1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Most overrated player?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Air Langhi, May 26, 2009.

?

Overrated?

1. KG

21 vote(s)
    8.5%
  2. Ray Allen

10 vote(s)
    4.1%
  3. Lebron

17 vote(s)
    6.9%
  4. Shane Battier

7 vote(s)
    2.8%
  5. Yao

25 vote(s)
    10.2%
  6. Bynum

137 vote(s)
    55.7%
  7. Kobe

7 vote(s)
    2.8%
  8. Carmelo Anthony

6 vote(s)
    2.4%
  9. Dwyane Wade

3 vote(s)
    1.2%
  10. Other

13 vote(s)
    5.3%
  1. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Your post just got owned!

2. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Fixed.

3. Shaud

Shaud Member

Do some of you know what Overrated is?

I think it is well documented that Lamar Odom has underachieved in his career.

4. adoo

adoo Member

Actually, Bynum was signed for less than the Max

5. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I think you are drastically underrating him. He's not an assist guy but Melo can score with the best of him. He averaged almost 30 points a game while shooting over 47 percent just a few years ago. He was also the go to scorer for the national team. The knock on Melo was that he didn't play defense. This year, he committed himself to playing defense and the nuggets have become one of the elite teams.

6. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Battier is probably the most overrated player in basketball right now. All the press he got for guarding Kobe has him way overrated. He's a very good defender but he's a terrible offensive player. Overall, a below average player who gets a lot of press for being an intelligent player and a good guy.

Yao of course is overrated, half a billion of his fans can't objectively talk about his game.

The whole Cavs team is completely overrated. I can't believe that team of yuck had the best record in basketball. It's a testament to LeBron's dominance.

7. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

LBJ was the chosen1 before he played one minute in NBA, can't beat that.

8. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

Hey, Kobe's getting 35pt on 50% shooting in Nuggets series, with much better help defense inside. I'd say Battier's defense is worth 10 points alone.

9. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

dhoward just punched his tickets to the finals

10. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Depends how one defines overrated.

Bynum came with a fair bit of hype, got paid, played some big games, got injured, but I'm not sure he's ever been hailed the savior.

IMO Oden would be considered more overrated than Bynum if we are using the generic overrated phrase of thinking.

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Nobody overrates Battier's offense. I don't think his defense is overrated. If anything, it used to be underrated. It just got more press because of the Lakers-Rockets series.

It's like saying, "I can't believe the Rockets won the championship two times. The entire team was overrated. It's a testament to Hakeem's dominance."

12. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Nobody overrates his offense because it sucks. His defense is definitely overrated. Kobe basically averaged his regular season numbers against us just like he did against the Jazz.

The Rockets teams without Hakeem were the Dream Team compared to this cast of scrubs.