1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Most Universally Disliked NBA Player?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by dharocks, Jun 8, 2005.

?

Who's the most universally disliked player in the NBA?

1. Shawn Bradley

27 vote(s)
    8.5%
  2. Bruce Bowen

53 vote(s)
    16.8%
  3. Kobe Bryant

205 vote(s)
    64.9%
  4. Danny Fortson

7 vote(s)
    2.2%
  5. Christian Laettner

6 vote(s)
    1.9%
  6. Other

18 vote(s)
    5.7%
  1. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

With the retirements of Charles Oakley, Danny Ferry, and Karl Malone, I thought it might be interesting to see who has taken their place as the most disliked player in the NBA, by fans, players, the press, etc. These were the five guys that made my list, also considered were Ruben Patterson, Glenn Robinson, Wally Szczerbiak, and Stephon Marbury. Who do you think is the least liked?

Shawn Bradley - It's not that player just don't like him; no one respects him. Everybody tries to knock him around or dunk on him, and no one shows any restraint in bashing him publicly. Dallas fans don't even like him. If he didn't deserve it, you'd feel sorry for him.

Bruce Bowen - Vince doesn't like him. Ray doesn't like him. Cat doesn't like him. Fin doesn't like him. Wally doesn't like him. Nobody likes Mr. Potato Head, especially someone who's been defended by him and his dirt tactics.

Kobe Bryant - Aside from just being an arrogant ass, most see Kobe as a total phony (and many see him as a rapist). Ex teammates don't like him, ex coaches don't like him, and outside of those who like the Lakers, fans definately don't like him.

Danny Fortson - He's just a thug. A big, fat, untalented player who knocks players around and tries to hurt people. In terms of playing dirty, he's definitely in Bradley's class, just not as well known.

Christian Laettner - Well, there's the Duke thing. Plus, he's still seen by many as an overly arrogant prick. And Jerry Stackhouse kicked his ass on a team plane. I don't know if he's really universally disliked, but I just don't like him. And he has abnormally small teeth.

#1 dharocks, Jun 8, 2005
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2005
  2. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Shawn Bradley is the most hated guy in the league. I remember an interview with a player (forgot who) saying that. He said it was because Bradley is notorius for throwing elbows and playing dirty. This player summed it up by saying that Bradley is "Seven foot six, but he's got no heart."

3. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I voted for Kobe since everyone seems to hate him these days(and deservedly so). But I personally despise Bruce Bowen the most. He's nothing but a thug and I'll never acknowledge the Spurs as a classy, model organization as long as that punk is a member of the team.

4. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

No love (err, hate) for Ron Artest?

No doubt that Flop-obili is quickly rising up the list

Up until this season, I might have said McGrady...

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Steve Francis.

sorry, couldn't help it

6. KellyDwyer

KellyDwyer Contributing Member

If anyone here had ever spent any time in a lockerroom with Rasheed Wallace from November of 1995 to February of 2004, you'd vote for him three times before thinking about anyone else. But, since he's not on the list and I only had to deal with him once before the playoffs this year, I'll vote for L8's abnormally small teeth.

7. superden

superden Contributing Member

i voted kobe. he went from most loved to most hated all in one off season bc of what he did to shaq and the lakers.

8. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

ron ron

9. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

Ricky Davis of Boston- scumbag with an attitude......

Rasheed is a true headcase-he just does not bother me like Rickie Davis.

I do not Like Bruce Bowen Either

10. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Oh you mean universally disliked by the general public. For some reason I thought that you meant hated by the players in the league. Well in that case I would probably have to say Kobe. His rep is pretty bad right now. But he does still have a lot of (Faker) fans too.

Bill Simmons the sports guy had a fantastic suggestion for Kobe to go totally bad like in wrestling. He should grow out a "Hollywood" Hogan five o'clock shadow, start scowling at everyone in the world, and piss on the fans to cement his reputation for a guy that people love to hate.

11. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

You need to add the entire Mavs players/organization up there

12. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

13. aaaa

aaaa Member

hahah, but where's erick dampier? he deserves consideration after these playoffs :D

14. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

I wonder who would get that title for history....

Barkeley was really hated by many. Karl Malone for his comments on Magic. I don't think Rodman was...for some reason, but Rich Mahorn - that guy was HATED.

Ya know, I'm not sure any of them top Kobe. I mean, I really dislike Kobe. He's represents everything ugly in sports pretty much.

15. RocketsFAN3035

I love the sportsguy....funny stuff

I hate: Kobe, Dirk(Simmons also wrote an article in which he called Norwitski "the guy who is the most fun to hate right now in the NBA),"

I really hate Amare too. Arrogant fool. If I ever hear him compared to Dream ever again, I will go postal.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

What ???

No Pau Gasol?

17. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

Its hard to argue with Kobe...who I voted for. I think Bonzi Wells deserves honorable mention, though.

18. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Kobe, hands down

19. room4rentsf

room4rentsf Contributing Member

I used to hate Sheed and his stupid antics but he seems to be doing much better.

I would have to go with Kobe as no one likes the guy and he seems like an arrogant SOB.

I cant stand Amare either I acknowledge that he is a talented player but I cant stand his attitude.. too cocky and too much me me me.

J

20. deadlybulb

deadlybulb Contributing Member

Currently, Kobe tops my list.

All time, I'd have to say Jordan because of his god complex. What an arrogant SOB. Total a-hole that never got any bad press beacuse he's the most talented player in the history of the game (IMO).