1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Most hated Rocket player ever.....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketballin, Mar 21, 2013.

?

Most hated Rocket IYO

1. Royce White

33.2%
  2. Scottie Quitten

48.4%
  3. Kenny Thomas

0.2%
  4. T-Mac

7.1%
  5. Stevie Franchise

1.1%
  6. Kelvin Cato

2.1%
  7. Terrence Williams

2.1%
  8. Other

5.8%
  1. James Gabriel

James Gabriel Member

2. Bo6

Bo6 Member

no barkley or pippen?

comon op

3. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

I chose royce white be ause at least scottie was an accomplised nba champ when he turned menopausal on the rox...royce white though? Puhleaze he can't even play in the d-league

4. moetherolla

moetherolla Member

The Stro Show

Stromile was such a waste of raw athleticism.
    he looked uninterested in even being on the court unless he had nobody in front of him with the ball in his hands so he could dunk, and that only happened once every couple games.

5. hotballa

Man I forgot about him.

6. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

Quitten by far. Barkley, Olajuwon & Drexler got up every morning and worked out together at the crack of dawn - because they wanted to win...and Quitten had the nerve to say that they didn't want a championship bad enough. We brought him here for defense and he had the audacity to complain about not getting the ball enough - dude you're playing with 3 future hall-of-famers...your not going to get to monopolize the ball - Grow Up Quitten. We could've gone to the finals that year but his attitude and selfishness destroyed that.

Royce is by no means destroying our team right now..he's not helping us at all, but he's not killing us either.

7. Nero

Nero Member

It's hard to use the word 'hate' when it comes to guys on our own team, they are like family when they wear the uniform.

However, there are some fellows who have earned our active dislike, even if 'hate' is perhaps too strong a word.

But the list on the poll is missing quite a few names. Sure, it has the obvious ones, Pippen, TMac, Cato..

But I think some people have just put certain players out of mind and out of memory.

For example:

Matt Maloney - I think we are STILL paying that guy

Mo Taylor - fat lazy weed-hound

Glen Rice - fat washed up money-stealer

Manboobs Amaechi - must be kicking himself now, looking at Royce White's notoriety

Thomas Hamilton - just a big jerk by all accounts

Stromile Swift - I literally believe my 5-year-old cousin is smarter than this guy ever was

Derek Anderson - Jazz

Kirk Snyder - Had some talent, but there apparently was not a good person between the ears, sadly

V-Span - we wanted him to be our own Steve Nash. He wanted to be Beckham

Bonzi Wells - talented, but his brain was fried by throwing away 30+ millions dollars, and never recovered

Magic Lampe - hated because he couldn't make V-Span feel at home

Joey Dorsey - basketball is just too hard for some people

The Beat - I don't hate the guy any more than you would hate the special ed kids at school. They can't help it. But what a waste - why did God make a man that big and then make him barely even able to walk?

Sergio Llull - who the F does this guy think he is?

Now I know, a lot of these guys are just 'bad, what-were-they-thinking?' terrible roster moves, but nevertheless, when a guy wears our uniform and can't/won't do the things many of us here as fans who grew up passionately playing the game could do, if only we were taller, or more naturally gifted, we would KILL to even be given a tiny sliver of the opportunity these guys are handed.. and they piss it away through indifference, apathy, drugs, or just sheer stupidity..

..then 'dislike', yeah, absolutely.

But 'hate'? No that's too strong a word.

But as for Quitten? I *HATE* that guy.

*Special Award - Three For One Deal* Michael Dickerson, Bryce Drew & Mirsad Turckan - Why? Why, CD? Why, Les? Why, Rudy? Why why why? You had three.. THREE first round picks! To this DAY I still have not heard one acceptable response to the question of WHY? WHY could you not at least use your last 1st-round pick on Rashard Lewis? Why? This was fifteen years ago, and it STILL pisses me off! WHY WHY WHY???

Oh and the worst omission of the poll? Number one on my list: Eddie Griffin. I know it is in poor taste to speak ill of the dead, but man, this guy.. I don't even know what to say. I think most people just try to forget the whole thing, just erase all traces of the guy from the memory banks.

(edit - just saw the latest Royce White tweets @9am 3/21, basically stating that he was quitting on the RGV. This guy is going to end up just behind Quitten and Griffen as all time most hated. Such a sad story his life is going to be.)

1 person likes this.
  8. hotballa

Btw how is francis on here but not cat? If cat was a p*rn star, he'd shoot it too early and always from a bad angle.

9. verysimplejason

Pippen by a large margin... He's a certified a$$hole!

10. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

never cared for T. ARiza

11. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

what! how do you hate ryan flying bowen. dude had heart

12. arjun

arjun Member

why is kenny thomas on this list? and for people to hate francis or tmac the most in franchise history........that just doesnt make sense

pippen, griffin, swift, and ariza for me

13. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

should KMart be an option? i didn't like his attitude sometimes..

14. Zarriko

Zarriko Member

How about Derek Fisher? lol

15. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Nobody hated Cat.

Plus the dude grew a lot under JVG, turned into a defensive stopper, and learned how to play within the offense. Last impressions mean a lot.

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

what's wrong with you dude? nobody hates cuttino mobley.

a second round player who came to the rockets and started as a pg as a rookie and showed no fear. and then later we learn he was playing with a heart condition the whole time.

at least we know he has heart, plus he had style.

17. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

You know what...I think I began to strongly dislike every player that DD hyped up.:)

It would be thread after thread of trying to convince us of the greatness of Chase, Jordan Hill and V-Span (etc....there were many) I never cared for any of them.

Rafer Alston has to be considered. Oh boy that guy got killed on this forum.

18. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

How can you hate Joe Barely Cares - you couldn't have had high expectations for that all time nicknamed dud.

19. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

That is incorrect. Maxwell walked away from team after the Rockets' Game 1 loss in the first round of the playoffs against the Jazz. Maxwell attempted a Game-Winning three in Game 1 that missed at the buzzer.

Maxwell played a fair amount for the Rockets after the Drexler trade, but he was not happy with his changed role. It all came to a head in the playoffs. The way he was acting, I am glad he left after game 1 and not later, so the Rockets could get on with their business of winning another championship.

20. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

I am guessing its T-MAC but I dunno Royce scrub is quite annoying....