1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Motiejunas signs two year deal in Poland

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HMMMHMM, Sep 22, 2011.

1. aeolus13

aeolus13 Contributing Member

The thing that made me happiest about that is that he flushed it with his off hand while off-balance. It bodes well for his coordination.

2. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

3. anchel

anchel Member

He's playing well again. And good body language.

4. HMMMHMM

He really did look good. When things got a little hectic there for a while in the 1st he tried to do a bit too much, but he pretty clearly was the best player for most of the game.

I really like what I've seen from D-Mo this season.
    Body laguague, effort, defensive roations, it's all gotten better. Progressively, I want to believe.

Obviously there's still lots of room for improvement and you'd still like to see him get more consistent with his shot (especially from the line), put on some more muscle and get more consistent in his overall play, but given his recent improvements I think it's only fair to give him time.

On another note, David Andersen still sucks. He's so bad, Sienna had to front and double D-Mo. Suck on that OHMSS :)

D-Mo finished with a Euroleague career high 29 points (10/16 FG, 4/7 3pters, 2/4 FT), 9 boards and a block.

1 person likes this.
  5. HMMMHMM

Make that 26 points.

6. Frozen

Frozen Member

7. Rivers

Rivers Member

Donatas Motiejunas beast performance in todays Euroleague game

Playing versus one of top Euroleague team's Montepaschi Siena D-Mo just shined. He added 26 points (6/9 2FG 4/7 3FG), 9 rebounds and 1 block in 34 minutes.
    It's short highlights from his previous games:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vEmI5i9bRjQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  8. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

Good to hear D-Mo is progressing well since the biggest question marks were about his work ethic.

Thanks for the updates, HMMMHMM!

9. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Thanks for the update.

I don't see David Andersen scoring 26 points in Euroleague, don't see where the David Andersen > D-Mo is coming from for OHMSS.

10. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I don't understand, Andersen has already broken his NBA high scoring mark in two games in the Euroleague.

11. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Didn't see that.

Anyways my point is I don't see how David Andersen is a better player than D-Mo when D-Mo is ahead of him in most significant categories.

12. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Just trying to make a bad joke about Andersen playing better in Euroleague than NBA. D-Mo is better than Andersen at a much younger age.

13. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

Motiejunas would not see playing time on Siena. You can't be allergic to defense and get any PT on Siena's team.

I have never questioned the guy's talent. Read my posts. The problem is he is incredibly soft and plays no defense. He is a really talented player that spends half the game standing at the 3 point line, that never defends, and that only rebounds in his area.

I am sorry, but even though he is really talented, he Raef Lafrentz written all over him. The guy is just way too soft and bad on defense to be playing on anything other than awful teams like Prokom, despite his very high level of talent. And if you cannot see that then I question your basketball understanding.

Motiejunas has a lot of potential, but he is not using it.

14. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

Because in the truth, Motiejunas would not even hardly play if he was Andersen's team. Motiejunas is clearly more talented than Andersen is. He's clearly more talented than most NBA players.

However, you get zero defense from him, he will never get a rebound unless it falls to his hands, and he spends more time at the 3 point line than Rasheed Wallace. And this coming from a legit 7 foot guy.

Even as soft as Andersen is he will actually provide some defense, some rebounding, some interior presence (very limited) but there is SOME. It's completely non-existent with Motiejunas.

And just to keep facts here. That stat line is NOT impressive at all considering the team he is on. It's really nothing at all. It might not even be playing time worthy on a better Euroleague club.

Motiejunas is very talented, and very soft, and he won't be useful for anything unless he grows a sack. And games like this are meaningless. I could name 50 Euroleague guys that can get these stats, with ease, playing on that team.

15. HI Mana

HI Mana Member

I would be absolutely ecstatic if Motiejunas ever manages to get 13.5/7.5 while being in the top 10 in blocks and shooting 39% on 270 3point attempts.

In terms of future potential, it's probably better that it's an effort problem on defense rather than a talent issue. That indicates a solvable problem, rather than a mechanical deficiency. And I feel extremely confident in McHale's abilities to teach individual defense; guy one one of the very best in his era (let's forget about actually scheming a defense).

As for rebounding, anyone else find it pretty interesting that Morey has consistently drafted frontcourt men who are better offensive rebounders than defensive? Landry, Patterson, and now Morris and Motiejunas by the scouting reports I have available. Conversely, T-Will, Budinger and Lowry are all quite good on the defensive glass. Wonder if there is something to that, along the lines of the synergy piece posted in the NBA forum recently?

1 person likes this.
  16. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

OHMSS says Scola is a shell of his former self and on the decline…Scola wins FIBA Americas MVP.

OHMSS says D-Will is a scrub in Europe, without giving him time to adjust to the culture/game…D-Will does this and this in Europe.

OHMSS says Motiejunas is a waste of talent and useful for nothing…

I like where this is going. Can’t wait to see D-Mo in Rocket red!!

17. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Who is OHMSS ? Is it a dog?

18. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

OHMMS is like the new DD reverse jinks. ;)

19. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

His NBA high scoring mark was 19 pts. What did he get 20?

20. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Error with my data. My bad.