1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Most perfect steak ever!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by R0ckets03, Jul 1, 2011.

1. TexasFight

TexasFight Member

its good for grilling your foot.

1 person likes this.
  2. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

3. Asian Sensation

You obviously did it wrong if it was crap. And you're for sure wrong for even considering cooking steak on a George Foreman Grill.

The key to a delicious charred crusty look on the outside is to make sure you have plenty of olive oil on your pan with a dab of butter. Just a dab otherwise you're going to create too much burn. Then you have the heat turnt alllllllll the way up and when you can see a little bit of smoke you add the steak. You only have to cook it for about 2 minutes on each side depending on the thickness of the cut. If it's a bone in Rib eye for example it'd be longer compared to a NY strip steak. and you should have that nice charred crust you're looking for. Make sure you don't play with your meat. Leave it still for the whole 2 minutes on each side. Before you add your steak to the pan pre-heat your oven to 500 degrees. After it's done cooking on the plan transfer the steak to tin foil and fold the edges cause theres cause gonna be delicious juices. Finish in the oven for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes take it out and let it sit for 15 minutes before you cut in as tempting as it may be.

Prepping the steak. Season it with sea salt, and crushed black pepper (crushed black peppercorn is even better) and maybe a touch of garlic powder or fresh minced garlic. Sometimes I use a splash of Soy sauce on each side. (Asian? yes) A high quality salt and black pepper are a necessity. You can't use that cheap table salt and pepper like you see at a Wendy's or Sizzlers. After you season it leave the steak out for 45 mins to an hour before cooking it.

Other tips: Never buy cheap meat. Especially cheap steaks. If you can't afford Prime a quality cut of Choice will do. Never ever buy Select. If you go to costco or whole foods they have good quality. Look for a nice brighter red with lots of fat marbling. If you're thinking you're cooking your steak too much you probably are. You can always cook a steak more if it's too rare for you but once it's overcooked you're screwed. Never add a cold steak from the fridge straight to the pan. And don't ever mention cooking steak on a Foreman again.

1 person likes this.
  4. CourtOfDreams

CourtOfDreams Member

Yea dont be like this tool
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/88nMypy4MXQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

Ok awesome, gonna give it a shot tonight, but i need to buy sea salt cuz i only have the cheap ****. Hey, what about if my steak is frozen? Let it sit out till its thawed and then it can be thrown on the pan? Should i let it sit in cold water?

6. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

are the people who use George Foreman Grill's to cook steak the same people who put beans in their chili?

7. Asian Sensation

Let it thaw out in the fridge majority of the time and then let it sit out. No cold water. Also, you should try to avoid freezing steak. It looses quality and I can definitely tell in the flavor of the meat if it's been frozen. If I were you I'd use that frozen steak for a stir fry or to make a steak sandwich. What you should really do is go to Whole Foods or New Seasons and buy a nice quality steak and try my method. For about 12-15 bucks you're going to have a delicious steak that legit restaurants charge 40 bucks for.

8. supdudes

supdudes Member

What's so bad about George Foreman grill?

I'm in college, and the GFG has pretty much kept me from protein deprivation:)

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I was waiting for him to dip it in ketchup at the end. He probably did after the video cut off.

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Always checkin this thread for awesome steak pictures but you guys disappoint me.every.single.time!!!

11. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

Errmahgerd, just tried the ramsay video but with chicken breast and its the juiciest chicken i've made. So yummy. Tonight i shall try the steaks.

Is it just me or does everyone stink the place up after cooking steak or chicken? How do i avoid that? Opening windows does nothing.

12. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I assume you're using a cast iron skillet and not just a regular pan, right?

And yeah, they will create a ton of smoke. That's why I always cook mine on the skillet outside. My grill has a burner and the closed grill functions as the oven.

13. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:mad: F#*($^#. I gotta go grill some FAJITAS tonight, y'all mother truckers just reminded me we're MEN. Oh-ho-ho, HO-ho.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AjuXrxHcFfg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That's what SHE said! :grin:

HEY PETER! Check out Chanel 9! CHECK OUT THIS CHICK!!! :eek:

14. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

Outstanding thread.

15. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

yes, cast iron skillet.

16. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

17. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

DOUBLE OFFICE REFERENCES WINNARRRRS...
    [​IMG]
    Nice.
    [​IMG]
    :grin:

18. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Do you have any good broiled steak recipes?

19. cuddie

cuddie Member

Get your heaviest pan, leave that mother on the heat for like 10 minutes while you prepare your steak. Salt & pepper both sides, then rub olive oil on it. Cook on the highest heat for 10 minutes, flipping every 2 minutes or so. Set it on a plate and let it rest for 3-5 minutes depending on thickness. Spread the juices around. Steak.

20. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

Just nom nom'ed. Was dericious except i think i put a bit too much salt. Still, 10x better than the dry well done crap i did last week.

I guess improvement by trial and error was expected.