1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mother Shoots Home Invader

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SacTown, Jan 29, 2013.

1. SacTown

SacTown Member

This happened in our very own city. I can't imagine some of you don't have a gun in your own home.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/M...31728/-/format/rss_2.0/-/tscrbxz/-/index.html

MAGNOLIA, Texas -
    A mother says she found herself face to face with three home invaders while she was home alone with her son.

Erin, who asked to be identified only by her first name, told Local 2 she was putting her 6-year-old son to bed when she heard a loud noise coming from her bedroom.

"I threw the cover over my son and I took off running, screaming to the living room to let my dogs out," she said.

Erin said she turned around and saw three masked men, pointing a gun right at her.

"When I saw three of them, I knew I was in a lot of trouble. I said, 'The TV is the most expensive thing I own. You could take that through the front door and go with it,' and they said, 'No, the money, the money," said Erin.

Erin had to think fast as the men headed towards her son's room. The mom said she distracted the men as she rushed to get her gun.

"Somehow the way it happened, as they were going down the hallway, I told them sometimes I keep money under the mattress, which is not true. But I needed to get to where my gun was," she said.

The men followed her to her bedroom.

"I was pretending to move the mattress. It's really heavy, so I was trying to move their attention to the mattress because they wouldn't take their eyes off of me. I needed a split second for them to take their eyes off of me. I said, 'It might be under here.' They started talking to each other in Spanish and then a roll of ducktape came out," said Erin.

At this point, Erin said she prayed for something to distract them so she could grab her gun. She said her prayers were answered when her dogs ran in and started barking.

"They all turned around and looked. I grabbed my gun, cocked it, I turned and shot him right in the stomach," said Erin.

Two of the men escaped. Erin said she pointed a gun at the third guy, but he went after he before she could shoot.

"We wrestled around in my bedroom and he came after me. I had my gun like this. He kneed me in the face. He just jerked the gun right out of my hand and took off," she said.

Next, Erin rushed to her son's room.

"I looked and saw Kaden and he had the covers up to his eyes," said Erin.

She grabbed her son, got another gun and called 911. The mother said her story would have ended much differently if she didn't have her pistol.

"Protecting yourself goes into our Second Amendment, the right to bear arms. And thousands of people died to give me the right that saved my life," said Erin.

2. Rafi

Rafi Member

i agree, we should trade for josh smith

3. Salvy

Salvy Member

Yeah, I'm glad the Rockets are finally getting recognition nationally with this article.... They are starting to fear the Rockets. I love the part where they talk about Delfino being such a great shooter....

4. Moleb

Moleb Member

I'm pretty sure he posted it here to get the maximum amount of views in a shorter period of time.

Or it was honest mistake.

5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Was it a 3 pointer?

6. Skyhoop

Skyhoop Member

Wow, it looks like Hollinger is right. Morey really is gaming his power rankings. I had no idea Les invested so much human resources and equipment into the project, but it seems to be working.

7. Salvy

Salvy Member

Yes.... He only shoots 3's or people trying to break into his home...... That Delfino guy is one funny fella I tell you....

8. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

9. Salvy

Salvy Member

[​IMG]

10. cheke64

cheke64 Member

And1 on her and a steal.

11. prs325

prs325 Member

LOH are such weirdos. He had 7 assists last night and theyre still bashing him. Give the guy a break. Even had 2 steals...

12. Salvy

Salvy Member

Hmm you are off topic....

13. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

What is going on?

14. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I still don't understand why you guys like Josh Smith so much. the guys literally has the basketball iq of a rock

15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Three armed men versus one armed women isn't very favorable odds. She's very fortunate they didn't shoot her (and her son) dead when she fired that gun on them. Thank goodness she was able to get out of that ordeal OK.

16. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

If Smith could shoot, he would be perfect on this team

17. Jontro

Jontro Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fSC5m7AkbPg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

what a scary ordeal. Glad it worked out ok for the family.

Burglars suck. and all deserved to get their asses shot.

Wish I was there for when a couple of scumbags broke into my gf's house and stole her tv and all her jewelry.

Luckily they dropped the ring I gave her for Christmas.

19. prs325

prs325 Member

Wait, wait... Isnt this the Jeremy Lin is a Joke thread:confused:...

My bad lol

20. apollo33

apollo33 Member

so much lol