1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Most pleasant surprise so far this season?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DarkHorse, Nov 16, 2013.

?

Who is the most pleasant surprise for the Rockets this season?

1. Dwight Howard

2 vote(s)
    0.4%
  2. James Harden

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Chandler Parsons

6 vote(s)
    1.2%
  4. Jeremy Lin

394 vote(s)
    77.9%
  5. Patrick Beverley

3 vote(s)
    0.6%
  6. Terrence Jones

52 vote(s)
    10.3%
  7. Donatas Motiejunas

6 vote(s)
    1.2%
  8. Francisco Garcia

2 vote(s)
    0.4%
  9. Omri Casspi

37 vote(s)
    7.3%
  10. Aaron Brooks

4 vote(s)
    0.8%
  1. Lihao

Lihao Member

this coming of the bench which benefit Lin thing is a myth , he played his worst game off the game this season and his best starting. I don't think he's playing well because off the bench, he's just improved during off season, that's all.

2. Wushang_bj

Wushang_bj Member

Jeremy Lin, absolutely.

3. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Yeah it's Lin in a no contest. I expected a much better year, but didn't expect this. He is doing everything I hoped and more. He's hitting his 3's, and he seems to really be making teams pay for focusing on Harden and Howard.

His 3 pt shooting is starting to level off since that display in Philly, but he is still efficiently scoring points by attacking the rim. If he keeps this up, and no reason to think he can't, it's gonna make our offense really dynamic.

4. Chris Jent MVP

Aaron Brooks providing veteran leadership for the young bucks :cool:

5. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

Weird. Who voted for James Harden?

I only really included him for completeness.

If I were going to post the reverse question (most disappointing) I would be hard pressed to choose between Harden, Dwight, Asik, and Parsons.

(Harden, Howard, and Parsons have all had their moments, but have all been disappointing in their own way)

Howard and his post up game needs no introduction. Harden is fighting an injury, but definitely seems to be regressing in his efficiency. Parsons got off to an extremely show start (but has picked it up the last couple of games)

I guess Asik is the winner because he's put the Rockets in an untenable situation with his sulking. Hard situation all around. Would definitely have been nice if the twin towers lineup had worked.

6. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

So, for any LOFs who think that Lin gets a lot of hate and blame on here - just look at the poll. 87% pick him as most pleasant surprise. Rockets fans don`t hate Lin and they don`t blame him more than they do other players.

And to get back to topic, it absolutely is Lin. He had a good season last year and a spectacular one so far this season.

7. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Lin and Jones have surprised me the most for sure. Couldn't decide so I voted Jones because we knew lin was capable of this sort of thing. Glad he's getting it done though

8. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

Or it shows how low CFers thought of Jeremy :cool:.

Jeremy is the least surprising to me, as I've always known that he's good, he's always working hard to improve, he was not 100% healthy early last season, and that Linsanity was not a fluke.

9. LikeMike

Well but then people wouldn`t blame him but praise him, because he is doing so much better than they expected.

I also knew that he was a great player that just needed a little more control of himself and keep playing with that mean streak. But the way he improved his jump shot has really suprised me. If he could keep up that pace he could actually develope into the player LOFs already think he is: an all-star.

10. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

Fair enough.

If he continues to play well, would you still want to trade him at the end of this season?

11. JBar

JBar Rookie

I waited a long time to vote due to ambivalence, because I thought Lin would improve whereas I didn't expect much of Casspi at all except spot-up shooting. But the simple fact is that Lin's improvement beyond what I had anticipated has had the bigger impact on the team.

Right now among all players he's No. 9 in TS% (1st among point guards), No. 13 for offensive win shares, and No. 16 in total win shares. No way I thought he'd have these kind of numbers after 11 games. At this point, if he was in the Eastern Conference, he'd probably be picked for the All-Star squad by the coaches, if he wasn't picked by the fans. I don't expect that he will maintain this level of shooting efficiency, but I do expect him to be a very solid player all year long.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2014_leaders.html

12. LikeMike

I never suggested to trade him. To me he is like almost every other player - trade him if we get the better end of the bargain or if it somehow helps our future. I really like Lin and enjoy watching him play and I would love if he becomes part of our long term plans. I´d just also hope, that Lin also gets to be just another player on this board and that not so many posters make everything about him.

13. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Only if we can net rudy gay

#wecandream

14. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

Sorry I didn't mean you ever suggested to trade him. It just seems that a lot of CFers don't think Jeremy will be in the Rockets' long term plans - people are saying trade him at the end of this season as an expiring contract instead of letting him walk at the end of next season, or trade him as the Rockets need the money to sign Parsons, or $15m is a lot of money to pay...etc. etc.

15. Rhod

Rhod Member

I'm with you.