1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Most pleasant surprise so far this season?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DarkHorse, Nov 16, 2013.

?

Who is the most pleasant surprise for the Rockets this season?

1. Dwight Howard

2 vote(s)
    0.4%
  2. James Harden

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Chandler Parsons

6 vote(s)
    1.2%
  4. Jeremy Lin

394 vote(s)
    77.9%
  5. Patrick Beverley

3 vote(s)
    0.6%
  6. Terrence Jones

52 vote(s)
    10.3%
  7. Donatas Motiejunas

6 vote(s)
    1.2%
  8. Francisco Garcia

2 vote(s)
    0.4%
  9. Omri Casspi

37 vote(s)
    7.3%
  10. Aaron Brooks

4 vote(s)
    0.8%
  1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

props for that

2. NewAge

NewAge Member

I'm a Lin fan, but c'mon, defense??? Did you watch the game tonight? he got completely abused by lawson. In fact, haven't seen a Rockets PG with such bad footwork on D since Matt Maloney's heyday... I do think and hope that he can improve a bit, though.

3. OremLK

OremLK Member

To be fair, Lawson is going off on a lot of guys this season. He's averaging 20 and 8 so far. Also, a lot of the damage was done against Harden, not Lin.

It does make me wish for a guy like Evan Turner who can stop anyone from point guards to small forwards, though.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Abused by Lawson? True but in the fourth Lawson was the only guy doing damage for Denver. Let him do it.
    It was contain the team and let Lawson get his. He was kept under 30 points.

5. dacman

dacman Member

Don't expect him to slow down Lawson or players like CP3 or a healthy D Rose too much. Otherwise he's doing fine and is improving.

6. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Sitting next to Clutch tonight!

[​IMG]

7. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

Royce White

lol

[​IMG]

8. JBar

JBar Rookie

Yeah, Lawson wasn't getting much in the first half. I think it he was shooting 2 of 8 at one point. At the end of the game Lin was mostly on that French guy and Harden was on Lawson. Twice Clyde criticized Lin for letting him score so easily, but it was clearly Harden playing the matador.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

so have you moved on from Royce Top 5 Talent White?

10. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

T. Jones.

I expected this to be a career season for Jeremy, and also expected it to be a breakout season for D. Mo. Hopefully tonight is a good sign for the latter. I had high hopes for T. Jones based on summer league, but I wasn't convinced it would translate. So far, so good -- I'm very pleasantly surprised.

Bye, Omer.

11. Downtownbrown

Downtownbrown Member

I vote for GSP getting the decision over Hendricks. BS

12. conquistador#11

most pleasant surprise, demo and lin as the only two players using hakeem's moves inside the lane.

13. Yang_Wenli

Yang_Wenli Member

T-Jones and D-mo for me. Nice to see those guys stay hungry and really improve on their games to make a point to the coach. Especially T-Jones being a beast on defense and crashing the boards.

I know Lin was already improving so it's not much of a surprise, but it certainly is pleasant.

14. willus

willus Member

Lin deserves a lot more respect than given this year. He has adjusted his shot from one thing to another. His shooting form has a higher arc now and looks a lot more smooth. It's really hard to make this adjustment in just one offseason. Props to him hope he keeps it up and continue to attack the rim. In my opinion, his threes today were really good both of them were in and out. Should have kept shooting till he found his rhythm but it was a good win tonight!

15. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Lin followed very closely by T-Jones. Jeremy's still got turnover issues, but his shooting is no longer a liability(the opposite in fact). He reminds me of a younger Steve Nash the way he plays, and remember it took Nash a while in this league before he became the guy who won 2 straight MVP awards in Phoenix. I'm not saying Lin will ever be that good, but he doesn't have to be for the Rockets to become title contenders.

As for T-Jones, his 3-point shot is a pleasant surprise and will earn him tons of minutes. That's exactly what this team needs. A stretch 4 who can also play D, block shots, and grab rebounds. And here's the scary part. Dude's only 21 years old! Imagine how good he could be as he gets more playing time and experience.

#55 count_dough-ku, Nov 17, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
  16. TheDr34m

TheDr34m Contributing Member

Jeremy is balling out the entire season. This is the consistency we were all looking out of Jeremy coming off the bench must have relieved a lot of pressure off of him and given him a chip on his shoulder because it shows.

17. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

Lol I watched the whole game... lin was not abused lol Lin got beat a couple of times but thats because lawson is lawson... border line all star for the past 2-3 years.. if he was playing in the east instead of west, he would have been all star for sure...

abused is if he got beat at every possession... and that is far from it... please stop judging the game based on the box score...

18. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

and to add to this, Lin is not the starting point guard....

19. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

Jeremy Lin. Consistency and puting up ~15pts (if not more) on most nights, I'm starting to believe there will be no more extreme high and low scoring games.

20. Nubmonger

Nubmonger Member

Casspi. Based on the footage I saw he looked too slow for the NBA. He might not be fast enough to handle the ball or drive to the rim, but he is always moving and can hit the spot-up 3 like a champ.