1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Most Likely: Daryl Morey fired by the end of 2012 or Clyde Drexler gone from booth?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pge71188, Mar 5, 2012.

1. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Why blame Morey when he's handicapped by our injury history in the past and currently Les insisting on not tanking? I would even blame him for too much "success" on drafting late 1st rounders and 2nd rounders that we're in this basketball purgatory of not being too bad nor too good. Moreyball does work in enabling us to draft good players.

He just hasn't landed us that homerun player, not for want of trying though.

The only thing I would fault him is for getting an SF-PF in Morris when our crying need was for a center (even Faried is playing well). Of course, he probably factored in Scola being traded away and could not predict CParsons would become a starter. Still we need a dominant center real bad and we've needed that since 3 years ago.

2. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

For the most part but i dont think he gives him totally free reign or else Morey would tank to get better.

3. Nero

Nero Member

Morey is not going anywhere.

But sending Clyde off the broadcasts and maybe letting him do 'Special Reports' or something (which would allow him to golf more so he should be happy), and BRINGING BACK CALVIN (LES, Come ON man!) would instantly improve the TV ratings and therefore increase revenue.

PULL YOUR HEAD OUT, LES! BRING BACK CALVIN!

4. passdarock

passdarock Member

The way I see it, Les is just the money behind the business. If Morey was a good, as most people make him out to be, then he would be able to convince Morey to either tank or go after a superstar. If Morey can't convince Les to do either since, in theory, it would be good business then how good is Morey as a GM? Average.

As for trying, any GM in the league can do that.

5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

What?

Les is the BOSS...you dont tell the boss what to do...you can make suggestions, which Morey has, but ultimately it's business decision and Les is the one interested in that, not Morey. Good business is what Les is doing. It beats years of losing A LOT on and off the court (fans). Fair weather fans drive business and they don't know better to understand we're stuck. They see winning records, players who put up numbers, playoff games or races, and they're sold.

As for going after a superstar, what do you think he's been doing the last year or so? It hasn't worked out, but he definitely has gone after them.

6. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Seal Killer or Nerd Herder? Discuss:rolleyes:

8. Jontro

Jontro Member

Wax on or Wax off?

Discuss.

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

[​IMG]

or

[​IMG]

Discuss.

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

Rockets draft pick or NYK draft pick?

Discuss.

11. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

I just had Indian food.

Will I fart in my 1-2:30 class or for my job starting at 3:30 and ending at 8:30?

Discuss?

12. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Or discuss
    this Gus?

[​IMG]

13. jocar

jocar Member

[​IMG].

discuss