1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Most Hated Playoff Opponent so far?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CompaqC, May 27, 2015.

?

Most Hated 2015 Playoff Opponent so Far?

1. Dallas Mavericks

93 vote(s)
    33.9%
  2. Los Angeles Clippers

60 vote(s)
    21.9%
  3. Golden State Warriors

121 vote(s)
    44.2%
  1. acjeitherocket

warriors for me

2. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

i hate utah the most, then the Mavs

3. monster

monster Member

UTAH!

Then Mavs.

4. solid

solid Contributing Member

Mavericks by miles. Sort of dislike the Clippers, but I like Blake. Don't really dislike the Warriors, except Green, who I can't stand.

5. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Warriors no doubt.

You guys realize this question is about this year so far? If it were all time:

Utah
    Dallas
    LAL/Por

6. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

If you have been a fan of this team for even the last ten years (or ten months) you know it is Dallas.

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Mavs. Sorry.

The Warriors are simply better and more talented than us. The Clippers trash talked more than them.

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Lakers. Too bad we didn't have a chance to kill them in the playoffs.

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I don't Utah-hate any of these teams to be honest. But I definitely dislike all of them. Portland, Memphis, San Antonio I respect and have no problems with. NO is a non-factor. We only drew the teams that annoy me (story of a Rockets fan's life).

GSW is the team I have the least problems with of the 3. I actually like Green and Bogut.

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Had this convo this morning:

"So, Haymitch, are you excited for tonight? You're a Rockets fan, right?"

"Yep. I'm looking forward to it. Are you a Rockets fan too?"

"No! Haha. I'm from Dallas so I'm a huge Mavs fan, but this year I also became a Warriors fan. They are fun to watch and cheer for."

*Haymitch dies*

11. MystikArkitect

Barea easy. Literally flopped every time he defended someone. Clippers were getting there though.

12. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Clippers.

1. I hate all glamor teams. Being in LA is enough. But, ever since Sterling was forced out and Balmer came in, it's even worse.

2. Last year, they were the ESPN golden child, though they couldn't live up to expectations. Lob City and all that crap. (Funny how ESPN dropped them lack a bad habit.)

3. I have less respect for the Clipper fan diehards than I do for any other fan. Ordinarily, diehards get a lot of respect for loyalty. But diehard fans from the Sterling era were (a) total suckers for rooting for a team that wasn't interested in trying to win and (b) lining the pockets of a known racist and misogynist.

4. Likewise for the players and coaches who were willing to overlook Sterling's known personal failings for a chance to play in LA -- Chris Paul, Doc Rivers, etc. I do like Blake Griffin though.

I also don't have a lot of love for Golden State, which is also a glamor team that will have a beautiful ocean-front arena in just about the most expensive part of the country with also seemingly the largest economic disparity. They also have the ESPN front-running. But, I'm also sorta happy for them for being good after being bad for such a very long time (without trying to be, like LAC). And I have family there who get to enjoy the hometown team making good.

I'm okay with Dallas. Don't much like Cuban, but all his smugness is intended for show to get people riled up, so I don't pay it any mind. And, I'm not much feeling the sibling rivalry -- I hope all Texas teams do well. Besides, they had a very broken and incomplete team this year. They were a bit below our contempt.

13. SemisolidSnake

Well, the teams should only be judged on these playoffs, so forget about the rivalries and Chandler Parsons who played one game before he was out for the playoffs and said after the series he hoped we'd continue to win.

It's still a tough call based on these playoffs alone. Douchebaggery abounds in our opponents. That said, I'll go with the Warriors, because Draymond Green is just the worst. Those first two games were his wins because he's such a master of working the broken officiating system. And let's not forget his mouth. I never actually WANT a person to be injured seriously by one of our players, but, this guy....I WANT this guy to experience a year-long injury at the hands of our scrubs.

14. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

Warriors definitely. I've hated them since Mark Jackson was coach there. The rivalry between the teams was inevitable. 2 teams with a young core that were on the rise who eventually become the top 2 teams in the west. I've just hated them since. EVERY DAMN YEAR.

PS. Dont forget, Last year we owned the Warriors.

15. malakas

malakas Member

For me is the Clippers. They are the most antipathetic team in the NBA and there isn't a single player I like in the team. Even their coach.

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I no longer vote in non-public polls, but I can give you my answer. All of them. I despise all three teams equally, more or less, leaning towards more with whoever we're playing. It isn't like how I used to feel about the Jazz. That could change by the time this series is over, however. I'm really getting pissed at the Warriors and the attendant "glow" their media worshippers have cast over them. I'd love for us to take them down and make history, to "ruin" the Finals that is pretty much a given, if you believe ESPN. Yeah, that would be sweet.

17. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Front runner gonna front run.

18. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

The Zebras. If another team plays better, whatever. When the refs steal a win, that is what I hate.

19. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Voted dallas but pretty much hate them equally

20. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Warriors. I can't stand their smug attitude.