1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Most ideal playoff matchup for the first round?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by htwnbandit, Jan 24, 2015.

?

Best playoff matchup for the team?

1. Memphis

11 vote(s)
    4.6%
  2. Portland

50 vote(s)
    20.9%
  3. Los Angeles

16 vote(s)
    6.7%
  4. Dallas

109 vote(s)
    45.6%
  5. San Antonio

45 vote(s)
    18.8%
  6. Oklahoma City

8 vote(s)
    3.3%
  1. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

OKC to be honest will be the most ideal

COACHING absolutely matters come play off time and OKC is the one West Playoff team with a coach in Brooks who comes close to being as clueless and incompetent as the clown McHale is.

It will be ISO ball throughout from both teams and you just jope that KD and WB go cold while we remain hot throughout.

Any other West team and we will be in trouble as McHale will have his clock cleaned by the other coach who will run circles around McHale while he sits there stunned like something hit him while saying "play harder guys" "clap clap"

2. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Anyone but Warriors or Clippers.

We would have a chance, but those two teams just feel like opponents we have little hope of beating.

Just about anyone else I think it's fairly even odds to win. Might be a slight favorite over a couple and a slight dog against a couple others, but nothing huge.

3. DreamWarrior

DreamWarrior Member

1st round - Dallas, put them in their place right off the bat

2nd round - Portland, revenge

Con. Finals - Golden State, prove the regular season ain't no thing

Finals - Hawks or Cavs, for obvious reasons

Do y'all really want to win the easy way?

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Scottie Brooks at least is a someone clueless who have been to the 3rd round and Finals as a coach.#

McHale does not come close.

5. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

WoW is a metaphor for life.

Leroy and I both agree that it's boring to slaughter ranch hands, animals and explorers. You must eventually battle the Warriors.

Leroy and I also agree that when you're facing small odds of survival, you might as well go after the baddest opponent immediately, and run straight at them.

Stick to the plan

7. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

i think the seeding will shake up like this at the end:

1. GS
    2. Memphis
    3. Houston (and 99% chance Morey'll make a trade at the deadline to improve the team even more)
    4. Dallas/LAC
    5. LAC/Dallas
    6. SA
    7. Portland (injuries)
    8. OKC (the Suns will still compete, but I just can't imagine Durant let his team miss out playoffs given still so much time)

these will be the perfect match-ups for NBA:
    #1 GS vs #8 OKC (i can't wait to see OKC kick them out in the 1st rd.:grin:)
    #2 Mem vs #7 Por (totally depends on LMA's health come playoffs time)
    #3 Hou vs #6 SA
    #4 Dal vs #5 LAC (their seeding could be reverse but match up really well)

don't know why some posters here scare of the Spurs. defending champs yes, but we probably the team who plays the Spurs the best. playing the Spurs in the 1st round also means we have home court advantage. our young guys also gained confidence beating the defending champs and will also learned some valuable experience from this series. will be very prepared for the 2nd round. 75% chance we win this match-up.

in the 2nd round we'll play the winner of Grizzlies/Blazers. personally i prefer the Blazers. i mean... Revenge !!!:mad:
    this is tricky 'cause if the Blazers win this series, especially from 7th seed (no home court), that means LMA managed to come back healthy in the playoffs and playing at a high level. I don't think our current team can beat a healthy LMA led Blazers in 7 games, but maybe Morey's deadline surprise will change this (G-O-G-I :cool:). if it's Memphis i feel like we have 60% chance beat them in 6.

conference final, well... as long as we make it here i don't care who's the opponent:cool: OKC? that's a team Harden always brings his A+ games. GS? after seeing Curry take away his MVP trophy it'll light a fire under the real MVP (the Dream vs Robinson part II?), i hope.

1 person likes this.
  8. MystikArkitect

Doesn't matter who we play. Only teams I worry about is Memphis and SA (built for post season). Warriors are cute now but we'll see when the game slows down and the splash brothers need to deal with the Bash Bros (Gasoldolph) or Kawhi hounding Curry for 4 games.

Don't get people afraid of Dallas. They have an awful record against the West.

There is really only one person I truly fear come post season.

[​IMG]

9. Juxtaposed Jolt

tbh, every team in the west is dangerous.

10. PullUpJ

PullUpJ Member

No disrespect but I disagree. Monta vs Harden is NOT almost close. Parsons does not give Ariza any real problems, Ariza guards much better on a game-to-game basis. Thirdly, Tyson aint s***

11. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Spurs, every day and twice on Sunday.

12. rustyrob

rustyrob Member

We'll see on Wednesday... I hope your right, but after the game ill be seeing you right hereon this thread to say "You the man" or "I told you so". ;)

13. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

We can beat OKC and Spurs if we get them at the right time

14. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

I hate threads like this. They're absolutely meaningless. You all wanted Portland last season. We got Portland. And look what happened. Refs bent the Rockets over and stole that series away from them.

15. RocketFire

RocketFire Member

Upgrade PG and I am not afraid of any team.

16. SemisolidSnake

Yeah, I picked Dallas, but that was mostly through process of elimination.

OKC? Already beat us in the first round.
    Portland? Already beat us in the first round.

Granted, there may or may not be okay matchups there, but I'd hate to lose to the same teams again.

Memphis? When healthy, they tend to give us fits.
    GSW? Enough said.
    Spurs? Swept 'em in the regular season last year, and they win the title. You just can't predict the Spurs.
    Clippers? We have no answer for Deandre Jordan, their unstoppable tank. I don't know how we're ever going to beat them.

Dallas, it is. Not easy, but doable if we play 100% and don't leave things close enough to get burned by Dirk at the wire.

The West is just nuts. If every team plays at playoff level, there's no predictability where it goes. The Rockets, unfortunately, are the least likely of these teams to play at a playoff level when it gets to it, and that has got to be solved by then.

17. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

I want Portland so badly

18. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Our team isn't even the same team as last year. It isn't like we just built off our old roster, we have almost an entirely new make up

19. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

20. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Houston at the 3 seed and Dallas at the 6 seed looks to me to be the most favorable matchup if the season ended today. S.A. at 7 and OKC at 8 are more formidable opponents, and let Portland / Clips wage a 7 game war at 4/5.