1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Most perfect steak ever!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by R0ckets03, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

So far from what i've seen on youtube and people here, i should not be flipping it over that many times(only once) and 10 minutes is way too long. I just did mine 2min 30 sec each side and was medium rare but a bit over.

2. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

I smell like a man. How can a girl resist? Im gonna do it naked next time so i can get all that smokey smell all over my cak n balls.

3. jocar

jocar Member

[​IMG]
    This is how it's done

4. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I read that you're not suppose to add salt until the final hour before you cook it.

I'm going to try and make some of that chimichurri sauce

5. ruhroh

ruhroh Member

6. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I like a steak done in a grill pan. Whoever here that said oil+a little butter is on the money.

Did one tonight in fact.

1 person likes this.
  7. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Rockets03, your steak grilling techniques are pretty good judging from the pictures...love medium rare too, and how juicy and tender the meat still is on the inside.. I am hungry again and I just ate dinner.

8. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

9. droxford

droxford Member

Nope. From http://www.steak-enthusiast.com/2010/02/top-10-steak-grilling-tips/ ....

Top 10 Steak Grilling Tips

1. Choose the right cut of meat
    2. Choose the right quality of meat
    3. Season early — You should salt your meat even before you start your coals. If you throw salt on right before you put it on the grill you end up leaving salt all over the grill, not on your steak. So season your steaks about fifteen minutes before you put them on the grill. That gives the salt a chance to dissolve and evenly flavor your meat. Sea salt is all the rage now and chefs like to fancy up a plate by using specialty salts like Hawaiian Pink Salt or Fleur de Sel. Sometimes a little good salt is all that a steak needs.
    4. Take ‘em out early
    5. Use charcoal
    6. Hot coals
    7. Don’t touch it!

...and.....

I'm not going so say bad things about the chimichurri stuff.... but....

When I want to eat my steak, I want to capture all the steak flavor I can. This is not a time that I want depth or variety in flavor.
    No A1
    No ketchup
    No chimichurri

...just steak

10. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

They key is to have a good cut of meat.

A good cut of meat should have a lot of fat and just a touch of MAD COW DISEASE.

11. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

I prefer to sear on a cast iron skillet or grill skillet and then finish under the broiler, but this one looks awesome too.

12. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I sous vide my steaks and put the crust on with a blow torch or a cast iron or carbon steel fry pan. Doesn't look as "pretty", but everyone says its the most tender, tastiest steak they have had. Tastes like the center of a prime rib with a crust.

13. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

14. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

preheat oven to the temperature your want steak to end up. heat cast iron skillet as hot as you can get it. salt and pepper steak(at the last minute) and sear in canola oil on one side until browned perfectly. place(browned side up) on cold/room temp. sheet pan and finish in oven (about 40 minutes or so).

15. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

steak looks good but you have some green stuff growing on your plate! :eek:

16. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Broc killed it.

17. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

So I am guessing a Well Done steak is looked down upon here?

18. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

In my early days I used to think a well done Cajun Ribeye at Cheese Cake Factory was the best thing in the world. :eek:

19. G Zus Kryst

G Zus Kryst Rookie

ur steak iz rare

dis steak iz medium rare

[​IMG][/IMG]

learn da diff

20. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Do you have a circulator or one of those sous vide supreme things? Or do you just put it in a pot and keep an eye on the temp of your water? I have a food saver, but I'm still getting used to an electric stove stop and maintaining my water temp has been an issue.

Seared a couple hanger steaks tonight, 2 minutes per side in a screaming hot stainless pan w/canola oil, then took it off the heat, tossed in some thyme, crushed garlic cloves, and a pat of butter, and basted for about a minute longer. Came out a little closer to medium than I would have liked, but I think I just didn't let them rest long enough.

Really under-appreciated cut of beef though.