams like Treviso and Prokom, instead of being on a good team.

Anyone saying he is one of the best players in Europe, or that's he "dominating" doing all that, based on playing in Prokom is trolling the forum.

Conversely, anyone claiming he should be averaging 30 in Euroleague to have any shot at the NBA is taking trolling to a level beyond even what DD does here.

16. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

His stats on Prkom are meaningless. MEANINGLESS. MEANINGLESS.

17. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

Where did I lie?

You are actually the liar because no one here said D-Mo is dominating Europe. You just get your panties bunched up when anyone says anything good or encouraging about our players, and spin it to say we think they’re superstars. Go troll another forum if you think the updates on what D-Mo’s doing on Prokom is such a waste of time.

18. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Please Do Not Feed the Bears.

19. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

Lol, sorry. I usually do ignore him, but I took the bait that time against my better judgment.

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

[​IMG]