1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Most memorable moment of the series?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ibm, May 18, 2015.

1. ibm

ibm Member

dont know about you guys. but before we move onto the gsw wfc series, i feel like i need moment of closure of the clips series and reflect on what went on in the semis.

to me the most memorable moment in the series is grandpa prigs stole the inbound pass from griffin, passed it to dwight and then hit a 28-footer 3 with a swoosh.

chris paul literally climbing to dwight's back came close. but i've decided it's a distant 2nd after all.

what's the most memorable moment to you? lets all share a lil.

2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

For me it's in game 6 when Josh Smith hit Brewer with the bounce pass for the fast break dunk to tie it up. You could just see the wind go out of the Clippers' sails.

4. JesusAllen

JesusAllen Member

Josh's 2nd three pointer in game 6 to pull it within 6-8 points. That's when i Knew we had a real chance to come back. Also Dwight's elite peak level defense in that fourth was amazing to watch.

5. Nimo

Nimo Member

Do all the posts calling the Game 1 loss the worst loss in franchise history count as memorable?

6. ibm

ibm Member

if it works for you.

i dont remember if i called game 1 the worst loss. but it did come close, even now i think about it. otoh, its that bitterness eventually made the victory of this whole series so sweet, isnt it.~

7. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

If I had to pick just one moment, it's probably Terry's jumper from the free throw line that put the Rockets up 108-102 with 2 1/2 minutes left in Game 6. That's when I truly believed they were gonna pull off the comeback. And you could tell by the Clippers' body language as they went to the bench that they believed it too.

8. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

Probably not the best moment, but the Ariza "Kiss of Death" had me out of my seat.

9. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Dwight calling timeout because he was exhausted from our amazing run in game 6.

10. ibm

ibm Member

how's that kiss of death? we were never in real danger the entire game.

nah,,, i'd call that shot 'kiss my arse'. :)

11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Austin Rivers doing the cooking motion? Just kidding.

12. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

Pretty much every play from the 4th quarter in Game 6. That's what was so beautiful about it.

13. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Dann there was one play where Paul was guarding James and James hit a crossover that had CP3 leaning but missed the step back 3. I was praying that would go in...would've shut the whole county up

14. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

In game 6 when Blake made the ridiculous no-look layup over his head. That single play was an amalgam of Blake's dominant athleticism, Clippers in free-flow mode cruising to victory and pure luck.

I'm sure a huge number of fans turned their TVs off right there and then. I definitely considered it.

But off course, even though everything looked bleak, I feel like this was the turning point in the game and the series.

I can't remember another time a single play demonstrated a team's absolute zenith prior to collapsing so hard.

15. marky :)

marky :) Member

Has to be Josh Smith in game 6 when he hit that step back 3. When he hit that you could feel the hope leave the building from the Clippers and their fans.

16. Rokman

Rokman Member

Paul ought to look back on that moment in the game with disgust for himself. It was not necessary to get a foul call by jumping on Howards back like a spider monkey and flailing all over him. Even as a rockets fan I was embarrassed for him. That just shows what kind of player he is and with Barnes mouth and attitude and Griffin constantly breaking the rules with the way he plays O, they deserved to lose. Typical LA trash.

17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I think I agree with this. That was when I thought to myself, "holy ****... we're going to win this game - and possibly win the series."

18. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Mchale sending James Harden back to the bench in game 6 with the game still in the balance. Hands down the biggest call in the game. Yes Josh Smith played out of his mind. So did Brewer/Prigs/Jones/Terry/Ariza...etc basically everyone contributed in a positive manner...but the Mchale "coaching" decision defined the rest of the series

19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Same for me.

20. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

When Dwight knocked Blake on his a$$. He was never the same after that. But honestly too many moments. Even when Capella posterized hawes.